Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Dude you specifically only cited the last four games, which are probably the easiest part of the schedule. It was a weird choice.

The other poster brought up our closing stretch of games.   i replied with a screen shot of those games.  I didnt bring up the schedule, specifically, only that in general it would be tougher in the SEC, thus the need to add DT transfer depth.

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

The other poster brought up our closing stretch of games.   i replied with a screen shot of those games.  I didnt bring up the schedule, specifically, only that in general it would be tougher in the SEC, thus the need to add DT transfer depth.

In your defense, the SEC championship game will likely be tougher than the Big 12 championship game last year. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, the play was fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not because of the bottom half of the SEC though. Maybe because of Michigan (spoiler: not SEC) and Georgia. 

I think Michigan will be a shell of what we saw this year. 22 graduating seniors or draft entries, possibly without Harbaugh, no McCarthy, No Corrum, Defensive unit gutted, OL gutted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

"I didn't actually look at or examine the thing I was making definitive statements about"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Thanks Huckleberry. I get so tired of the strange myths surrounding the SEC being amazing from top to bottom. They aren't and they never have been. Their top 2 or 3 teams in any good year is better than the Big 12. From there down, there is almost no difference and honestly, take away the top 2 teams from the SEC most year and the Big 12 is a stronger conference.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

The SEC is/has been a better league than the B12 top to bottom since existence.  To think otherwise is naive.  We're positioned to do well but any casual fan knows there is more NFL talent on opposing team's roster than anything we've faced in some time.  Not sure how you don't know that.  Im not saying we'll struggle, but the degree of difficulty will be greater.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525hbx5pllzh6k5uj6z

You: The SEC is super strong and tough, it’s a gauntlet, NFL dudes everywhere.

Jefferson in the SEC:

IMG_0583.thumb.jpeg.a9b36a99f013c2b8434025350c5bb2c8.jpeg

Also you: Taylen Green is WAY better than KJ Jefferson.

Green in the WAC:

IMG_0582.thumb.jpeg.138cdb29adecdbfe5d345213e9105ed2.jpeg

Please try to use your brain a bit more before making declarative statements that are entirely ignorant of the facts.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

The SEC is/has been a better league than the B12 top to bottom since existence.  To think otherwise is naive.  We're positioned to do well but any casual fan knows there is more NFL talent on opposing team's roster than anything we've faced in some time.  Not sure how you don't know that.  Im not saying we'll struggle, but the degree of difficulty will be greater.

This is bullshit. The SEC has better top end teams than the Big 12, but the mid teams are on the same level as the mid teams in the Big 12. The 2024 November is no different than the 2023 November we just completed in the Big 12.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Vanderbilt, Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas A&M next year is at this point objectively pretty much the same as BYU, Kansas State, TCU, Iowa State, Texas Tech was this year.

The best part is when you take a step back and realize that last year alone, BYU beat Arkansas in Fayetteville and A&M lost to Oklahoma State.

I guess we should be happy that our November matchup against Kentucky will be hyped up more than our November matchup against Iowa State even though if those two teams played on a neutral field tomorrow the spread would be like 3 points.

• Hook 'Em 4

Loop Trump GIF

Well not in the 2020's

image.png.bfb0c17c72352f508c58e60457e39bd7.png

https://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/big12/sec.shtml#conf

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I tried to hang in there waiting for you to make a salient point to support your argument but when you made the asinine comment that the SEC has been better top to bottom since the beginning, that showed you don’t know what you’re talking about.

There have been many years when the SEC was just a top heavy league with a bunch of hanger-ons. You’re a gullible soundbite victim and you’re getting depantsed by Huck and need to stop.

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

The SEC is/has been a better league than the B12 top to bottom since existence.  To think otherwise is naive.  

No.

The SEC has more total NFL Talent, and better and more talented teams, but they also have their share of bad teams, bad players and bad coaches. Auburn had 3 games in a row where they passed for less than 100 yards, A&M had games where the QB was pressured half the time, and Arkansas & Vanderbilt had 1 conference win between them. Couple that with an 8 game schedule that includes teams playing each other once every 12 years, and the results are skewed towards the SEC. 

In 2008, the B12 had 8 QB that played in the NFL, including all 6 from the B12 South (Colt, Bradford, Harrell, Griffin, Tannehill & Weeden).  The B12 was the better league, they just didn't win the last game. 

In 2022, Kelvin Banks went against 3 NFL 1st Round DE from the B12 (Tyree Wilson @ Tech, Will McDonald @ ISU, & Felix Anudike-Uzomah @KSU).  There were 5 total (Iowa & Clemson), none from the SEC. 

SEC better, yes, top to bottom since forever, no way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Top to bottom SEC is the most talented conference…the nfl draft confirms this. Current roster talent according to on3 and 247 show this.  Has it always been better than Big 12 no. Are some teams shit, yes as in all conferences. But we will be playing much more talent than we did in big 12 and it’s not even debatable 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PTINS said:

In 2022, Kelvin Banks went against 3 NFL 1st Round DE from the B12 (Tyree Wilson @ Tech, Will McDonald @ ISU, & Felix Anudike-Uzomah @KSU).  There were 5 total (Iowa & Clemson), none from the SEC. 

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but Will Anderson was from the SEC

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Top to bottom SEC is the most talented conference…the nfl draft confirms this. Current roster talent according to on3 and 247 show this.  Has it always been better than Big 12 no. Are some teams shit, yes as in all conferences. But we will be playing much more talent than we did in big 12 and it’s not even debatable 

That NFL talent is not getting drafted in droves from Vandy. The league is top heavy. Huck has shown the stats. That's like saying teams in towns starting with T & A are great top to bottom and citing UGA, UT, and Bama as evidence. The top is not the same as top to bottom.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We will also be playing worse offensive coaching across the board and worse QBs.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Now down to just three IDL takes in the last two classes.

Definitely need atleast one from the portal this year and one or two next year unless they sign more recruits soon.  Could be a big issue the next couple years if not.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Now down to just three IDL takes in the last two classes.

Good luck to him, I'm sure there will be sour grape but I understand why he'd change his mind.

Onto the portal and/or a late bloomer in the Feb cycle. Well, that and a position coach.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

That NFL talent is not getting drafted in droves from Vandy. The league is top heavy. Huck has shown the stats. That's like saying teams in towns starting with T & A are great top to bottom and citing UGA, UT, and Bama as evidence. The top is not the same as top to bottom.

Since 2013 Vandy has had more players drafted than Kansas. 

5 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

No way Ark isnt better, KJ is gone and replaced with a Freshman AA transfer QB, he's good.  No way FL worse...they have a murderers row schedule so they will come in limping, still better than WV, TCU or Bayor...who would you rather play, TCU/WV/KU or FL?  Give me one of the hateful 8.   At TAMU will be tough.  Kentucky is a veteran team, great OL.  We'll see. 

We will fuck all their regarded shit up.  It's not murders row dude, it's layup city.  

52 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Good luck to him, I'm sure there will be sour grape but I understand why he'd change his mind.

Onto the portal and/or a late bloomer in the Feb cycle. Well, that and a position coach.

I'm gonna try not to be the "sour grape," but if he goes to LSU, I hope we fuck his shit up.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Since 2013 Vandy has had more players drafted than Kansas. 

We don’t play against 2013 players anymore. I didn’t look farther back, but Vandy is 0 for the last two drafts. The SEC overall is very talented, but the players are not distributed evenly. I don’t think your claim that the SEC has more NFL talent than the 12 will get much opposition. I think the argument lies more in the teams not at the top and the other guys on the rosters. Huck has given data that remain undisputed and unanswered.

43 minutes ago, AugieBall said:

He is worried about coaching continuity and leaning toward Florida?  Wow.  That's a choice.  

His family loves Florida and wanted him there all along. I wish him well, but he's getting his ass kicked in November.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Our Transfer Portal Team ranking is now #8, which is quite a feat.  We have the highest per recruit rating by quite a bit and should pick up another 2-3 recruits between DT's and another TE.

16 minutes ago, mop said:

Our Transfer Portal Team ranking is now #8, which is quite a feat.  We have the highest per recruit rating by quite a bit and should pick up another 2-3 recruits between DT's and another TE.

Thanks for bringing this up in the class of '24 thread. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Will be ironic if he decommitted from Texas over an unsettled situation at a position coach level  to sign with Florida and jump into an unsettled HC situation. 

It’s as if the hometown team gets a little more leeway with such matters. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s as if the hometown team gets a little more leeway with such matters. 

yes, basically he wanted to stay home and Bo was the excuse. If that is the case, this probably was not going to work out. 

Edited by Codaxx

4 hours ago, MisterP said:

Thanks for bringing this up in the class of '24 thread. 

ha...ok, but this is basically the class of '24 in that they will be joining our team at the same time as the freshmen.,

• Hook 'Em 2