2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

The transfer portal doesnt work if a player is jumping out of the frying pan and into a bubble bath. Come play for Texas. Win or lose, we promise you'll have fun!

Right, if we're not careful the transfer portal will worsen the state of affairs and render us a permanent early retirement school with nice weather and good food

• Hook 'Em 1

So due to recent events (like losing and shit) it looks like we need the following from the portal:

1 starting qb
5 starting OL
1 starting TE
2 receivers that can catch, speedy preferred

2 starting DE
1 starting DT
3 starting LB
1 starting safety
1 CB for depth

Then backups to those guys.

This about right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

So due to recent events (like losing and shit) it looks like we need the following from the portal:

1 starting qb
5 starting OL
1 starting TE
2 receivers that can catch, speedy preferred

2 starting DE
1 starting DT
3 starting LB
1 starting safety
1 CB for depth

Then backups to those guys.

This about right?

More safeties

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Bama or UGA 

He's a very talented backup for Clemson but was only a .95 rated player out of HS.  Those two programs are probably only interested in sure fire starters or very clear 2nd team players.  He's got a great chance to start for us, but we're in a very different place in regards to our line depth.  We'd be a very good spot for him. 

Didn't CTJ say at one point that he feels the athletic department/longhorn foundation think that NIL will affect their bottom line? That they essentially look at it as a means to take away donations vs a means to improve the football progream?

I don't understand why our AD cares so much about money when the reality is the more successful we are football wise the more money we'd make. 

Long term thinking is not a popular business model it seems. So grab the money while you can, instead of investing in the long term brand value.

But I guess I would have to see the merchandise sales trends to accurately know if this was true.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Greg Davis is a step up from being considered a midget with a man bun.

I would gladly be a midget with a manbun over Greg Davis, sir. Don't forget that that midget can flat out fly on the field, track or court. Also, if you've never seen a midget dunk, get me on a court somewhere and I'm trouble.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would gladly be a midget with a manbun over Greg Davis, sir. Don't forget that that midget can flat out fly on the field, track or court. Also, if you've never seen a midget dunk, get me on a court somewhere and I'm trouble.

Not sure why, but this comes to mind whenever CTJ and Sydney go at each other...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Back to NIL for a second....

I don't know shit about NIL but you all are telling me that UT (with the massive fucking AD)  hasn't hired someone to be the "Senior Assistant AD of NIL bullshit"?  We the power and the money to have an expert on staff where we should be the shit with regards to NIL.  Fucking paid ads staring members of the team on the damn LHN and shit like that seems natural.  Am I wrong?

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let me guess, last week fucked around and got a triple double?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

While that was one was kind of obvious, I don't know whether I enjoy it more when someone gets a reference I'm sliding in, or when they don't.

Also, that shit is now stuck in my head...but it definitely could've been worse.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
I type like Sydney Carton.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)