Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, ztejas said:

We are absolutely hammering these guys and some of you are bitching that we aren't up 12-0. Take a look around the country folks - we are playing as well as anyone right now. Relax. 

But we have to clean it up or it'll eventually come back to bite us in the ass

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, utdlc said:

Can’t expect walks and HBP 7 outta 8 batters for 3 runs later on. Leaving way too many in scoring position, no doubt. This game should be so far out of reach right now it’s not funny. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Oh - will it? Against who - Florida? We make mistakes - just like every college baseball team ever. Please tell me which team in the country any team remaining would be more nervous about facing than us right now. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Oh - will it? Against who - Florida? We make mistakes - just like every college baseball team ever. Please tell me which team in the country any team remaining would be more nervous about facing than us right now. 

The goal is a championship and to do that you need to play almost perfect ball. I normally wouldn't be super worried but this has been going on for awhile.

The goal is a championship and to do that you need to play almost perfect ball. I normally wouldn't be super worried but this has been going on for awhile.

If you don't think this team is playing "almost perfect ball" through 4 innings I don't know what to say. We are up 5-0 through 4 against the 2 seed in our regional.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

If you don't think this team is playing "almost perfect ball" through 4 innings I don't know what to say. We are up 5-0 through 4 against the 2 seed in our regional.

C'mon, man. If we aren't up by double-digit runs, we suck. Texas fans out front should've told you. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think the sky is falling but if a problem has repeatedly been showing up throughout the season, it needs to be corrected. 

3 minutes ago, utdlc said:

This...a team, this deep into the season, shouldn’t be making mistakes like this, but let’s just hope they learn from it.

Just now, ztejas said:

You already said you dont know much about baseball. Just bc we are up 5-0 doesnt mean we havent made mistakes and havent failed to capitalize on a lot of RISP. A lot of us just want to see championship level baseball, and that means being sharp in all phases. 

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm fucking old, but when I was at Texas that wasn't a homer.

I'm old too, and one of our memories is failing.  There wasn't a monster in CF for most of DFF's existence unless I am mistaken.  And I think CF has always been 400'.

Even if it wasn't 400, that ball cleared the fence by 15 feet and was good for 425, easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think the sky is falling but if a problem has repeatedly been showing up throughout the season, it needs to be corrected. 

We are the number 2 overall seed. What more do you want from them?