Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Assuming we get Agbo - that puts Texas at 3 OL commits.

We're still in it for Campbell, Banks, and Williams - and I assume we'd take all 3 if given the chance. 

No one seems to know what's happening with Neto.  Is he a take regardless?

Dewberry hasn't committed but I think everyone assumes he is off to aggy.

Am I missing anyone (not including a couple of portals)?

At the rate we are processing linemen currently combined with only taking two last year, I imagine we would take any and all of the names you mentioned even if that means signing seven players. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Who the fuck is paying this guy?  Why would any Texas fan subscribe to this assholes site?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Too many people. I haven't checked in ages, but I believe his is still the biggest Texas fan site on the internet. 

https://www.inputmag.com/tech/aol-still-has-1-point-5-million-subscribers-somehow

• Haha 4

We're still in it for Campbell, Banks, and Williams - and I assume we'd take all 3 if given the chance. 

Nope. But if we start getting momentum of Banks and possibly Campbell committing, then it may come down to first to commit between Williams and Dewberry for that 6th spot, even if Dewberry is considered an Aggie lean at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hutson and Robertson set a great floor. Agbo also seems like a Guard take but that dude is big and has a SEC type body so he's a great project. Campbell is a bonafide badass that is a must get, he's your typical OU pulling guard that pancakes unworthy scrubs every other play. Banks would be awesome and if we can get a difference maker or two in the portal then you've flipped the script with that position in one offseason. Flood and Sark would deserve their flowers for that. When was the last time we had true competition on the OL?

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Get fucked, you fat embezzling piece of shit. Get fucked and stay fucked. 

If anyone wants to see a selfish asshole who is an impediment to everything Texas can accomplish in this space for his own personal gain, look no further. 

remember, Ketch ALLEGEDLY embezzled money from Cole Pittman's golf tournament to pay back taxes to the IRS.

Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Hutson and Robertson set a great floor. Agbo also seems like a Guard take but that dude is big and has a SEC type body so he's a great project. Campbell is a bonafide badass that is a must get, he's your typical OU pulling guard that pancakes unworthy scrubs every other play. Banks would be awesome and if can get a difference maker or two in the portal then you've flipped the script with that position in one offseason. Flood and Sark would deserve tier flowers for that. When was the last time we had true competition on the OL?

Banks is the big name on the list and it isnt even close. Texas has a blackhole of incompetence at the LT spot. If Texas got everyone of their targets, I would bet Banks is a starter over the field. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Land Campbell and Banks

Top off class with 1-2 of the following: Neto, Agbo, Dewberry

Would be the best class on paper since early 00s IMO.

land campbell and banks and then get at least 2 of williams, agbo, dewberry, neto.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We currently have 9 scholarship OL on campus - but that includes Hookfin who just crashed his motorcycle and broke 700 of his bones. 

C. Jones

J. Angilau

I. Hookfin

H. Conner

J. Garth

A. Karic

M. Merrill

J. Majors

L. Parr

I can see Merrill exiting....

Who knows how Hookfin will do and how long he will take to recover

IMO having 14-16 OL on roster at a time is a must.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We currently have 9 scholarship OL on campus - but that includes Hookfin who just crashed his motorcycle and broke 700 of his bones. 

C. Jones

J. Angilau

I. Hookfin

H. Conner

J. Garth

A. Karic

M. Merrill

J. Majors

L. Parr

hookfin could be done. merrill is a transfer/"medical" candidate.

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Liucci can say what he wants, but Dewberry is legitimately a guy who can be swayed by the momentum shifting to Texas. And he and Banks have talked about playing together with some other kids. So if we lock up banks publicly, the odds go up for Dewberry as well. We literally just need one guy to jump right now. 

image.gif.285fc6534cee8b810e192a9aa9cf818b.gif

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Liucci can say what he wants, but Dewberry is legitimately a guy who can be swayed by the momentum shifting to Texas. And he and Banks have talked about playing together with some other kids. So if we lock up banks publicly, the odds go up for Dewberry as well. We literally just need one guy to jump right now. 

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

39 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

C. Jones

J. Angilau

I. Hookfin

H. Conner

J. Garth

A. Karic

M. Merrill

J. Majors

L. Parr

Spent way too long trying to figure out this acrostic.

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Too many people. I haven't checked in ages, but I believe his is still the biggest Texas fan site on the internet. 

Clearly laundering drug money.

His standing as an insufferable egomaniac was solidly confirmed during his radio career for the Austin station.

When he was reduced to starting his own show, his intro was something like, "It's time for Geoff Ketchum and the Geoff Ketchum Show produced by Geoff Ketchum. Now here's Geoff Ketchum, editor in chief of OrangeBloods. Take it away Geoff Ketchum!"

Then he would come on to greet his public, "Hi everybody and welcome to the Geoff Ketchum Show. I'm Geoff Ketchum. I'll be telling you some badass stories from my studly high school days..."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Clearly laundering drug money.

His standing as an insufferable egomaniac was solidly confirmed during his radio career for the Austin station.

When he was reduced to starting his own show, his intro was something like, "It's time for Geoff Ketchum and the Geoff Ketchum Show produced by Geoff Ketchum. Now here's Geoff Ketchum, editor in chief of OrangeBloods. Take it away Geoff Ketchum!"

Then he would come on to greet his public, "Hi everybody and welcome to the Geoff Ketchum Show. I'm Geoff Ketchum. I'll be telling you some badass stories from my studly high school days..."

I doubt he's laundering drug money. I've seen ozark, and I knew Ketchum, and that gelatinous cube would have been dead inside the first 2 months because he'd have tried to embezzle the drug money for himself and they'd catch him immediately. Because believe or not, shoving bands of bills into the rolls of his fat isn't the best way to steal money from a cartel. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I really don't think Dewberry will be in the Texas class and I haven't liked our odds this entire cycle. I also don't think he's the quality of player that Banks or Campbell are. If Texas closes these guys, I assume the class finishes with the 2 committed, Campbell, Agbo and Banks. I'm betting Greene to Alabama, probably the same for Neto. Dewberry goes where he's always leaned - ATM. Williams winds up getting rolled into whatever the fuck is going on at TCU. I know some folks who think Texas has the leading shot now with Williams. I don't buy it.

Given that the Minnesota transfer could drop his announcement to the good guys at any moment, and they're after several other transfers, taking anything more than 5 guys in the 2022 seems like folly.

The two committed guys are ride or die types, so they'll be fine working their way onto the field over the years. Banks and Campbell expect to start from day 1 and likely can. Dewberry, were he to join UT's class, would be doing so because he thinks he can start immediately (he's not good enough to do that even with the current problems on the OL) and would be an immediate transfer candidate. Neto is an enigma but isn't the redshirting type. Williams is a project who doesn't realize it yet. That's a lot of transfer risk is all I'm saying.

You sure? I think they're going to be competing for the chance to redshirt. They're gonna start taking dives in training camp. "Coach, what's a first down? I'm gonna need some more time to learn how this foolsball thing works. Guess I need to redshirt!"

Edited by Bevo14

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With LTG and the OL trio of Campbell/Banks/Agbo that puts us at 287. If Stewart were to flip upon the Ewers news than we would be at 294 not including the 5 star IT hinted would follow as well. For reference last year 294 was good enough for the 4th overall class.

If you get creative and include Ewers, who was worth 30 points to Ohio State last year (He wouldn't be worth 30 to us because he'd be the 2nd QB take in the class), you are conceivably looking at what would for all intents and purposes be the top class in the country, and one of the top classes ever, I believe. 

Im not sure what happens with Stewart if we land Ewers. But We're also still in the game for Denver Harris. And I don't think that momentum hurts with him or any other target either. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

Also, wasn't there some scuttlebutt that if Banks and Campbell went to UT that Dewberry would be likely to follow? I thought some 995er was putting out that Dewberry wanted to play with them, but my recruiting memory has become mush the past few days.

Dewberry has expressed that he would be interested in playing with Banks in college. (they grew up playing with/against each other, families are friends etc.) Banks is receptive to that, but it isn't a driver for him; he'll go where he wants to go irrespective of Dewberry.  If we were to land Banks, I think there is a very good chance we also land Dewberry. 

I would feel much better about not being shutout from those two if we were in the lead position for Banks than I would be with Dewberry.

Ideal (with some semblance of realism) ‘22 class:

QB Murphy 

RB Blue

WR/RB Red

WR Stewart

WR Thompson

OL Banks

OL Campbell

OL Agbo

OL Robertson

OL Hutson

DS St. Louis

K Stone

DL Bledsoe

DL Finkley

DL Tapp

DL Ross

DL Swanson

DL Bryant

DL Jones

DL/LB Brown

LB McKinzie

LB Johnson

DB Turner-Gooden

DB Allen

DB Gilbeau 

DB Jordan

DB Lewis

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you get creative and include Ewers, who was worth 30 points to Ohio State last year (He wouldn't be worth 30 to us because he'd be the 2nd QB take in the class), you are conceivably looking at what would for all intents and purposes be the top class in the country, and one of the top classes ever, I believe. 

I wish 247 would reclassify him just to see the tortured tears of aggys crying foul. 

Lucky for us that class with Stewart would put us at 294.89 and leave aggy with 294.81. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I added all his dudes and threw in the current no 1 player, some kid committed to FSU. It would move us up to 302, which would be good for 3rd or 4th place probably. Would be a huge class for us though given the talent at our biggest need positions.

Edited by Bevo14

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting