Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's remarkable to watch the insiders be completely unable to process a recruit giving positive signs to multiple schools.

Both schools think he is coming, ergo there will be a mix of confidence and apprehension from both sides depending on the hour.  That'll be $9.95.

Thank you for not asking for a tip on top of the 9.95

• Hook 'Em 3

How many times has a recruit liked Texas and grew up a horns fan but ends up picking another school due to bag money.  Seems like LSU is the school Simmons has always wanted to go to.  It's going to be so sweet when we offer him a NIL package LSU can't match and we win this recruitment.  I cannot come to terms with the fact that he's going to pick a school where he does not know who his long term DL coach will be and I doubt he has a better relationship with Kelly as he's been there a little over a year.  Keep in mind, his trainer was also recently hired by Texas.  Everything here points to Texas.  The LSU tears will be oh so sweet come Thursday.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I cannot come to terms with the fact that he's going to pick a school where he does not know who his long term DL coach will be

He doesn't play DL and LSU has a separate edge coach.

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Keep in mind, his trainer was also recently hired by Texas.

This is not true. It was a guy who trained the trainer that Simmons works with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

So they don’t know shit until it’s good news?

I dont think either know. Simmons  has likely given both coaching staffs positive information. Both fan bases are lathered up. Multiple people said CS was savvy about this process, that is the only piece of information that I truly believe. Simmons is in complete control of this recruitment and he has the 9.95ers walking behind him on a leash.

36 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

I was watching the live stream with Gerry, Justin and Bobby. It sounded like they have lost some confidence in CS picking Texas 

I am sure they are tired of answering 50 questions a day about it for the last week. You can only repeat the same talking points so many times on those shows.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I am sure they are tired of answering 50 questions a day about it for the last week. You can only repeat the same talking points so many times on those shows.

Yeah, I’ve listened to a couple and it’s pure  fatigue of the question

Gerry keeps harping on how much CS likes LSU and that CS knows where he is going. He then says the other school has the challenge of changing his mind. So it sounds like LSU to me. Also they don’t really talk about their RPMs, they just say the loser will recruit through the whistle. Just seems to point to LSU.  

• Like 1

There was a poster on the live stream that said CS is picking LSU because of diversity. I think Gerry or somebody else said the CS prefers LSU’s scheme over ours. 

30 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, I’m gonna assume he likes a school he’s visited like 7 times.

That sounds like a positive data point for them then

54 minutes ago, victory88 said:

How many times has a recruit liked Texas and grew up a horns fan but ends up picking another school due to bag money.  Seems like LSU is the school Simmons has always wanted to go to.  It's going to be so sweet when we offer him a NIL package LSU can't match and we win this recruitment.  I cannot come to terms with the fact that he's going to pick a school where he does not know who his long term DL coach will be and I doubt he has a better relationship with Kelly as he's been there a little over a year.  Keep in mind, his trainer was also recently hired by Texas.  Everything here points to Texas.  The LSU tears will be oh so sweet come Thursday.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Texas absolutely is not convinced that he's coming, and they're acting accordingly with what little time there is left. 

I realize my bias, but I simply cannot fathom how Simmons can say no to what Texas is offering, for a school that he likes fine and has lots of players he likes on the team already. Even if he loves Baton Rogue more than Norla loves being shithouse drunk, it's almost impossible for me to justify him picking LSU over Texas. It's not like we're asking him to come live in College Station, he likes Texas.  

Best we can hope for in a situation like this and thanks for all you are doing. 

16 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

There was a poster on the live stream that said CS is picking LSU because of diversity. I think Gerry or somebody else said the CS prefers LSU’s scheme over ours. 

That sounds like a positive data point for them then

Diversity of scheme - He is a fan of Manny Diaz. On a separate note, UT has way more Latinas and Asians than LSU and Austin has way more Blacks, Latinas, Indians, Asians, and Ukranians than Baton Rouge.

On a more serious note:

Students at LSU are mostly White with a smaller Black population. The school has low racial diversity. 27% percent of students are minorities or people of color (BIPOC).

By the numbers: UT's 52,384 undergraduate and graduate students in the fall were 34.6% White, 24.8% Hispanic, 21.1% Asian and 5.3% Black. So, 65% of UT's students are minorities of people of color.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Diversity of scheme - He is a fan of Manny Diaz. On a separate note, UT has way more Latinas and Asians than LSU and Austin has way more Blacks, Latinas, Indians, Asians, and Ukranians than Baton Rouge.

On a more serious note:

Students at LSU are mostly White with a smaller Black population. The school has low racial diversity. 27% percent of students are minorities or people of color (BIPOC).

By the numbers: UT's 52,384 undergraduate and graduate students in the fall were 34.6% White, 24.8% Hispanic, 21.1% Asian and 5.3% Black. So, 65% of UT's students are minorities of people of color.

Maybe the diversity quote is out of context and UT has too much of it?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I guess my morning fog brain cannot quickly put together how telling both bidders that they’ve won before the end of the allotted time would maximize the bidding. 

Committing to the school that can’t up the ante gives him leverage over the school that can up the ante…even if that school already had the high bid.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I guess my morning fog brain cannot quickly put together how telling both bidders that they’ve won before the end of the allotted time would maximize the bidding. 

Think of it more like telling the other sides (word gets out...always does) they are currently not the highest bidder on an ebay item. Both sides are upping their max bid what they can so as to not get scalped.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Texas absolutely is not convinced that he's coming, and they're acting accordingly with what little time there is left. 

I realize my bias, but I simply cannot fathom how Simmons can say no to what Texas is offering, for a school that he likes fine and has lots of players he likes on the team already. Even if he loves Baton Rogue more than Norla loves being shithouse drunk, it's almost impossible for me to justify him picking LSU over Texas. It's not like we're asking him to come live in College Station, he likes Texas.  

If you had a school willing and able to reset the market on your recruitment, it would make sense to keep things in limbo until the last minute to up the bid. 

Definitely sounds like a case of the heart loves lsu, wallet (maybe family) likes Texas. 

Edited by TexasEx
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

LSU mod hedging and lowered his rpm percentage.

image.png.728eb9bafd90d36c2f969f117bfc8252.png

LSU has reasons to feel good based on the prospect. Texas has reasons to feel confident, because "moves" 

The hope for LSU is to not be in a last minute bidding war. They're in one.

Simmons' actions indicate sincere interest in LSU, but he may go to Texas, because "moves". 

Ya know.......this is pretty accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

NYC has more African Americans than Biloxi but Biloxi may feel more African American.

But in reality it makes no sense. The schism is as deep as being close to humping and actually humping. Meaning if you want to meet more black women, you will find a lot more options in NYC than Biloxi. And if you want to hump, humping is far superior than just being close to a woman.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

From Idaho, has a Mormon mission before he actually enrolls.... but still. Idk. Why not choose BYU?

I think he meant "but why in the fuck does texifornia continue to post non-Texas updates about guys who were never legitimate targets for Texas?" and it is the same question the rest of us are always asking. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

LSU has reasons to feel good based on the prospect. Texas has reasons to feel confident, because "moves" 

The hope for LSU is to not be in a last minute bidding war. They're in one.

Simmons' actions indicate sincere interest in LSU, but he may go to Texas, because "moves". 

Ya know.......this is pretty accurate. 

Correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

But in reality it makes no sense. The schism is as deep as being close to humping and actually humping. Meaning if you want to meet more black women, you will find a lot more options in NYC than Biloxi. And if you want to hump, humping is far superior than just being close to a woman.

Just guessing, but I think it's more of a culture thing.  Idk if he actually cares but maybe he wants a university that feels more AA?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

LSU's ability to make him a lot of NLI money depends on how good he looks in a bikini and yoga pants.  That's the core of their NLI success.

NIL (NLI is national letter of intent)

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The good news is that the LSU mod has his ear to the ground.

Roach doing some ghost writing for LSU mods?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Just guessing, but I think it's more of a culture thing.  Idk if he actually cares but maybe he wants a university that feels more AA?  

Yeah, I'm not thinking that there are very many Asians included in LSU's 27% minority population.  Just a wild guess.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls