Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm not going to moderate this shit because it's not against the rules, but there should be an aspect of self-policing now that players are going to be directly associated with the site. 

Use your brain. 

Yeah ur definitely number 4

• Haha 1

Jamarion Miller blurb from IT last night:

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022:

It feels like yesterday when I watched Miller's first varsity practice three years ago. The only difference is he's more vocal and a lot bigger.

At 5-foot-10, 205 pounds, the On3 four-star running back and Texas pledge began his senior year this evening with the Legacy Red Raiders.

"My main goal is to bring more energy to the field, get better at getting my teammates ready," said Miller. "To get us ready for the season, I want to make sure we're working hard everyday."

His leadership is growing, and being a team-first guy is part of the talented tailback's makeup.

"I'm playing out wide (receiver) a little and playing cornerback when they need me," said Miller. "Whatever it takes for my team. We have to make it further in the playoffs than last year (second round). I'm thinking fourth or fifth round, or maybe Arlington (state championship)."

As for recruiting, Miller says he's 100% committed to UT, and even if he takes a few fall visits, he has no intention of de-committing. He really just wants to watch a few college games this fall.

"Florida and Texas A&M are still recruiting me," Miller said. "But recruiting is done. I'm going to Texas."

Miller holds 27 offers including Alabama, OU, Texas A&M, Florida, and took officials to Austin, Tuscaloosa, College Station, and Gainesville in June. He made an unofficial visit to OU last weekend, and still might see Baylor and UH for a game this fall. But at the end of the day, Miller is happy he's a Horn.

• Hook 'Em 7

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

FocusedEssentialKid-max-1mb.gif

Randall "Tex" Cobb is from Bridge City (same as Dronett). The downside to the Cobb comparison is I saw him get absolutely rocked by Holmes. On the bright side, he did beat Earnie Shavers, and Leon Spinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm not going to moderate this shit because it's not against the rules, but there should be an aspect of self-policing now that players are going to be directly associated with the site. 

Use your brain. 

We may need to rethink this whole NIL thing then. LOL

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

Honestly who gives a shit how a kid looks they aren’t at UT to be male models.  Can the dude push another big dude out of the way for Bijan?  Then alright, alright, alright.

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Marty Cherry would like a word.

pffft. Matt Nordgren is THE playa.

https://www.bravotv.com/people/matt-nordgren

• Fuck You 1

He should just pull a Ewers. Cram in some study time, get his GED, and head to college. A dominant RB is probably the best suited position for going early since they don't need to ride the bench while bulking up or acclimating to the talent level, and with less wear and tear they might be able to get an extra year out of their professional career. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

He should just pull a Ewers. Cram in some study time, get his GED, and head to college. A dominant RB is probably the best suited position for going early since they don't need to ride the bench while bulking up or acclimating to the talent level, and with less wear and tear they might be able to get an extra year out of their professional career. 

You left out a pretty important part of (and incentive for) pulling an Ewers.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Use your brain. 

spacer.png

Edited by sith_horn

On 8/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, Michael Knight said:

You can't think of Kyle Allen and Christian Kirk?

https://247sports.com/Coach/Jeff-Banks-756/Recruits/

Look, yall will see how it goes.  You can say it was Banks, but I'd argue JFF's success with Kliff Kingsbury's offense was probably a bigger selling feature, regardless of how 247 assigns the credit for recruits.  What I'm saying is that, to posters who weren't looking through maroon sunglasses, it was apparent that Banks was, at best, a mediocre recruiter.  And that isn't going to get it done.

2 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Look, yall will see how it goes.  You can say it was Banks, but I'd argue JFF's success with Kliff Kingsbury's offense was probably a bigger selling feature, regardless of how 247 assigns the credit for recruits.  What I'm saying is that, to posters who weren't looking through maroon sunglasses, it was apparent that Banks was, at best, a mediocre recruiter.  And that isn't going to get it done.

monkey angry gif

• Haha 4

banks was a pretty good recruiter when he was engaged. he's also a bit of an odd duck (as proven by his dating decisions) and had a tendency to wander off to the west coast and enjoy himself more than visit high school coaches, which, understandable. 

i would assume sark knows his good and bad after a few years on the same staff and thinks he can keep his head on straight. 

10 minutes ago, bizzle said:

banks was a pretty good recruiter when he was engaged. he's also a bit of an odd duck (as proven by his dating decisions) and had a tendency to wander off to the west coast and enjoy himself more than visit high school coaches, which, understandable. 

i would assume sark knows his good and bad after a few years on the same staff and thinks he can keep his head on straight. 

Every Milton Berle level hog needs to go hunt truffles now and again.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Why would any young coach like Banks (not in the  corps of cadets) want to wander off?  He is an odd duck because he wanted to bang pole assassin in some other venue than a bait/minnow/worm shop on the Brazos River.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

You’re all the same. “tee yew bad. Terxus M&M gud. Whoop! Sssssssss“

14 hours ago, immamac said:

Use your brain. 

It’s a big assumption that the majority of posters on here have a brain to use. And as much as you don’t want to, you likely will have to moderate shit like this or only allow the players access to certain parts of the board because these dweebs on here won’t be able to help themselves.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting