Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s not even about being upstaged.

Trump would NEVER elevate a woman to that level. EVER.

And if he did, it wouldn't be one with 1/100th of an inch between her eyes. It'd have to be a Beauty Pageant Wonder Woman Space Empress, who looks at him adoringly.

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

He fucked around. Now he’s about to find out 

Honestly, this is going to bite him a bit, because you know she instantly went screaming to Trump about it.

McCarthy worked quickly to knock Liz down a few pegs, but he's going to have a harder time with MTG, since she's already at rock bottom in the House.

In the unlikely event the Republicans take the House in ‘22, Trump will throw McCarthy under the bus for temporarily blaming him for the terrorist attack on the Capitol. Trump will support Annie Oakley for Speaker and McCarthy will be left to grovel in disgrace.

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

In the unlikely event the Republicans take the House in ‘22, Trump will throw McCarthy under the bus for temporarily blaming him for the terrorist attack on the Capitol. Trump will support Annie Oakley for Speaker and McCarthy will be left to grovel in disgrace.

And we all would lose.  At that point, McCarthy would be the least of my concerns as a daily barrage of holes open in the hull of the ship that is the country as DOTARD and his merry bunch of fuckwits steer it right back into his wall.  Sink or crash but either way, there's going to be damage.  

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

Good point. He would never allow a running mate to out-crazy and therefore potentially draw more attention than him. He wants his sidekicks to be relatively quiet and docile like Melania and Pence.

He needed an evangelical beard in 2016 to give him some credibility with the Christian right. That’s why he picked Pence. In theory he’s beyond that since the evangelicals have rationalized all his past actions so now he will pick someone to bridge the next gap in his numbers.  A woman makes sense, but I doubt it’s MTG. Stefanik is the safe bet, dark horse would be Nancy Mace from SC. 

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

In the unlikely event the Republicans take the House in ‘22

What makes you think this is unlikely?  Between my lack of faith in the American electorate and the increasing Republican efforts to suppress voter turnout, I'm not ready to say that it's unlikely the Republicans take the House in '22. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What makes you think this is unlikely?  Between my lack of faith in the American electorate and the increasing Republican efforts to suppress voter turnout, I'm not ready to say that it's unlikely the Republicans take the House in '22. 

Yeah, considering all that you said and historical trends and the redistricting happening, I'm just assuming it's going to be a R house. 

People have been able to compare and contrast what it’s like having a competent and decent man leading the country to that of living under a evil incompetent narcissist. Moreover, the response of those whose vote have been targeted by Republicans will be determined outrage which eclipse their 2008 and 2020 turnout at the polls.

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

People have been able to compare and contrast what it’s like having a competent and decent man leading the country to that of living under a evil incompetent narcissist. Moreover, the response of those whose vote have been targeted by Republicans will be determined outrage which eclipse their 2008 and 2020 turnout at the polls.

They still get to reset their gerrymanders in a lot of states. It'll be more of an uphill battle for Dems now than it was in 2008 or 2020.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

They still get to reset their gerrymanders in a lot of states. It'll be more of an uphill battle for Dems now than it was in 2008 or 2020.

Democrats still outvote Republicans by the millions, even during off year elections. We’ll just have to do a better job of targeting those vote while increasing the turnout. We’re beginning to understand that no victory stays won. Vigilance is the key.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Bless your heart.

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Democrats still outvote Republicans by the millions, even during off year elections. We’ll just have to do a better job of targeting those vote while increasing the turnout. We’re beginning to understand that no victory stays won. Vigilance is the key.

It's important to be vigilant and it's important to have hope. However, the groundwork that the GQP is laying right now at the official level through elections offices is going to be very very difficult. Once one has an election official who is partisan, it becomes very difficult to overcome. The blue wave that occurs after election night will no longer be possible due to mail in balloting being reduced in targeted states. The in person voting has become restricted. Things are going to get sticky.

Getting people prepared to vote by checking and rechecking months out, when they aren't even thinking about it will be key.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

I like your positive outlook and agree that staying vigilant is absolutely key in this situation. We have enough toxicity around here so reading your message is nice. I am also going to think that turnout is going to be abnormally high in 2022 because you have people like Stacey Abrams out there pounding the pavement making sure people stay engaged and vote in every election. The Death Cult can attempt to suppress the vote, but it will not work this time. 

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Here's the fun part: If he runs again, it'll be a repeat of 2020 (maybe even worse), and given how much parts of the country have been shifting purple/blue, McCarthy and The Turtle cannot afford Trump dragging down Republicans down-ballot again.  Trump cost them the House, the Senate, and the WH in just two years.

I love it.  Republicans couldn't win with Trump on the ballot in 2020, but they damn sure can't afford to piss off his supporters.

More for the GQP thread, but if Trump and his sons/proxies don't do a good job with primarying the Republicans who aren't Trumpy enough next year, that may open the door to the non-Trumpers in the GOP to act.

Running a guy who got a 14 year-old girl pregnant against Liz ain't going to do it.

Edited by atomheartbevo

28 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I am also going to think that turnout is going to be abnormally high in 2022 because you have people like Stacey Abrams out there pounding the pavement making sure people stay engaged and vote in every election. The Death Cult can attempt to suppress the vote, but it will not work this time. 

More importantly, a lot of younger folks who hadn't voted in the past actually feel like their vote counts for something, with everything that they were a part of in 2018 and 2020.  Trumpers can fuck around with voter suppression, but they are liable to make it harder for the olds, while the younger people will figure this shit out and/or blast it all over social media.

Helps that a bunch of influencers make sure everybody knows they voted, which in turn causes a bunch of their followers to vote so they can post their selfies with their stickers, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

But EIGHTY FOUR percent of Repubs love him and want him to be POTUS. He will easily be the nominee.

And, as we’ve seen, the GQP isn’t going to let a pesky think like “didn’t get as many votes as his opponent” keep them from declaring him the winner of their state’s electoral votes. If they even let their political rivals vote in the first place. The GQP is not playing the “get the most votes” game. They’re playing the “declare yourself the winner and you’re the winner” game.
  • Like 1

Again, the Democratic base and the Biden Republicans will take the fight to the anti Democratic forces and drag squishy Democratic politicians along with them in the process. A lot of people underestimate just how dug in the anti Trump forces are about keeping him and his kind out of office.

18 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

He needed an evangelical beard in 2016 to give him some credibility with the Christian right. That’s why he picked Pence. In theory he’s beyond that since the evangelicals have rationalized all his past actions so now he will pick someone to bridge the next gap in his numbers.  A woman makes sense, but I doubt it’s MTG. Stefanik is the safe bet, dark horse would be Nancy Mace from SC. 

image.thumb.png.be000436af2de09025a09c625d4acdce.png

Guest Lobo
5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think that’s a thing. 

Of the ~$150k we bundled for Biden here in Texas, about $125k of it came from serious Republicans.  

Also...in that Ivanka/Trump photo, the woman's 80's skirt is in the way...but is she just sitting on his knee or is she like full seating on his crotch area?  

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Of the ~$150k we bundled for Biden here in Texas, about $125k of it came from serious Republicans.  

Also...in that Ivanka/Trump photo, the woman's 80's skirt is in the way...but is she just sitting on his knee or is she like full seating on his crotch area?  

IDK, but the couple at the end (blond w/ dude in red bb cap) look like they're talking about them and laughing.

"Uh, isn't that his daughter grinding on Donny's lap?"

"Holy shit, you're right!  So that's how it is in their family."

Guest Lobo

That's not a couple.  The dude in the red bb cap is Don, Jr.  I think the woman might be Marla Maples, not sure on that though.  

The look on the face of the guy on the far right in the yellow jacket says it all.  And he looked then like how Liam Neeson will look in 20 years.  

And we know what Liam Neeson does to men who take advantage of young girls.  

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I like your positive outlook and agree that staying vigilant is absolutely key in this situation. We have enough toxicity around here so reading your message is nice. I am also going to think that turnout is going to be abnormally high in 2022 because you have people like Stacey Abrams out there pounding the pavement making sure people stay engaged and vote in every election. The Death Cult can attempt to suppress the vote, but it will not work this time. 

All I can testify to is that I am more involved politically than I ever thought I would be a decade ago.  I was of the school that both sides were equally crooked and self serving and my vote didn't matter.  I think it was the Bernie campaign against Hillary, followed by Beto that changed my mind.  All the sudden it seemed like my vote might actually count.  

Trump and Co came along and clearly illuminated the chasm between grifters and run of the mill pols.  They killed off the both sides are equally bad for us argument and shone the light on the more despicable pols who only play the obstruction game to maintain a system weighted for them and the monied ppl they serve.

If it stirred me to get involved, it definitely has and continues to stir others.  Many others.  And like Satchel and UpperWestside, I know there's going to be a strong movement to get people ready for and to the polls for the next couple of elections.  

All this voter suppression and scorched earth crap they are running is going to bite them in the ass and bring out a lot of votes against them in the future.

The question is if they have  instilled enough hatred in enough of their base to revolt when the popular vote doesn't count out the way they want?   Will that base be strong enough to support their "fuck the common ppl vote, we'll put in who we want" program that Brisket identified?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's not a couple.  The dude in the red bb cap is Don, Jr.  I think the woman might be Marla Maples, not sure on that though.  

The look on the face of the guy on the far right in the yellow jacket says it all.  And he looked then like how Liam Neeson will look in 20 years.  

And we know what Liam Neeson does to men who take advantage of young girls.  

Ha.  Tells you how much attention I paid to this orange piece of shit before he decided to fuck up America.  

That does look like Marla Maples.  Did jr. have a chin removal procedure?

Guest Lobo

For all my available rep points, here is today's trivia question:

The word 'Jacket' is said out lout in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' three times.  Spicoli to the newsman is one.  What are the other two?  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For all my available rep points, here is today's trivia question:

The word 'Jacket' is said out lout in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' three times.  Spicoli to the newsman is one.  What are the other two?  

JJL to the stereo salesman and Damone to Jefferson the football player?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think that’s a thing. 

I know multiple relatives who are longtime Republicans and who publicly said they voted for Biden (and their voting record checks out).   They risked getting chewed out by the Trumper relatives and friends (and some did get chewed out).

Guest Lobo
54 minutes ago, Antidean said:

JJL to the stereo salesman and Damone to Jefferson the football player?

Shit, does Damone say that to Jefferson?  They only interact 2 or 3 times and there's no mention of a jacket that I recall.  If so, that makes four and you win extra parting gifts.