Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(Recruiting-related because ... such stuff doesn't help recruiting! :-))

Eastern Michigan brought real cinder blocks for some goofy pre-game ritual ... doesn't seem to have helped them on the field. Lulz.

image.thumb.png.5d11e6f4e83a055bdbfbde75656e4d03.png

image.gif.86912191413860a43eec6669ea5522b8.gif

Pimp cane is a solid addition.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I still don’t get how people don’t see the Evans deal as a big troll/joke yet?  A kid that’s that high rated is going to say his dream school was UT but never takes a visit to Texas even and people are like lol aggy when a quote comes out.  Some of y'all were gullible as shit thinking that was real.  His choice doesn’t change the fact that we beat them by two scores atleast next year. 

Edited by Hook1997

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I still don’t get how people don’t see the Evans deal as a big troll/joke yet?  A kid that’s that high rated is going to say his dream school was UT but never takes a visit to Texas even and people are like lol aggy when a quote comes out.  Some of y'all were gullible as shit thinking that was real.  His choice doesn’t change the fact that we beat them by two scores atleast next year. 

spin it however you want.  what happened with evans was the elk showing dominance over sark.  period. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

49 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

image.gif.02a87969977c4b4345cdb5c550f03f60.gif

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Stupid sip. The key to sarks class was Evans.  Elko 1 sark 0 #chessnotcheckers 

• Prepare your anus 1

20 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Is there a concern about how that would impact this recruiting 

20 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

If by “spy” you mean send Hill on myriad blitz looks to mudhole him all night, I agree. 

Attack that 275-pound center with our DTs and send a DE or LB through that gap, collapse the pocket, and pressure Penix until UW shows they can beat it. Then send it off the edge and mix and match when they adjust. 

Not getting it 

20 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

If by “spy” you mean send Hill on myriad blitz looks to mudhole him all night, I agree. 

Attack that 275-pound center with our DTs and send a DE or LB through that gap, collapse the pocket, and pressure Penix until UW shows they can beat it. Then send it off the edge and mix and match when they adjust. 

Now we're getting it 

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You think sark is only beating A&M next year by two scores? Lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, murphysbackup said:

I’m sure Radical Larry understood the concept just fine, he was just (somewhat sarcastically) pointing out this thread is about the 2024 recruiting class, and discussions about defending Penix/Washington can be held elsewhere, such as the Football board. MuellerHorn was being nice and participating in the conversation about the undersized center, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So Texas has four 5-star players and is currently third in the team rankings. If we flip one or both of Bussey or McKinley where will we be ranked?

Either one would get us around 298.  Both would be 304 and in front of Bama at 300. Long shots of course but if the Kelly to Michigan rumors prove true then we'd be in a good spot to get McKinley. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is the culmination of what we were told this summer, that Sark and staff believe they were going to have a very good team and were wagering a lot, recruiting-wise, that they would get a huge return on that strategy if the team turned out to be as good as they thought it would be.  

Sark knows that it Texas hits it out of the park on the field this year it's going to be katy bar the door re: recruits wanting to commit. 

Sark gambled and came up big. If Texas wins it all ... holy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I'll be pretty gruntled if we get Foster and call it a day. I wish he had been more "encouraged" to sign this week. Dubose is the only questionable take. 

I think they're recruiting Bussey at star. Probably his best fit on defense. He's a little short for corner, and he's not as good Filsaime and Rubell at safety. I probably wouldn't pay what aggy is willing to shell out to keep him. 

McKinley has ran out of welcomes in my book especially with a high upside replacement like Foster in place, but you have to trust Big 12 Champion/CFP coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest reason for the success this season and moving forward is Bo Davis and Kyle Flood. Texas has two of the top LOS coaches in college football and it shows.

Bo was right. Some of you ************* needed to get in the ******* transfer portal. This <unintelligible> isn’t a game.

Tone setter. 🫡 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest reason for the success this season and moving forward is Bo Davis and Kyle Flood. Texas has two of the top LOS coaches in college football and it shows.

Yes. But Sark also deserves props for prioritizing the lines from the first full recruiting class. 

• Hook 'Em 9

I'm going with signing bigger classes without bread. We churn through the roster much faster these days, get rid of the dead weight, and have complete classes with real competition at each position. Roster management has been better than any other time since scholarship limits.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 12/23/2023 at 10:48 PM, Hook1997 said:

Jfc, who fucking cares?   He's a pos in the lockeroom.  We have Johntay Cook, Wingo, a second year Niblett.   Fuck him, fuck aggy send offs, and fuck you all 

Just now, murphysbackup said:

Jfc, who fucking cares?   He's a pos in the lockeroom.  We have Johntay Cook, Wingo, a second year Niblett.   Fuck him, fuck aggy send offs, and fuck you all 

Btw, Merry Christmas 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, murphysbackup said:

Evans is a defensive lineman and he had zero chance of beating out Cook, Wingo, and Niblett if he had come to Texas.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7