Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

6 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I met a guy who went to high school with Brady Quinn. I think it's around the Dublin Ohio area. He said Brady was already banging a lot of the players moms when he was in high school

Makes sense Stifflers mom cant resist this

a63892540e5393167ca45e9d676d650f--chiefs

My understanding of the reason for giving a kid a hyphenated last name is because the progressive couple wanted to give honor to both the father’s and the mother’s heritage.  Now that we’re two or three generations deep in the hyphenated name thing, those chickens must be coming home to roost.  

When a person with an hyphenated last name marries another person with a hyphenated last name, do they just hyphenate all four names? Wouldn’t dropping one of them do dishonor to whoever’s name got dropped?  Do they just continue hyphenating into infinity?  Where does the madness end?

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1

My understanding of the reason for giving a kid a hyphenated last name is because the progressive couple wanted to give honor to both the father’s and the mother’s heritage.  Now that we’re two or three generations deep in the hyphenated name thing, those chickens must be coming home to roost.  

When a person with an hyphenated last name marries another person with a hyphenated last name, do they just hyphenate all four names? Wouldn’t dropping one of them do dishonor to whoever’s name got dropped?  Do they just continue hyphenating into infinity?  Where does the madness end?

Oooh, good one.
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, nnm said:

I think it’s like a law firm- you just keep adding names. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Don't know if it's just a bad case of apathy settling in or just getting older but finding myself having less interest in sports these days.  I'll have a game on but much like any tv show it becomes background noise. 

I'm definitely more invested when my teams are better. Being an Astros fan has been pretty fun the past few years. Being a Broncos fan was hella fun, and then fell off a cliff. Being a Longhorns fan has sucked balls.

I'm obviously more devoted to UT than the other two, but over the past decade I've missed more Texas football games than I've caught. Can't really bear the beatings as much.

On 10/18/2023 at 5:36 AM, closetohumping said:

I met a guy who went to high school with Brady Quinn. I think it's around the Dublin Ohio area. He said Brady was already banging a lot of the players moms when he was in high school

My old boss (older than me), had an old boss (older than him), that was at U of Kansas, in the same class as Wilt, and lived across from him in the dorm.

When Wilt bragged about bedding 10,000 women, the guy said based on what he'd seen in the dorm, the number seemed low to him.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

My old boss (older than me), had an old boss (older than him), that was at U of Kansas, in the same class as Wilt, and lived across from him in the dorm.

When Wilt bragged about bedding 10,000 women, the guy said based on what he'd seen in the dorm, the number seemed low to him.

Wouldn’t shock me.  If you’re a talented athlete you don’t even have to try

14 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Sometimes people dont have their headlights on (or only their parking lights) and i flash them as a friendly reminder, but they think im trying to harass them or something

Well, showing your genitals to a stranger is usually considered rude.  

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

If you ever find yourself at the point where you're eating your corn tortilla chips with a spoon, how many bites do you take like this before you question the life choices that led you to this point?

But then you look down and eat a fourth and fifth bite, anyway.

KC and The Sunshine Band is the result of some sadistic idiots getting together and asking "How can we make the worst, most banal music?  I mean, disco is bad, but maybe we can make it worse?"

I graduated HS at the absolute apex of Disco, wasn’t a big fan but I listened to it because it was what they played on our one local radio station. There was a ton of really bad pop music in the 70’s, but listening back KC and the guys weren’t that bad, they were fun and had upbeat stuff. They weren’t the Beatles, but they definitely were better than The Captain and Tennille
  • Hook 'Em 1

Id never looked into it, but I accidentally clicked a link to YouTube Premium and the motherfucker is $19 a month?

Netflix is $7, I pay $3 for google storage, $20 is like Apple One subscription with music and tv and news and everything else….and youtube premium alone is $19. Fuckouttahere

• Like 1

I graduated HS at the absolute apex of Disco, wasn’t a big fan but I listened to it because it was what they played on our one local radio station. There was a ton of really bad pop music in the 70’s, but listening back KC and the guys weren’t that bad, they were fun and had upbeat stuff. They weren’t the Beatles, but they definitely were better than The Captain and Tennille

The thing about disco is as bad as it could be much of it has a serious groove being laid down. That’s not nothing.
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, nnm said:

Did you not have to take linear algebra?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_(mathematics)

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Id never looked into it, but I accidentally clicked a link to YouTube Premium and the motherfucker is $19 a month?

Netflix is $7, I pay $3 for google storage, $20 is like Apple One subscription with music and tv and news and everything else….and youtube premium alone is $19. Fuckouttahere

I pay $23/mo for the family plan. Not just to skip ads, but for YouTube Music, which is the kids' main music streaming service, and one of only two that allow you to upload your own songs.

Edited by Rimbo

in the last 7 days I have received deliberate phishing attempts on work email from amazoon.com and rny(employer).com.

We have a legit site that is my(employer).com.  I just started laughing.  We should get something for going 0-fer on clicking on that horseshit.

Yes, I know, continued employment is the perk, but come the fuck on.

Edited by slorch

Bored and looking at the heisman website of the top 10 votes over the last 30 years and playing the game of where they played college ball. Fun game, you should try it.

I did not realize that in 2021 Alabama had the Heisman winner, the number 3 vote getter, and number 5. Devonta won, Mac jones 3, and Najee harris 5.

3 players who are the qb,wr,and rb were all top 5 in heisman voting. Holy shit.

On 10/23/2023 at 4:19 PM, 52-80 said:

I know a few people who use YT as their main source of television programming, as opposed to full boat cable.  They get every fucking college football game I get at my house.  I've been considering switching for a minute.

48 minutes ago, slorch said:

I know a few people who use YT as their main source of television programming, as opposed to full boat cable.  They get every fucking college football game I get at my house.  I've been considering switching for a minute.

thats youtube tv and thats another $53 on top

• Like 1