Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The AAS guys are going to be ornery about the coaching change because when they ran with CDC's vote of confidence as confirmation that Herman would coach in 2021 they got a lot of shit talked to them for being so stupid and not recognizing what it really was. Those guys do actually believe that they're the local experts on college football and the Texas program in particular because they're the guys covering it for the local paper.

After people pointed out how wrong their interpretation of CDC's statement was they doubled down. So now they have to believe that this was a nefarious and malicious move by the athletic department because it's easier to pretend that's the case than to accept that they are exactly as dumb as everyone told them they are.

I haven't read anything they have written in over 10 years unless someone posts it on Surly.  They have sucked for about 30 years or so though.

• Hook 'Em 1

If someone were to see a full transcript of that Golden interview, it would read like a UT hit piece. Acknowledges A&M success this year (beyond that, says if A&M were to have played UT this year, and UT won, Herman would still have his job), talks about Sark having a worse HC record than Tom, etc.

When posed the question of "What evidence is there that anyone can turn Texas into a legitimate contender right now?" his reply, "There is no evidence."

Have honestly never seen a local rag go out of there way so much to go on national television and shit on the program that largely helps keep said rag in circulation. FCG.

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

If someone were to see a full transcript of that Golden interview, it would read like a UT hit piece. Acknowledges A&M success this year, talks about Sark having a worse HC than Tom, etc. When posed the question of "What evidence is there that anyone can turn Texas into a legitimate contender right now?" his reply, "There is no evidence."

Have honestly never seen a local rag go out of there way so much to go on national television and shit on the program that largely helps keep said rag in circulation. FCG.

If the statesman had any sense, they would have jettisoned these clowns for actual reporters a long, long time ago.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

If someone were to see a full transcript of that Golden interview, it would read like a UT hit piece. Acknowledges A&M success this year, talks about Sark having a worse HC than Tom, etc. When posed the question of "What evidence is there that anyone can turn Texas into a legitimate contender right now?" his reply, "There is no evidence."

Yeah, it was a "Trash Texas and Their Alums" fuck fest

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

If someone were to see a full transcript of that Golden interview, it would read like a UT hit piece. Acknowledges A&M success this year (beyond that, says if A&M were to have played UT this year, and UT won, Herman would still have his job), talks about Sark having a worse HC record than Tom, etc.

When posed the question of "What evidence is there that anyone can turn Texas into a legitimate contender right now?" his reply, "There is no evidence."

You guys realize reactions like this are great. It almost assures that Sark will find success at Texas.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I did myself the disservice of watching that stupid zoom call they put together a day or two back on the firing with Golden, Bohls, Davis, etc. They spent the entire time whining about how they didn't see it coming and they didn't like the press conference because they had to put their questions in the chat, and this wasn't a very "Texas" thing to do. What a bunch of entitled. out of touch. lazy ass fucks. These guys just sit outside on the front step waiting for someone to hand them something. They are like homeless reporters. No idea how to do journalism or investigation or anything remotely valuable. Just sit behind their desks a few extra inches away each year and collect paychecks as "insiders". Give me a fucking break. The fact that Kirk Bohls has a heisman vote is one of the most criminal things in sports. 

I guess one good thing from Covid was these imbeciles didn't get a chance to grandstand at the intro press conference and feed their fat fucking faces at the buffet trough whenever we have one of these things.

Kurt can go fuck himself.  that guy is a waste of air.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fug said:

AAS guys are giving me Taylor Hamm vibes with the way they’re reacting to this. (By the way what happened to that guy?)

He has been hopping around from job to job with his average tenure of about 9 months in his last several stops according to his linkedin. 6 Figs are definitely harder to come by these days. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fug said:

AAS guys are giving me Taylor Hamm vibes with the way they’re reacting to this. (By the way what happened to that guy?)

He died from a prolapsed rectum after following a bunch of corps members into a bathroom. 

24 minutes ago, GTA-Horn said:

Where did Cedric Golden go to college?   

As someone who would like to think he's pretty skilled at internet sleuthing, I can't find any info on an alma mater (though he proudly displays that he is an alumnus of Bishop Gorman HS), which suggests he did not go to college. NTTAWWT, but there's plenty wrong with FCG. 

Well at least it seems that Sark will not be like Turtle Tom. At 3:13 John David Booty is asked what is Sarks philosophy and he says "Aggressive that is what they always preach, keeping your foot on the gas and getting after it. Really not giving the defense a chance to breath and we are just going to keep coming after you every play with motions and shifts......"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Unpopular though it may be...growing up I enjoyed Bohls writing, especially after another stupid loss of which there were many....

Davis and Golden I have never cared for their coverage though.

Ok....I could work through most all of the weekly “9 things and one crazy prediction” and the “while I’ve got ya’” add ons to his columns...before there was an internet.

But the window to the world at his disposal did nothing more than reveal his cuntiness
  • Hook 'Em 2

The other thing about Cedric Golden acting so butthurt about all this is that he was Herman's mouthpiece. He's probably the only guy in Austin sorry to see the turtle hit the bricks. He might have to do some real reportering instead of getting spoon fed scoops in return for lobbing softballs at the coach like that bullshit he pulled with Herman in that press conference about his job security. Fuck that self-serving "journalist" in the goat ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well at least it seems that Sark will not be like Turtle Tom. At 3:13 John David Booty is asked what is Sarks philosophy and he says "Aggressive that is what they always preach, keeping your foot on the gas and getting after it. Really not giving the defense a chance to breath and we are just going to keep coming after you every play with motions and shifts......"

Sark casually throwing up the horns in the video's thumbnail

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, El Hornarino said:

Wiki logs the edits with the user that makes the edits, and actually that can point through to a few location services.  Just have to click on the "View History" tab on the wiki article.

Since it depends on database, others said Sevierville or Nashville.  Besides that, there are the probably corporate listings for New York or New Jersey.

Nashville you say? Sounds like the agent's office jumped the gun on the wiki updates

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

***Also, I should note that all the other names we are hearing about or discussing Saban tree guys: Muschamp, Lupoi, Ansley, etc. If you bring in a guy like Odom you aren’t necessarily cutting ties with Saban tree guys but you are make a decision not to go with Saban’s defense and give yourself an easier path to poaching off previous Saban guys or even current ones.

Trying to make sense of his typos/nonsense here. Is he saying hiring Odom makes it tougher to pull the other assistant targets that are associated with Saban?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Trying to make sense of his typos/nonsense here. Is he saying hiring Odom makes it tougher to pull the other assistant targets that are associated with Saban?

Yes. If you go with Odom - it’s less likely you’ll pull guys from the Saban tree. 

It’s the reason both TFB and IT are questioning how serious the Odom pursuit is.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Conspicuously absent in this discussion is who Sark will select as bagman, since working with Carroll and Saban he must have some great contacts in the network. We need to play like the rest of them.

We’ve heard the names Tosh Lupoi and Corey Raymond. That’s all I need to know about how Sark wants to do this. 

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Conspicuously absent in this discussion is who Sark will select as bagman, since working with Carroll and Saban he must have some great contacts in the network. We need to play like the rest of them.

everyone GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

When does Bohls retire? 

Not soon enough. He wants to come off as a curmudgeon who the AD and coaches should work hard to please. But he's a lazy, entitled prick who's been dining out on his 1970s friendship with Darrell Royal  for far too long.

As as someone mentioned, there are a whole lot of old people like my dad who get their news from him, FFS. 

Edited by Cap33
spelling