Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

That was a god-awful shootout ... but it was also the most heartbreaking manner in which England could have lost.

The Three Lions grab an early lead, surrender that, match goes to kicks, another early lead for England, that's given up, then an unexpected reprieve, and then yet another monumental choke.

For Anger-land fans:

ThreadbareAdvancedDrongo-size_restricted

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Gee. Who saw that coming?

See below

22 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Saka seems like he sucks-a

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

WTF Saka?

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

WTF Saka?

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Saka isn’t good. Get him out for Rashford. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Why didn’t England send sterling to kick?

Was he subbed off for Sancho because that made no sense. I have no love for Raheem but that's a dude I'd rather have taking a high pressure shot than Sancho or Saka. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Did England even have a shot on goal after the 2nd min?  (At bar, drinking).  Graelish in after the 80th min?  Henderson on then off?  Terrible in game management.

One. They were at 1 shot, 1 on frame at the half. It was 6/2 at the game end.

I like Saka.  I think he will be very, very good.  He is still really young.  But yeah, Southgate fucked that one up.  I would want my experienced guys out there taking those high pressure kicks.  Not a 19 year old kid.  

But yeah, England is the aggy of international football. They have one championship from decades ago, and have not won anything meaningful since.  But always think they are the best.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I like Saka.  I think he will be very, very good.  He is still really young.  But yeah, Southgate fucked that one up.  I would want my experienced guys out there taking those high pressure kicks.  Not a 19 year old kid.  

But yeah, England is the aggy of international football. They have one championship from decades ago, and have not won anything meaningful since.  But always think they are the best.

i don't recall Saka ever taking a penalty for Arsenal before. to ask two guys to come in cold off the bench and then to have a 19 y/o with no penalty experience as your 3-4-5 takers in the Euro finals? that's garbage management.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The racist Brits will come out tonight on social media. Two white guys make, three black guys miss. 
This is all on Southgate the way he managed the first 90 minutes. 

It’s going to be an AWFUL night in the English pubs. The barkeeps I talked to there a couple years ago said the American coverage of English football almost totally glosses over the violence amongst the losing team’s fans each weekend. Especially in derbys, and I assume it will be the same for this national gut wrencher.

Hey Southgate, how bout you don’t put a teenager in the #5 PK spot?

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Except their fans are more like Ohio State fans, what with the hooliganism, vandalism, domestic abuse, and general lack of teeth.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Buzzrock said:

It’s going to be an AWFUL night in the English pubs. The barkeeps I talked to there a couple years ago said the American coverage of English football almost totally glosses over the violence amongst the losing team’s fans each weekend. Especially in derbys, and I assume it will be the same for this national gut wrencher.

Hey Southgate, how bout you don’t put a teenager in the #5 PK spot?

If I was an Italian fan I’d be on the train tonight or wouldn’t leave the hotel bar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Great tournament, and Italy seriously deserved this. They were the better team in this tournament. England today, Spain and Belgium on the way.

Yeah, exactly. To beat them all was a feat. And it was a tournament with so many great moments. 

Again, Congrats Italia. 

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

England did not play coordinated soccer the whole second half.  They looked like a bunch of all stars just thrown together and told to play.  Then weird subs.  That’s all on the coach.  He will get skewered in the press. 

Rightly deserved.

He might have a Semi appearance in the World Cup and this final appearance, but his decisions made most people scratch their head. A super talented offensive team and he played super conservative.

• Like 1