Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

And how they also gloss over the fact that we were on game 2 of a new coach/offensive/defensive scheme while they're in season 4 of a supposed qb guru and offensive genius.

My friends, don't bray back at the jackass. Instead of comparing losses (Aggie/loser behavior), let's compare wins.

In our three other games we handily defeated a ranked school that has won the rest of its games against lesser competition, and we stomped two Division 1 (I can't be bothered to remember the constantly changing nomenclature. You know what I mean.) teams.

I seriously doubt A&M would be picked to beat Texas barring some boost if the game were to be played at Kyle Field where we have a winning record and scoreboard.

They're only ranked because they started so high. Enjoy the dreadful fall. The rest of the country will laughingly watch.

• Hook 'Em 7

im rooting for Oklahoma state to with their next two games so that we will have an electric atmosphere on our big visit weekend when Arch and the gang come to town. I know Klatt mentioned a big noon kickoff preseason but no way that game isn't flexed to a night game if Texas and okie lite win the next two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

im rooting for Oklahoma state to with their next two games so that we will have an electric atmosphere on our big visit weekend when Arch and the gang come to town. I know Klatt mentioned a big noon kickoff preseason but no way that game isn't flexed to a night game if Texas and okie lite win the next two.

I see you're getting your HtownHorn shoes on early this morning, or perhaps your Helobious Hat. 

Logic and conventional wisdom go out the window when Fox is involved. The only window they know they can win is 11 am. Why the fuck do you think Texas and OU are always playing there?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I see you're getting your HtownHorn shoes on early this morning, or perhaps your Helobious Hat. 

Logic and conventional wisdom go out the window when Fox is involved. The only window they know they can win is 11 am. Why the fuck do you think Texas and OU are always playing there?

Didn’t Klatt say somewhere that Texas/Oklahoma St was going to be the big noon kickoff game?  I fully expect us to have 4 11am kickoffs in a row. 

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn’t Klatt say somewhere that Texas/Oklahoma St was going to be the big noon kickoff game?  I fully expect us to have 4 11am kickoffs in a row. 

preseason to chip brown he said it was likely. 

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

preseason to chip brown he said it was likely. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Indeed. Ray'sBoomBoomRoom is going against Klatt, how Fox generally operates, as well as the general college football TV landscape. I think we might need a mod to change his name to Ray'sSexTent after tossing his balls on the table here. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I was thinking the same thing

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

If it's Texas coming in off an ou win in the RRS facing an undefeated osu in Austin... It will be a Big Noon saturday game.  Fox would keep that in their #1 timeslot.

I agree it should be primetime but FOX has conceded those spots in favor of it's noon time slot.  Fuck FOX

Agreed. 

FOX has been showing baseball in the primetime slot. If that’s not waving the white flag, I don’t know what is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

FWIW, I guess it’s not the worst thing in the world if OSU is an early kickoff according to Sark. He mentioned that he likes getting to spend the rest of the day with visiting recruits after the game. 

yeah I get that but the atmosphere for all those guys would be better at night

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

yeah I get that but the atmosphere for all those guys would be better at night

Look if we can’t provide a good atmosphere for a potential top 15-20 game when the weather is cooler in Texas then that’s on us as shit fans. Time shouldn’t effect that. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 8

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

My friends, don't bray back at the jackass. Instead of comparing losses (Aggie/loser behavior), let's compare wins.

I

This.  Having a mutual opponent for the first time in years has been a stark reminder of the irrational lengths they go to, the mental gymnastics they will perform to end up at the all too familiar "advantage aggy".  Nothing ever shuts them up. So ignore them and enjoy watching them be put back in their place. 

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas Longhorns commits in the On300

No. 59 Kristopher Ross, DL, Houston (Texas) North Shore

No. 70 Jaray Bledsoe, DL, Marlin (Texas)

No. 94 Jamarion Miller, RB, Tyler (Texas) Legacy

No. 102 Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo (Texas)

No. 175 J’Mond Tapp, EDGE, Donaldsonville (La.) Ascension Catholic

No. 188 Jaydon Blue, RB, Klein (Texas) Cain

No. 216 Aaron Bryant, DL, Southaven (Ms.)

No. 221 Derrick Brown, EDGE, Texarkana (Texas) Texas High

No. 227 Austin Jordan, S, Denton (Texas) Ryan

No. 253 Connor Robertson, IOL, Austin (Texas) Westlake

No. 256 Armani Winfield, WR, Lewisville (Texas)

No. 285 Justice Finkley, EDGE, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville

Texas Longhorns targets in the On300

No. 4 Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco (Texas) Liberty
The race: Florida, Texas, Alabama, LSU

No. 8 Harold Perkins, LB, Cypress (Texas) Cy Park
The race: Texas, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Alabama

No. 12 Denver Harris, CB, Houston (Texas) Galena Park North Shore
The race: Texas, LSU, Alabama

No. 15 Terrance Brooks, CB, Little Elm (Texas)
The race: Ohio State verbal

No. 17 Jaleel Skinner, TE, Greer (S.C.) IMG Academy
The race: Alabama, Texas, Florida, Clemson or Miami. Announcing October 9

No. 19 Devon Campbell, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Bowie
The race: Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC and LSU. Official visit to Alabama this weekend. 

No. 22 Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland (Texas)
The race: SMU verbal. Official visit to Texas October 16.

No. 23 Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont (Texas) West Brook
The race: Texas A&M verbal

No. 27 Kelvin Banks, OT, Humble (Texas) Summer Creek
The race: Oregon verbal

No. 36 Kendrick Law, S, Shreveport (La.) Captain Shreve
The race: LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida State, Texas, TCU

No. 40 Brenen Thompson, WR, Spearman (Texas)
The race: Texas leads Texas A&M and Oklahoma State

No. 42 Jacoby Mathews, S, Ponchatoula (La.)
The race: Texas, Texas A&M and LSU. Official visit to Texas tentatively set for October 16.

No. 55 Quency Wiggins, DL, Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep
The race: LSU, Texas, Florida and Alabama. Florida official October 9, and Texas set for October 16.

No. 61 Neto Umeozulu, IOL, Allen (Texas)
The race: Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama

No. 101 Shazz Preston, WR, Saint James (La.)
The race: Georgia, LSU, Alabama and Texas

No. 121 Kam Dewberry, IOL, Humble (Texas) Atascocita
The race: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Texas, Alabama, LSU and Ohio State

No. 131 Earnest Greene, IOL, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
The race: Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, USC

No. 177 Lander Barton, LB, Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton
The race: Utah, Texas, Oregon, Michigan, UCLA and USC. Utah official October 16, and Oregon October 30.

No. 223 Kevin Coleman, WR, Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s
The race: Florida State, Missouri, Arizona State, USC, Texas. USC official November 20. Made OV to FSU first weekend in September. 

Texas Longhorns targets not in the On300

Larry Turner-Gooden, S, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany
The race: Texas, Penn State, Arizona State, USC. Official to Texas October 16. Already made OV to Penn State.

Cameron Williams, OT/IOL, Duncanville (Texas)
The race: Oregon commit. Will be at Texas-Oklahoma game October 9.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

You would know better, but it seems like Gerry’s not a big fan of hyphen considering his On3 ranking is about 180 spots lower than his composite. 

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Seems they're being a bit conservative with Hyphen, not knowing how much the 38 year old will have left in the tank.

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Finkley at 285?  Fuck that.

I think it's going to be reasonable to expect that guys who don't project clearly to a position will get punished for it a bit by On3. I am not saying there won't be exceptions or that that is right or wrong. I'll just say that it won't surprise me.

Similarly, if a player has an absolute elite component to his make-up, whether physical measurements, speed/quickness, arm, feet, or a skill, On3 will put a premium on that. Conversely, if a player is really deficient on that front, they'll get really punished. So a guy with small arms like the LB recruit from Los Angeles who is committed to Notre Dame, or if a guy doesn't get separation at camps or on film like Kevin Coleman, they'll be much lower in the On3 rankings. I haven't checked, but you guys can stun me with the news that either of those guys is highly regarded by On3.

Jaleel Skinner Profile/Update from On3's Chad Simmons:

October 9 is right around the corner. The No. 1 tight end on On3, five-star Jaleel Skinner, turns 18 October 8, then a day later, on October 9, he will announce his commitment.

The top 20 player in America cut his list to Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and Texas over the summer. Florida got a visit from the star out of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy a couple of weeks ago, so the Gators are a school still being considered.

Skinner has never officially ruled anyone out.

“I am not going to name them all, but I am still talking to plenty of schools outside my top five,” Skinner said. “A lot of schools are still recruiting me, so nobody is truly out of it with me. I am still considering all of my options.”

With the constant texts, phone calls, games each weekend, and decision day rapidly approaching, a lot is going through Skinner’s mind.

Things are becoming a little more clear though.

“Mentally, I am in a good place with everything. I have put a lot of thought into this, I have looked hard at a lot of schools and I am starting to see things a little better.

“I am starting to figure out where I need to go, who will make me the best player I can best, and I am starting to have an idea about things.

“There is a lot going through my mind, and I can’t say the list I have in my head, but I am in a good place.”

Clemson and Miami get final visits from Skinner

The only game Skinner has been able to attend around his football schedule is the one at the Swamp when Florida hosted Alabama. With an off week this week, he will see two of the schools on his list.

“I am planning to be at Miami Thursday for the Virginia game, then at Clemson Saturday when they play Boston College,” Skinner said. “These visits will help me a lot.

“I will get to see two more schools play live and I will get to see how the fan base is. I know these two visits will help me with my decision.”

Skinner grew up less than an hour from Clemson, so he is very familiar with the Tigers. He knows he is a special one to be recruited by them.

“Clemson recruits differently. They don’t offer a lot of players. They don’t go after everyone. So to be recruited by them means something different.

“It is a hometown school for me, and if I went there, it would be great for my family. I know Clemson will be back too. They have a great recruiting class coming in, they have a young quarterback, and they will be great in the coming years.”

The Hurricanes are a team looking to knock Clemson off the top of the ACC. Manny Diaz and his staff have been pushing hard for Skinner. Miami’s approach is a little different.

“They are the only school on my list to recruit me more as a wide receiver. That does stand out because Miami runs an air-raid offense, they play fast, and they spread things out.”

He sees potential there.

“Miami is a young team. They have a lot of young players. I like the coaches, the offense they run, and the young players they have. They are going to keep getting better.”

Are Florida and Florida State true contenders for Skinner?

Skinner surprisingly went to a game at Florida. Florida State is off to a rough 0-4 start. The Seminoles were Skinner’s dream school growing up. The Gators had an impressive showing against the no. 1 team in the country.

Where do these two Sunshine State programs stand for Skinner?

“Florida State has faded some for sure,” Skinner said. “The coaches have to worry about their season, and focus on the team right now, so recruiting with them has slowed down some.

“With Florida, I had a great time. The crowd was crazy, I got to meet Tim Tebow, and they played a great game. They have always been recruiting me and I have not eliminated them.

“Florida has a young team, they are playing well, and I enjoyed my visit.”

The Gators have only helped themselves this fall, but will it be enough? The Seminoles appear to be trending down for the nation’s top tight end.

Alabama goes about their business a little differently

Alabama is Alabama. Nick Saban is the head coach and he has won six national championships in Tuscaloosa.

Skinner does not see the Crimson Tide the same way he sees the other schools on his list.

“Alabama is all about business,” Skinner said. “If you go to Alabama, it is a business decision. They are not going to give anything to you. At Alabama, everything is earned, and elite players go there to compete.”

That talent is appealing to Skinner.

“They have four-star and five-star guys on the bench as back-ups, so if you go to Alabama, you have to work. I know the players I went against in practice could be better than the ones I face in the game if I went there.

“I know the talent level at Alabama could benefit me. It would be great competition. It is something that I do really like.”

Skinner also spoke highly of the Alabama offense and how they use tight ends.

Skinner’s taking a hard look at Texas

Skinner was hoping to take in a game in Austin before his commitment, but he wasn’t able to. That doesn’t mean his interest in the Longhorns is any different.

“The coaches at Texas are telling me to just visit after I commit,” Skinner said. “I am not sure if I will be able to, but it is something I will talk with my parents about.

“Nothing has changed with Texas. I like what they are doing, I like their offense, and I see a lot of potential there.”

Steve Sarkisian and Jeff Banks have built a strong connection with Skinner, and that only help’s Texas’ chances.

“I love coach Sark and coach Banks. They are two great guys and great coaches. I love what they do and I see them helping Texas do big things in the coming years.”

This season will play a role in Skinner’s season

We have seen Florida State struggle this season and the Seminoles have faded down Skinner’s list. Florida has played well and may have moved back into contention.

Maybe that is just a coincidence because wins and losses are not too important in his decision. Who can make him one of the best in the country is.

“I have been watching a lot, and I have been paying attention to each team,” Skinner. “It is all about my potential and who can help me. That is very important to me.

“The most important thing to me is who utilizes my position best in their offense. That is what I have focused on all season. I want to be developed, I want to be coached up, and I want to be a player that is used in the offense.

“Wins comes with work. I am not worried about that.”

https://247sports.com/player/jaleel-skinner-46058801/

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting