Blastfurnace 2021

Storm the Field

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

High in Austin for the next week is supposed to be 98 degrees.  If that’s exceedingly hot then Texas isn’t the place for you.  I wonder how nature kept this big secret from supposedly longtime residents that it gets fucking hot here.  Some of you act all surprised about it.  

Almost as surprised as not getting rain from a hurricane when you live 200+ miles away from the coast in the wrong fucking direction.

Maybe learn to read. I intentionally didn't describe it as hot. 

100+ heat index is plenty fucking warm. 

Humid af yesterday. Took down the rest of a dead tree in the front yard (thanks winter storm, you’re the cunt that keeps on counting), and just sweated my balls off.  

Enough of this shit please, I’d like to drink a PSL on the porch while wearing one of my fall shawls and discussing reality TV WITHOUT perspiring. 

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Last night at the game was decent, at least compared to the scorcher of a home opener. Hope we get fall-ish weather for an 11am kickoff Saturday against Tech. 

it's looking like kickoff will be much more pleasant.. low of 55 overnight, a high of 91 (likely dry)

Still 11am - gonna need to slather on the sunscreen - the UV rays will still be pretty intense.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, gmr548 said:

FYI those are overnight lows so that's Wednesday morning, not Tuesday morning. Walk outside on Tuesday morning expecting low 60's and you gonna get rekt.

For Austin, the front pushing through should bring some scattered showers Tuesday evening. Once the rain moves through, temps should begin to drop, from ~80 at 9 pm to ~65 at 7 am.

For Houston, same but a few hours later and a few degrees warmer.

The real nice stuff doesn't come through until later Wednesday. Thursday morning should be glorious.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

For Austin, the front pushing through should bring some scattered showers Tuesday evening. Once the rain moves through, temps should begin to drop, from ~80 at 9 pm to ~65 at 7 am.

The real nice stuff doesn't come through until later Wednesday. Thursday morning should be glorious.

username kinda checks out.

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Can't this shit come through on a weekend. Fucking Thursday morning. "Damn, it's nice out. Well, off to work."

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

was thinking of walking Hancock golf course for the sunset rate. Checks temp...OK, paddle board Town Lake it is.

Yep, was thinking a hike. Fuck that, off to the river with a couple of cold beers. Just gonna sit and enjoy what I hope is the dying rattle of Blastfurnace 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

Can't this shit come through on a weekend. Fucking Thursday morning. "Damn, it's nice out. Well, off to work."

Well, it should still be quite nice this weekend. Maybe 3-4 degrees warmer and a couple ticks higher humidity than Thursday but still very pleasant. 

Mornings and evenings should remain enjoyable for the next few weeks even if it warms back up to the mid 90's during the daytime. Blastfurnace is running on fumes and not likely to find a station at this point in the year.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, Storm the Field said:

I'm heading off to Aspen for a short trip later this month. Typically by the 3rd weekend of September the daytime high is 70 or less and the overnight low is around 40. They might have to drag me kicking and screaming onto the plane to head back to Houston.

Leaving for this trip Thursday, ironically on what will be the nicest day in Houston in months. Oh well, I think I'll survive:

31614115_YeahBoy.jpg.f893cf8be2bae50b334a6f4d057fcb22.jpg

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Poor cyclone bastards.  They come from a land of cold beer, cute women, and mild Septembers.  

"Welcome to Waco.  We don't know about any of that now..."  

Yeah I don't know about ISU having better looking women than BU. Sure they put out easier, but with a little effort you too can break a commandment.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Feels gross this morning in SW Austin.  This "cold" front can't get here soon enough.

It's somehow fitting that the final day before Autumn begins sneaks in one last reminder of everything there is to hate about summer in Texas.

Fortunately, the cavalry is on the way:

gfs_T850a_us_fh-12-36.thumb.gif.9d35f8fddeb859c88fb1249fb6591a79.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

It's somehow fitting that the final day before Autumn begins sneaks in one last reminder of everything there is to hate about summer in Texas.

Fortunately, the cavalry is on the way:

gfs_T850a_us_fh-12-36.thumb.gif.9d35f8fddeb859c88fb1249fb6591a79.gif

Would've been nice to get a little bit of rain out of this, but I'll be kind and not complain about it.