Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Just now, Scholz said:

Nah, it'll be more enjoyable to watch them run his dead carcass over with a bus over and over like they do every other QB who doesn't meet their ridiculous expectations.

Yeah, either one is acceptable. Maybe I'm a softie for rooting for the outcome that leads to the least term health consequences (relying on pass protection from that OL? ouch) for a kid I really don't have anything against other than getting duped into committing to aggy. But, definitely, watching them turn on him will also be delicious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

…I'm also disappointed in Bo Nix for coming back for what seems like his 8th year of eligibility…

I think that the NCAA gave him another year of eligibility due to the time missed when he was away from the team for the. Ruth of his first grandchild.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Nah, it'll be more enjoyable to watch them run his dead carcass over with a bus over and over like they do every other QB who doesn't meet their ridiculous expectations.
*see Calzone and King for recent examples

Hey! Watch it buster. For all you know he could be the next Corey Pullig or Brannnndon Stewart!
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Hey! Watch it buster. For all you know he could be the next Corey Pullig or Brannnndon Stewart!

Mond made it to his senior year but only because neither he nor the aggie coaches had any other options. If Mond could have left he would have.

Prior to Mond, the last QB they had to even make it to their senior year as a starter was Tannehill ('08 - '11), but he was a WR for his for his first three years on campus.

Brandon Stewart ('97 - '98) was the last senior starter prior to Tannehill, but even he was benched for six games during his senior year.

So the last time (prior to Mond) the aggies had a QB actually progress from their freshmen year to their senior year as a QB was Corey Pulling from 92-95.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Mond made it to his senior year but only because neither he nor the aggie coaches had any other options. If Mond could have left he would have.

Prior to Mond, the last QB they had to even make it to their senior year as a starter was Tannehill ('08 - '11), but he was a WR for his for his first three years on campus.

Brandon Stewart ('97 - '98) was the last senior starter prior to Tannehill, but even he was benched for six games during his senior year.

So the last time (prior to Mond) the aggies had a QB actually progress from their freshmen year to their senior year as a QB was Corey Pulling from 92-95.

Stephen McGee was a SR starter but got injured/beat out by Jerrod Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, DanTheHorn said:

Aggy negotiating with Sankey

f1a52d43-db69-4ad0-a487-8e4cfe43063a_thu

Legit, lol. Good job!

On 12/31/2022 at 11:47 AM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20221231-114634_Chrome.jpg

I guess we’ll test this theory when we join the conference. 😁

Jet Black with the chef’s kiss. ❤️

616942A8-F866-4DFC-A89E-9BC3BFC17024.jpeg

• Haha 2

Such pure gold.

I don't know which I love most, the guy who lauds the hire because Petrino's Arkansas teams whipped Sumlin so often even though that never happened, the guy who hopes that a 19-year-old kid was "looped in" on the million-dollar dealings of a university athletic department,  or the guy who asks loochie what he's supposed to think.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Such pure gold.

I don't know which I love most, the guy who lauds the hire because Petrino's Arkansas teams whipped Sumlin so often even though that never happened, the guy who hopes that a 19-year-old kid was "looped in" on the million-dollar dealings of a university athletic department,  or the guy who asks loochie what he's supposed to think.

Our their glorious propaganda leader who called them out for going ballistic over Petrino when he was clearly only a candidate.

I think the ags that are happy or indifferent to the Petrino hire are using his time at Arkansas as proof.  Thing is, back then, the SEC was mostly 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  I believe a lot of Petrino's success came from being one of the first to open up an offense in the SEC.  Petrino had an advantage in that he had an entirely different offense to plan for compared to most of the others in the league.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread