Kim Mulkey to LSU

BurntOrange&White

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So her tantrum made this a bigger story than it ever would have been otherwise?

Yep. It wasn’t an expose on anything “bad,” it was more akin to a biography and look into her personality. Why she is as awful as she is. Gay hating, weight shaming, commenting on player appearances have been staples of women’s collegiate sports for decades. Not just basketball 

I did not know she called out specific players negatively in her autobiography. She’s a cunt 

What a shame her ex husband didn’t take up her offer to quit coaching to save their marriage. Would have saved us all 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wow. Whole lot of nothing. I wonder how much the libel lawyer retainer was.

She’s certainly not likable, but nothing out of the ordinary for coaches at the level. I am willing to admit a little sexism in that I think some of things I don’t like about her I would likely find less irritating in men. I’m surprised the article didn’t address that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So her tantrum made this a bigger story than it ever would have been otherwise?

Master class in terrible PR.

"I'm gonna sue the shit out of them!!"

Everyone: (yawn) "out of who?"

"The awful Washington Post because of that article by that horrible reporter coming out next week about me and it's all lies so don't believe it!!1!1!"

Everyone: "we didn't even really know about it."

"Well it's all made up because he's been trying to reach me for two years and they did a hit piece before and don't read THAT either and ..."

I mean holy shit, not only did she sell more of this article and get more clicks and ad revenue for them but she did the other article too.

This journalist should give her 10% of his Christmas bonus and hire her as his publicist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, harpercollins said:

I am willing to admit a little sexism in that I think some of things I don’t like about her I would likely find less irritating in men. 

I've considered that myself, and I'm probably a little more willing to let men be assholes, but the fact remains she sets a really high bar for anyone in terms of utterly crass behavior.  She's just extremely unlikeable, gender notwithstanding.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Thanks for posting, just read the whole thing. I’m not even sure I could call it a hit piece. It’s more of a warts and all portrait of a completely uncompromising coach driven to win at the highest level and personal relationships be damned. She’s frozen out her own father for 40+ years over his infidelity, and more recently her sister, apparently.

Mulkey sounds like the type who is extremely diffficult/unpleasant to be around, but she’s probably great for the women’s game. Apathy is their biggest enemy and heels get eyeballs. 

58 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Master class in terrible PR.

"I'm gonna sue the shit out of them!!"

Everyone: (yawn) "out of who?"

"The awful Washington Post because of that article by that horrible reporter coming out next week about me and it's all lies so don't believe it!!1!1!"

Everyone: "we didn't even really know about it."

"Well it's all made up because he's been trying to reach me for two years and they did a hit piece before and don't read THAT either and ..."

I mean holy shit, not only did she sell more of this article and get more clicks and ad revenue for them but she did the other article too.

This journalist should give her 10% of his Christmas bonus and hire her as his publicist.

Counterpoint: she preconditioned average Joe's response to be, "That's it? She's just another terrible human being in the highest levels of coaching? Wake me up when she covers up a murder. Maybe this was a politically motivated hit job. Derp, derp."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Keef said:

Forget suing them for libel, she should send the WaPo a thank you card.  That's far nicer than I ever imagined.

Her reaction to it prior to publishing makes her look even worse.  She's just ego and a horrible personal style; she thrives on feuds and conflict.  In other words, a nut job with a $3.2 MM/year salary.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Counterpoint: she preconditioned average Joe's response to be, "That's it? She's just another terrible human being in the highest levels of coaching? Wake me up when she covers up a murder. Maybe this was a politically motivated hit job. Derp, derp."

Nah, more like "what the fuck was this cantankerous cunt wailing about?".  Average Joe's don't understand the inside baseball of women's basketball.  That's why her pre-reaction was so wildly extreme.

3 hours ago, harpercollins said:

Wow. Whole lot of nothing. I wonder how much the libel lawyer retainer was.

She’s certainly not likable, but nothing out of the ordinary for coaches at the level. I am willing to admit a little sexism in that I think some of things I don’t like about her I would likely find less irritating in men. I’m surprised the article didn’t address that.

Fuck Baylor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harpercollins said:

I am willing to admit a little sexism in that I think some of things I don’t like about her I would likely find less irritating in men.

47 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Only Kim could make cleavage unattractive.

Speak for yourselves.

Would. With a vengeance.

• Haha 2