Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

38 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

image.thumb.png.f72ab18d819d826516b023de153a9a8c.png

Jesus, at least take them to the Saltgrass next door. WTF Gideon?

Once I found out that fertitta owns the Saltgrass, I haven't stepped foot in one. I'm not giving the Houston asshole any money. I'd even go to an Applebee's before a Saltgrass, and I haven't gone to one of those in years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Once I found out that fertitta owns the Saltgrass, I haven't stepped foot in one. I'm not giving the Houston Galveston mafia asshole any money. I'd even go to an Applebee's before a Saltgrass, and I haven't gone to one of those in years.

fify.

and fully agree.

43 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Once I found out that fertitta owns the Saltgrass, I haven't stepped foot in one. I'm not giving the Houston asshole any money. I'd even go to an Applebee's before a Saltgrass, and I haven't gone to one of those in years.

yeah but what about fishtales that serve an awesome cocktail called pain killer??

2 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

I went to a Saltgrass in Arlington around 2000 or so before I even knew who the hell Tilman Fertitta was.  It was just as shitty as Cheddar's, which, like Saltgrass, I will have dined at only once in my entire life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SameSame said:

You do realize they serve steaks there right?  I mean it’s a steakhouse, it’s even in the name.

There's steaks, and then there's the inedible shit places like Saltgrass call Steaks. 

Sort of like some people consider a degree from Texas A&M a college degree. Sure, they call it that, but most folks know better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's steaks, and then there's the inedible shit places like Saltgrass call Steaks. 

Sort of like some people consider a degree from Texas A&M a college degree. Sure, they call it that, but most folks know better.

For some reason I could see @closetojumping being a Saltgrass fan with his affinity for generic chain restaurants. 

41 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I went to a Saltgrass in Arlington around 2000 or so before I even knew who the hell Tilman Fertitta was.  It was just as shitty as Cheddar's, which, like Saltgrass, I will have dined at only once in my entire life.

I object, Counselor.  Cheddar's is even able to mess up a fried Monte Cristo sandwich.  And that shit comes with powdered sugar and jelly.

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh yea sure, you’d rather go to fucking chipotle and get goddamn ebola.  Good life choice there.

There's no way to spin the absolutely shitshow that is aggy. Usually new coaches get a recruiting bump. Elko and his staff are having to poach Old fucking Dominion for players. Holy fuck what a miserable situation they dug for themselves.
Bump doesn't come during the transition period, that may or may not be next cycle.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

You are doing Cheddar's wrong then. The food is horrible, but the drinks are fantastic (and strong). 

47 minutes ago, Noozak said:

Based on his visit history, does anyone involved with our recruiting actually believe Texas has a shot of ending up in the class?

he's been committed to Alabama for like 14 months and change. if he wanted to re-class and enroll at Bama it would have been the easiest thing ever and he could have done it and then dropped straight into bowl practices.

...but he didn't. which is a glimmer of hope that didn't exist before he announced his OV locations.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Saltgrass isn't terrible. You aren't going there to get 5 star food. 

I'll die on this hill. 

If there's one thing we've learned the last few weeks of your non-stop, seemingly meth-fueled posting, it's that there isn't a fucking hill you WON'T die on, so this is zero surprise. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Oh yea sure, you’d rather go to fucking chipotle and get goddamn ebola.  Good life choice there.

Yeah, You're going there to get horrible food for $10, or horrible fucking steaks, for $30. Guess what, I'm not going to get 5 star food at Chipotle either, but I'll walk out of there for under $10, and for about the same quality of food. And lets not pretend your average chain restaurant is clean:
https://media.click2houston.com/document_dev/2017/08/03/Tomball Parkway Saltgrass RRC_1501802938072_10234825_ver1.0.pdf

Plus I won't have given any money to Tillman Fertita. Yeah, motherfucker, Chipotle 10 out of 10 times for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

MILFs or fiesta de chorizo?

The one in Sugar Land and the one in Westpark have very good talent. The Pasadena and Webster locations, not so much.

But the Grande Top Shelf margaritas are very strong and voluminous for around $8. 

Good place for a cheap date back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, You're going there to get horrible food for $10, or horrible fucking steaks, for $30. Guess what, I'm not going to get 5 star food at Chipotle either, but I'll walk out of there for under $10, and for about the same quality of food. And lets not pretend your average chain restaurant is clean:
https://media.click2houston.com/document_dev/2017/08/03/Tomball Parkway Saltgrass RRC_1501802938072_10234825_ver1.0.pdf

Plus I won't have given any money to Tillman Fertita. Yeah, motherfucker, Chipotle 10 out of 10 times for me. 

Nothing in the Houston area is ever clean. Marvin done been telling us that for decades. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1