A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

You know it's hard to work "Plains, and Fields, and Whales" into the same sentence considering how few Whales now live in the Great Plains of the United States...but that sumbitch stuck that landing.  

And the Peat!  Ah, the Peat.  

"Really, sounds like Scotland." 

The Whales were right on the border...  /murphy or o'brien

The latest from the populist:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-bemoans-record-stock-market-014448274.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

(Reuters) - Donald Trump, who predicted three years ago that if Democratic President Joe Biden won the White House in 2020 markets would crash, said on Sunday that stock markets hitting record highs were just making "rich people richer."

Trump, the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination, often took credit for a rising stock market when he was president between 2017 and 2021. He was mocked by Biden last week for wrongly predicting a crash when they campaigned against each other in 2020.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

(Reuters) - Donald Trump, who predicted three years ago that if Democratic President Joe Biden won the White House in 2020 markets would crash, said on Sunday that stock markets hitting record highs were just making "rich people richer."

...like your tax cuts during your first term that you were recently promising more of to your "rich as hell" audience at a private fundraiser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

They’re only “real” immigrants if they’re from shithole countries. 

"You're the child of an immigrant, and you married one. Why are you poisoning the blood of this country?"

Make him say "No I'm just talking about the brown ones." 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind over this shit. 91 felony counts and openly talking about wanting to be a dictator and wanting to round up brown people and put them in camps. Tried a coup and failed. Republican front runner and coin flip to be the next president. 

Have you heard of the ledge?

Seriously, if 10 years ago, you'd have written the above and said "this is where we will be," every person on earth would have thought you a madman.  Turns out, you would have been a prophet.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Have you heard of the ledge?

Seriously, if 10 years ago, you'd have written the above and said "this is where we will be," every person on earth would have thought you a madman.  Turns out, you would have been a prophet.

What kills me is that I have people in my life who will vote for Trump. Virtually all of my close family. They will vote for him if he is convicted on 91 counts. They will vote for him if he says during a rally that he plans on nuking San Francisco, because fuck that place. They will vote for him if he promises to get us into World War 3. They will vote for him if he promises to end democracy and rule as a dictator until the day he dies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

Just now, Red Five said:

What kills me is that I have people in my life who will vote for Trump. Virtually all of my close family. They will vote for him if he is convicted on 91 counts. They will vote for him if he says during a rally that he plans on nuking San Francisco, because fuck that place. They will vote for him if he promises to get us into World War 3. They will vote for him if he promises to end democracy and rule as a dictator until the day he dies. 

And that....is why we are utterly, irreparable fucked.  Not because Trump exists, but because the psychopaths who support him do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

The "poisoning the blood of this country" needs to be on every TikTok and YouTube video for GenZers to see from now until the election. 

So they can buy into it? Wasn’t it tik tok that had bin laden’s letter to America trending a month ago because they agreed with it? 

Edited by Covri

Then they are bad people. I'm not talking about 2016 or 2020, but if you're still voting for any R in 2024, you're a bad person; there's no other way to paint it. My own mother is one. Rage watching FNC was we speak. "It's just on in the background. I'm not really paying attention. "
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind over this shit. 91 felony counts and openly talking about wanting to be a dictator and wanting to round up brown people and put them in camps. Tried a coup and failed. Republican front runner and coin flip to be the next president. 

89rqk4.gif.c79f99a2f141ebe10b675a10b4214617.gif

32 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Talked to one former Trump voter who said if it's Trump, he just won't vote at all.  I'm hoping more and more of his past supporters decide to just not vote for him.  

Wow, what heroes. "I finally realized that Trump is an active threat to our ongoing democracy and might not be a great guy at all. I'll show my protest by not voting because, what am I supposed to do, vote for a Democrat?" So depressing that that's what we're banking on. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Talked to one former Trump voter who said if it's Trump, he just won't vote at all.  I'm hoping more and more of his past supporters decide to just not vote for him.  

I’m not buying this.

Cruz made a speech at the 2016 RNC disparaging trump and he was booed. Next thing, cruz is working the phone bank for dotard.

They will all fall in line behind trump once again. They may just be a bit more subtle about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Wow, what heroes. "I finally realized that Trump is an active threat to our ongoing democracy and might not be a great guy at all. I'll show my protest by not voting because, what am I supposed to do, vote for a Democrat?" So depressing that that's what we're banking on. 

Oh, I get it.  Its cowardly.  But I think at this point you've got people so brainwashed that they won't vote for Biden just like he told me he would have never voted for Hillary.  So, if you can't get them to vote for Biden, you may as well make sure they don't vote for Trump.  He confirmed he didn't vote for him in 2020. Only 2016.  Voted for everything else but President.  

6 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

...like your tax cuts during your first term that you were recently promising more of to your "rich as hell" audience at a private fundraiser.

Sure.

Keep telling yourself that.

This is liberal masturbation.

Trump is a feeling.

An id.

He is MAGA. MAGA is him.

He's a mascot of an aggrieved racist white voter who's looking for simple solutions to complex problems in an ever-changing world that they can't make sense of.

He's the embodiment of the veneer that his followers believe success is / America is.

What he says doesn't matter.

What he represents does.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

We won't know whether the presidential race is a coin flip for quite some time. 

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Oh, I get it.  Its cowardly.  But I think at this point you've got people so brainwashed that they won't vote for Biden just like he told me he would have never voted for Hillary.  So, if you can't get them to vote for Biden, you may as well make sure they don't vote for Trump.  He confirmed he didn't vote for him in 2020. Only 2016.  Voted for everything else but President.  

Then, we have the truly terrible Americans, like Frank Drebin (fka Johnny Sack), who say they didn't vote for Trump in 2016 but liked what they saw, so they ended up voting for him in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

I’m not buying this.

Cruz made a speech at the 2016 RNC disparaging trump and he was booed. Next thing, cruz is working the phone bank for dotard.

They will all fall in line behind trump once again. They may just be a bit more subtle about it.

A lot of them will vote for him and not admit it. Some in reliable red states won’t vote, knowing he doesn’t need their vote to win. But they would never vote against him. 

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

The "poisoning the blood of this country" needs to be on every TikTok and YouTube video for GenZers to see from now until the election. 

Would the poison to which he refers include that of his children sired with immigrant women?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

I know plenty who might actually vote for some other (R) in the primaries because they are tired of the drama and just want to go back to evil Republican shit without Trump putting a crosshair on them.

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Trump is a feeling.

An id.

He is MAGA. MAGA is him.

He's a mascot of an aggrieved racist white voter who's looking for simple solutions to complex problems in an ever-changing world that they can't make sense of.

He's the embodiment of the veneer that his followers believe success is / America is.

What he says doesn't matter.

What he represents does.

This is the problem - because he's a feeling, somebody else could come along who could not only tap into those feelings, but is competent enough to really wreck shit.

I still think for many it's not about Trump, it's about how he makes them feel, and in theory somebody else could come along and make them feel that way.  Thankfully, DeSantis is not capable of a lot of human emotions, like his human wife.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know plenty who might actually vote for some other (R) in the primaries because they are tired of the drama and just want to go back to evil Republican shit without Trump putting a crosshair on them.

This is the problem - because he's a feeling, somebody else could come along who could not only tap into those feelings, but is competent enough to really wreck shit.

I still think for many it's not about Trump, it's about how he makes them feel, and in theory somebody else could come along and make them feel that way.  Thankfully, DeSantis is not capable of a lot of human emotions, like his human wife.

Could someone tap into those feelings?  Sure, it's possible.  But nobody on the current horizon has that ability beyond Trump.  For as dumb as he is, he is truly gifted in that area.  Desantis really wanted to be that guy and he's just not.  Same for Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Could someone tap into those feelings?  Sure, it's possible.  But nobody on the current horizon has that ability beyond Trump.  For as dumb as he is, he is truly gifted in that area.  Desantis really wanted to be that guy and he's just not.  Same for Cruz.

Trump wasn't on the horizon before he got elected.  It doesn't have to take that much time.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Then they are bad people. I'm not talking about 2016 or 2020, but if you're still voting for any R in 2024, you're a bad person; there's no other way to paint it. My own mother is one. Rage watching FNC was we speak. "It's just on in the background. I'm not really paying attention. "

I have someone like this that voted dotard in 2016 and I’m pretty sure was convinced to vote Biden in 2020, but I’m fearful is going to switch back to dotard in 2024. The hate from social media/fox news is just too addicting for her. It’s really sad actually, but it’s like she needs the dopamine hit (or whatever it actually is) by expressing this hatred. I don’t know why it exists, as she’s generally nice in real life. Generally. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Trump wasn't on the horizon before he got elected.  It doesn't have to take that much time.

Like I said, it can happen.  I'm not going to fret about who the next wannabe dictator is.  I'm going to work to make sure the one we know about doesn't get anywhere near the Oval Office again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Like @Macanudo said, Trump really wasn't on the horizon before he got elected (or rather won the primaries).  

With that said, to want to tap into MAGA, I honestly think at this point that it would have to be a known quantity.  Trump pulled some of those people out of not quite thin air (i.e. many weren't voting before him), but I think now, anybody who tries to succeed him has to be deeply engaged with MAGA already. They have to have been seen fighting in the proverbial trenches (maybe making an appearance at J6).  It has to be somebody slick and polished, and nobody in Trump's inner-orbit fits that description.

I don't know if they will have to be blessed by Trump in some manner, because I think he will burn down the GQP on his way out and he will complain that everything was rigged again - when he loses this time around, the BMDs will get really aggressive in promoting somebody other-than-Trump in 2028, because the longer this goes on, the more chances they will lose some Supreme Court seats as well as the Dems will build up majorities in both Congressional chambers..  

And if he loses any primaries, I think he goes all-in on destroying everybody running against him, rather than what we have right now where he just occasionally snipes at them from the sidelines. He will probably go after state Republican organizations who were handling their primaries and claiming they rigged it against him.

Edit: MAGA will go on without him/in spite of him, even if he burns down the GOP on the way out, unless he starts an actual MAGA party (fingers crossed).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have someone like this that voted dotard in 2016 and I’m pretty sure was convinced to vote Biden in 2020, but I’m fearful is going to switch back to dotard in 2024. The hate from social media/fox news is just too addicting for her. It’s really sad actually, but it’s like she needs the dopamine hit (or whatever it actually is) by expressing this hatred. I don’t know why it exists, as she’s generally nice in real life. Generally. 

There maybe some mental illness going on, or something wrong in her life that she can't control, so she's living vicariously through politics/blaming other people.

With the Qanon types, mental issues were prevalent obviously, but some of these people clearly have made problematic life choices.

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There maybe some mental illness going on, or something wrong in her life that she can't control, so she's living vicariously through politics/blaming other people.

With the Qanon types, mental issues were prevalent obviously, but some of these people clearly have made problematic life choices.

This person is extremely well to do and wants for nothing, other than apparently just wanting someone to hate.  It's bizarre.  I'm just glad I'm on the side of people who are treated well.  Because there's a lot of hate in this person's heart for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Lots of federal land in the Utah desert (downwind from the Nevada test site).

All we need is a catchy marketing rebranding of the Dugway Proving Ground.  Or we could do a Times Beach in MIssouri, the place evacuated because of DDT poison.  

Look folks, I'm leaning into my higher power again.  I'm doing the Advent thing.  We're taking the girls to church on Christmas Eve as always.  I'm doing my level best to be joyful and grateful this holiday season.  

So the self-proclaimed "Strong Against China" asshat...When he reassumes power after another coup, he will deliver 10 new ground-up cities on government owned land to give hard working families a place to prosper under his watchful eye.  That is literally and precisely what the Chinese Communist Party did not too long ago.  Built ten new cities in the middle of nowhere, on government land, for 'hard-working, industrious' families to come live and work and grow under the regime's protection.  We are living in a fucking computer program but the pain is going to be very, very real.  

21 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

All we need is a catchy marketing rebranding of the Dugway Proving Ground.  

You think you need to rebrand it?  I don't.  Just need the right slogan:

"Do you believe Americans should pull themselves up by their bootstraps?  Then prove yourself at the Dugway Proving Ground"

"If immigrants are poisoning our blood, then isn't it time we prove ourselves at the new Freedom City of Dugway Proving Ground!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You think you need to rebrand it?  I don't.  Just need the right slogan:

"Do you believe Americans should pull themselves up by their bootstraps?  Then prove yourself at the Dugway Proving Ground"

"If immigrants are poisoning our blood, then isn't it time we prove ourselves at the new Freedom City of Dugway Proving Ground!"

The Love Canal township for pure bloods and now woke free!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1