Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't get the gnashing and moaning over Butler's track times. 11.1 - 11.2 isn't slow and his film shows good game speed, beating angles etc. They can't all be track stars.

He is a track star. Those times were on a beach track.

46 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I have always enjoyed the supernatural status we have with aggy.

What happened?

We got sip’d.

But how?

Well, for starters, them and the Jews control the media and all the banks! Now, their alumni used to head up the Navy SEALs and he has orchestrated a three-prong strike along with the RAND  Corporation. Sip learned this by staging 9/11. Now do you remember Operation Jade Helm? Well…

Texas is like Schrodinger's cat - depending on the situation, it somehow controls and manipulates everything while also being insignificant and weak.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I have always enjoyed the supernatural status we have with aggy.

What happened?

We got sip’d.

But how?

Well, for starters, them and the Jews control the media and all the banks! Now, their alumni used to head up the Navy SEALs and he has orchestrated a three-prong strike along with the RAND  Corporation. Sip learned this by staging 9/11. Now do you remember Operation Jade Helm? Well…

Careful. You’re going to trigger BillFromLakeTravis. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Let me see if I got this right.

So talk to a recruit and badgers him about his status...

Recruit gives him a meh blow-off answer and so 9.95er pulls recruit into a group chat with both reporters and then subscribers

Subscribers think Evans is reconfirming his commit and badger him in group chat

Recruit gets pissed and moves up the commitment date and announces it online

9.95er now wants to ruin his commitment by blasting out it is now going to be Texas to be a salty petty bitch....

Yep, trying to get him to be pissed and say “I’m not going to either one of these schools then”. Any loss for Texas (no matter how pyrrhic for Aggy) is a win for Aggy fans.

247 admitting they don't know shit on Evans and Butler with this non-update

— Four-star defensive lineman Dealyn Evans will make an announcement on Friday, likely of which is a college decision. Horns247 has been checking with sources overnight and there’s cautious optimism surrounding Texas’ chances to complete the flip of the East Texas standout. Nothing is set in stone here, but considering Evans has said the Longhorns are his “dream school,” the need at defensive line, and the coaching transition at Texas A&M currently, this perhaps opens a window of opportunity. Evans will post a time for his announcement on his X account (Twitter).

— Four-star wide receiver Aaron Butler will announce his college decision on Friday as well. It’s down to Texas, Washington, and Arizona. Butler’s father said on social media last night that it’s the Longhorns or the Huskies. However, we’re told Arizona is still in play. Both UW and UA received official visits from Butler. The Longhorns have not hosted the Calabasas (Calif.) product and were likely to get him on campus had he held off and waited to sign in February. Butler wants to enroll early, though. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian said they might not be done at wide receiver and Texas has turned up the heat on the Golden State wideout since he de-committed from Colorado. Without a visit to Austin it’s hard to fully project Butler picking Texas, but not out of the question considering Texas’ brand, program trajectory, and NIL opportunities. Would slightly lean Washington but keep an eye on the Longhorns.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't get the gnashing and moaning over Butler's track times. 11.1 - 11.2 isn't slow and his film shows good game speed, beating angles etc. They can't all be track stars.

Those look almost identical to Garrett Wilson's track times at LT so take it for what it's worth. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

He called us ‘dream school’ and aggy hired a literal bum to coach the D, and then he moved up his announcement timeline(I believe?). At this point it would be a surprise to me if he didn’t commit to Texas. Go get em, Bo.

Thought I read somewhere that the dream school quote was fake, no? Who knows

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think Evans goes aggie. Almost zero chatter from our $9.9ers, A&M is desperate to get a W on the trail (or anywhere else for that matter) right now, he had a previous relationship with the new Dline coach when he was at Florida, and he's been committed to A&M forever. It just doesn't feel right reading the tea leaves.

If Evans is really going to choose aggy, he played it perfectly.  I can't imagine anything that will get an NIL deal done faster with those rubes than a potential high profile flip to the sips.

I have zero actual information on this, but if he stays, I would imagine his offer increased significantly in the last 24 hrs with all the noise about Texas.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If Evans is really going to choose aggy, he played it perfectly.  I can't imagine anything that will get an NIL deal done faster with those rubes than a potential high profile flip to the sips.

I have zero actual information on this, but if he stays, I would imagine his offer increased significantly in the last 24 hrs with all the noise about Texas.

This is where I'm at.  I think he just put them on tilt and I'd guess fleeced them badly.  Again.

• Haha 2

Dropping a “Texas was my dream school” quote out of nowhere on NSD was a masterful negotiating tactic.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3