Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

There was Myron Rolle who went to FSU was really fucking good, completed his Rhodes at Oxford, went to the NFL and then after a couple of seasons retired from the NFL and is now a resident neurosurgeon at MassGen. 

He was in my high school's league when I was there. Prep league superstar. Hun pulled him after the first quarter in most games because it just wasn't fair. 

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Kris Stockton - Biology for me. He’s a doctor. 

Stockton's girlfriend in college might have been the absolute hottest chick on the entire campus. Holy shit.

Regarding Johnson at LB for this class, the murmur continues that he's not going to be a fit. Problem is, dude got hurt and other schools went cold on him. So now there's a dilemma regarding optics. I'd say it could go either way if the rumors aren't pure bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Stockton's girlfriend in college might have been the absolute hottest chick on the entire campus. Holy shit.

Regarding Johnson at LB for this class, the murmur continues that he's not going to be a fit. Problem is, dude got hurt and other schools went cold on him. So now there's a dilemma regarding optics. I'd say it could go either way if the rumors aren't pure bullshit.

Any word on other options if Johnson gets processed? Other than Barton.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Martin is a strong program too. Wouldn’t be smart to tarnish our rep there with Toviano et al.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

13 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Martin is a strong program too. Wouldn’t be smart to tarnish our rep there with Toviano et al.

If it’s true he won’t ever be back to himself because of the injury, the best option might be to bring him in and shuffle him to a medical scholarship. But of course that still would take up a spot in this class.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Bobby Wolfe. He dropped out at Zona but when he did it he got another holding penalty. 

There was Myron Rolle who went to FSU was really fucking good, completed his Rhodes at Oxford, went to the NFL and then after a couple of seasons retired from the NFL and is now a resident neurosurgeon at MassGen. 

Dr Robert Smith at tOSU became brain surgeon....oh nevermind that was bullshit he created for himself. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Hamilton said that the unnamed committed prospect that reached out a couple weeks ago is now "Very" interested.

Also, another rumor I read on IT's long recruiting thread is that there are 3 guys that have reached out that would be portals. 2 on offense, and 1 on defense.

Could the two share the same last name of a certain unheralded starting LB at Texas?

The Brocks fucking should transfer. If they were making the decision fresh as high school seniors right now, they would probably pick Texas with Sark and Kyle Flood (the guys they committed to in the first place at their childhood school). On top of that, they're both buried on the Bama depth chart but could play next year at UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Getafix said:

Roach, on Brenen Thompson.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.1c904ba532a49d6a5bf974f33c0b33f4.png

I'd love to know where Brennan sits on Sark's priority board for WR. Outstanding straighline speed but Sark's WR seem much more well rounded with hands, quickness and overall fb IQ. Brennan also looks 5'9/10 without skills that usually make guys that height a target. We'll find out soon but I feel we would already have him in the class if Sark wanted it to be.

45 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

A4C59FB9-48F5-4337-88AC-5A252F95BB27.thumb.jpeg.bd23a02ec88614feb3379c5d23fa3aa4.jpeg

It's probably safe to make these assumptions:

• This committed recruit is not a purchased recruit
  • Gerry wouldn't float this if it was DeAnthony Gatson or equivalent
  • It's at a position where we would accept a commitment (why would Gerry say anything if it was a RB?)

It's a relatively long list of possibilities

WR: Hudson, Caleb Burton, CJ Williams, maybe LSU commit Aaron Anderson?

TE: Staes, Llewelyn, Tommy McIntosh

OT: Banks, Campbell, Booker, Sexton, Fitzpatrick, Cam Williams

DB: Domani Jackson, Brooks, Laterrance Welch, Jaedan Gould, Anderson, Hullaby

LB: Tuihalamaka, Cheeks, TJ Dudley, Kip Lewis

Hoping for one of the tackles, will settle for one of the DBs, but it's probably a DL because we're full there and can't have nice things. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
That thing where you get going and then don't proofread and end up with conflicting ideas

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I'd love to know where Brennan sits on Sark's priority board for WR. Outstanding straighline speed but Sark's WR seem much more well rounded with hands, quickness and overall fb IQ. Brennan also looks 5'9/10 without skills that usually make guys that height a target. We'll find out soon but I feel we would already have him in the class if Sark wanted it to be.

Gerry has alluded to Thompson being 1b with Stewart on the receiver board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

There are very few candidates for whom this might be. It's probably safe to make these assumptions:

• It's at a position where we would accept a commitment (why would Gerry say anything if it was a RB?)

Hoping for one of the tackles, will settle for one of the DBs, but it's probably a DL because we're full there and can't have nice things. 

I don't think we need to overcomplicate it. 95% chance it is one of Hudson, Banks, Anderson or Brooks.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I guess I hadn't really kept a tab on Brooks. Didn't Ohio State look pretty shitty against Minnesota? tie that in to us seeming pressing pause on Hyphen, and a salty D-Line recruitment streak. Maybe he sees the light?

Idk that they looked shitty, but their secondary is pretty young. Ryan Watts of all people played a lot and looked really fucking good. A missed eval by the last staff.

It would be terrific if Brooks sees an easier path to playing time here and reached out, but I still think it's Anderson. 

It's probably safe to make these assumptions:

You’ve really whittled things down to “everyone we are recruiting”. Good job. Nice detective work.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Idk that they looked shitty, but their secondary is pretty young. Ryan Watts of all people played a lot and looked really fucking good. A missed eval by the last staff.

It would be terrific if Brooks sees an easier path to playing time here and reached out, but I still think it's Anderson. 

If I remember correctly we tried for Watts just got out recruited by Day 

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

If I remember correctly we tried for Watts just got out recruited by Day 

I went back and read Roach's post-morterm on that class and he said something to the effect that Watts and Texas/Herman just weren't a fit and both parties moved on. 

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You’ve really whittled things down to “everyone we are recruiting”. Good job. Nice detective work.

Everyone who we have recruited and would be noteworthy reaching out at positions of need. That's exactly what the list is. While I think it's Anderson, it's worth remembering guys we missed on in the summer. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting