Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Speaking of product, outside of Surly what is yalls favorite longhorn/cfb podcast? I listen to SZD and EGAT and Longhorn Blitz

Why would you listen to those when you could just listen to the surly horns podcast multiple times

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"He might be in a Galveston bed and breakfast, wife looking on as a fragile divorcée moans and all you see is a man bun, bobbing up and down."

I live on the west end of the island. Not only is it packed to the gills this weekend, but if you have not made reservations months in advance your out of luck.

Dude, you live there? Congrats! I ended up not finding an AirBNB so I’m currently sleeping in my car with wife and kids. Next time, I really need to plan better. Womp womp. 

2 hours ago, Sal said:

@closetojumping probably picked up some Bud Light Seltzer at Seven Seas

The WestEnders Tour Dates & Tickets 2021 | Ents24

Been making painkillers and serving gummies for the ladies since stepping off the golf course. It’s been a good day. 

Also, Whiteboy Awesome Friday delivered. Time for a title change, sadly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Don’t Banks On It
2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, you live there? Congrats! I ended up not finding an AirBNB so I’m currently sleeping in my car with wife and kids. Next time, I really need to plan better. Womp womp. 

Been making painkillers and serving gummies for the ladies since stepping off the golf course. It’s been a good day. 

Vegas has the odds of a threesome dropping dramatically.

No idea on the over/under for title changes this weekend.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

A painkiller was the real grated nutmeg on top may be the best vacation drink in existence. Bravo.

I just skimmed the IT thread about Banks not having made his decision yet. This despite the fact that he moved his commitment date up. I don’t think Nahlin is just making shit up so the fact that this is so fucking unbelievable tells me his information is not good on this one. And now the Bloody Mary’s start because it’s close enough to 7. 

11 hours ago, Don Hornleone said:

Obvious? Why obvious? They are Interior OL. Oregon just got a commit from a likely OT. Aggy already has 2 projected OT’s as well.

This isn’t my first rodeo. Been following this stuff since AAS 360’days. 

Let me spell it out….this is 100% about posturing, marketing and timing 

5 star pushes up commit date and tells us he’s not coming. We immediately go to plans 1A and B. We tell our guys to go ahead and pull the trigger so we have momentum in front of a let down. We’re positioned to not look as bad when we lose a head to head as we have two other guys at that position or group in the fold. This is as clear as San Antonio what transpired. 

This is not unique to Texas, this stuff goes on at every school. 

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

5 star pushes up commit date and tells us he’s not coming. We immediately go to plans 1A and B. We tell our guys to go ahead and pull the trigger so we have momentum in front of a let down. We’re positioned to not look as bad when we lose a head to head as we have two other guys at that position or group in the fold. This is as clear as San Antonio what transpired. 

Hutson and Robertson announced their commitment dates before Banks moved his date up.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

It’s clear your years of following this stuff has really benefited you, because other than the fact you’re completely wrong and have no clue what you’re talking about, this is very good analysis.

There’s a good chance Banks doesn’t end up here, but it has nothing to do with Hutson and Robertson’s commitments, which had been scheduled for a while already. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 4

77f703d0932de782e3bdd2b6772e285f.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

So he just visited aggy.  And now decides he will move up his commitment date.  Aggy mods have basically said he committed to Jimbo on the trip. 

The 9.95ers have had egg on their face all cycle.  At this point, I don’t have hopes of landing Anderson or Campbell.  Both those recruitments feel off to me

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

So he just visited aggy.  And now decides he will move up his commitment date.  Aggy mods have basically said he committed to Jimbo on the trip. 

The 9.95ers have had egg on their face all cycle.  At this point, I don’t have hopes of landing Anderson or Campbell.  Both those recruitments feel off to me

youcan-go-right-ahead-and-shut-your-dirty-whore-mouth-5487183.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Have you heard something or just freaking out like the rest of us? 

I, like everyone else trusting the opinions of people who are trusting the opinions of UT coaches, don’t know a motherfucking thing. It does appear that ATM’s not just going with their usual blind, idiotic optimism though. 

Unless I missed something, WBAF was already scheduled before Banks moved up his commitment date.

I kind of wonder if the NIL stuff has made kids and their handlers more cautious in tipping their hand on their recruitments. Seems to me that you would want as many schools thinking they have a real shot at landing you as possible in order to attract the most NIL opportunities as possible. 

Probably overthinking it. 

22 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I kind of wonder if the NIL stuff has made kids and their handlers more cautious in tipping their hand on their recruitments. Seems to me that you would want as many schools thinking they have a real shot at landing you as possible in order to attract the most NIL opportunities as possible. 

Probably overthinking it. 

My understanding is you can't do NIL until enrolled.

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

My understanding is you can't do NIL until enrolled.

I think his premise is a recruit with a following (think Stewart) gets followers from many fan bases as a free agent, builds up his numbers, then when he is able to take advantage of the NIL, can monetize the larger number of followers (many may be too lazy to unfollow once he’s chosen a different school). At least I think that’s part of what Barbacoa is saying. I don’t think it’s a theory without merit, you see many recruits asking for the different fan bases to weigh in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting