Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Chatgpt wants to tell you about the storied history of running backs at tamu.

Who was the best ever running back at Texas A&M University and why?

As an AI language model, I cannot provide an opinion as to who the best ever running back at Texas A&M University is, as opinions are subjective ...However...

One of the most notable running backs in Texas A&M University history is Darren Lewis, who played for the Aggies from 1987 to 1990. During his career, Lewis rushed for 5,012 yards and 44 touchdowns, both of which are school records. He was also a two-time All-Southwest Conference selection and a two-time All-American.

Another notable running back for the Aggies is Johnny Manziel...

Which running back who played college football at Texas A&M went on to have the most successful NFL career, measured in terms of yards gained?

The Texas A&M University running back who went on to have the most successful NFL career, measured in terms of yards gained, is John David Crow. Crow played for Texas A&M from 1955 to 1957 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1957 as a senior. He was then selected second overall in the 1958 NFL Draft by the Chicago Cardinals.

In his NFL career, Crow played for the Chicago/St. Louis Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers from 1958 to 1968. He rushed for a total of 4,963 yards and 38 touchdowns in his career, and he was a four-time Pro Bowl selection. Crow also won the NFL's Most Valuable Player award in 1960, which was the first time the award was given to a player from a losing team.

Other notable Texas A&M running backs who had successful NFL careers include Curtis Dickey, who rushed for 4,451 yards and 28 touchdowns from 1980 to 1985, and Johnny Hector, who rushed for 4,033 yards and 27 touchdowns from 1983 to 1992.

• Haha 7

image.png.28acde3fa2e05b4eec2c49b096caa1f0.png

spacer.png

they act like the SEC owes them something for never finishing higher than 4th in the league

They feel like they delivered Texas in such a way that UT coming along isn't that much of a value-add. They're responsible for trillions of dollars going to the SEC. They expected brotherhood and protectors in return. They feel profoundly betrayed. Ebracing delusions leads to these consequences.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FqQN-66WYAMGv0v?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQN_XRXoAIPqNb?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQN_25WwAU9xDX?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOANSWAAIpZr0?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOBxKWwAElCV4?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOCLeXgAIERwU?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOCj9X0AARKo7?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQODCdXgAA30Rd?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOFhrX0AIMgK8?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOF7mWIAERshW?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOGTXWYAE6rhd?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOGqDX0AEu5Vq?format=jpg&name=medium

They're right about the LSU shit. I don't blame any school for not giving a shit after the NCAA has done nothing while having absolute proof of wrongdoing at multiple schools over the past decade, even ATM. 

Some of them are also disturbingly close to being accurate about the outside world's view of them. Self-awareness colliding with aggies is as elusive as finding the white stag or El Dorado, so this is probably as close as one of them will get.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

FqQOHOlXoAE84J2?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOHrAWcAIc5QJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOIGUWIAASd7J?format=jpg&name=medium

The notion that Texas is a JAG due to potential on-field performance shows the depths of this group's collective ignorance. If on-field performance affected brand, revenue, power, and fanbase size, Texas would have been relegated to the Raycom Sports and the Sun Belt years ago.

Also, their willful ignorance around the relationship between Texas, Alabama, and the SEC admin is borderline stunning. Outside of alignment with OU, Texas' closest ally in the entire process of moving to the SEC has been Alabama. They fucking influenced recruiting us across the board. 

All of this makes me wonder, does anyone know what online Arkansas fans think of us joining the SEC? I'm talking beyond the usual shit talking and more into this bizarre notion that Texas is going to show up, start big dicking everyone and subsequently destroying the conference or that we control the NCAA or media or whatever. I don't see much of that en masse from the okies, but how Arkansas folks see it might be interesting. @Don Johnson Not sure of any other pig fans around here these days to @. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They're right about the LSU shit. I don't blame any school for not giving a shit after the NCAA has done nothing while having absolute proof of wrongdoing at multiple schools over the past decade, even ATM. 

Some of them are also disturbingly close to being accurate about the outside world's view of them. Self-awareness colliding with aggies is as elusive as finding the white stag or El Dorado, so this is probably as close as one of them will get.

The notion that Texas is a JAG due to potential on-field performance shows the depths of this group's collective ignorance. If on-field performance affected brand, revenue, power, and fanbase size, Texas would have been relegated to the Raycom Sports and the Sun Belt years ago.

Also, their willful ignorance around the relationship between Texas, Alabama, and the SEC admin is borderline stunning. Outside of alignment with OU, Texas' closest ally in the entire process of moving to the SEC has been Alabama. They fucking influenced recruiting us across the board. 

All of this makes me wonder, does anyone know what online Arkansas fans think of us joining the SEC? I'm talking beyond the usual shit talking and more into this bizarre notion that Texas is going to show up, start big dicking everyone and subsequently destroying the conference or that we control the NCAA or media or whatever. I don't see much of that en masse from the okies, but how Arkansas folks see it might be interesting. @Don Johnson Not sure of any other pig fans around here these days to @. 

@Longhornfrenzy have you seen anything on the pig boards? I'm curious now, it's a good question.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FqQOHOlXoAE84J2?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOHrAWcAIc5QJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFqQOIGUWIAASd7J?format=jpg&name=medium

They really struggle with understanding:

a. they should have been given the death penalty in the 90s but were not because of the SMU fallout

b. they get investigated for cheating because, and hear me out on this, they're cheating

c. it's their tiny dick syndrome and "Woe is me" attitude that leads them to cheat so they can "level the playing field" in their own minds

Hell, remember when that fucktard (Telcoag) tried to prove that Vince Young was cheating just like Johnny Manziel did, getting paid on the side openly? Of course he only proved the opposite. Everyone does not cheat like they feel compelled to. Even most teams' recruiting reporters do not recruit for the school like theirs do.

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I was there that day and I still cannot wrap my head around what kind of sociopath does something like that to people who just happen to be wearing another color. Fucking lunatic.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 5

Good lord, their extreme victim complex is astounding and embarrassing (“nobody likes us, we’re always the target, it’s all a big conspiracy against us, blah blah blah”).

For a bunch that prides itself on being salt-of-the-earth tough guys, they sure do feel very sorry for themselves and go to asinine, delusional extremes to blame everyone else for their shortcomings. What a bunch of goddamned weenies. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Good lord, their extreme victim complex is astounding and embarrassing (“nobody likes us, we’re always the target, it’s all a big conspiracy against us, blah blah blah”).

For a bunch that prides itself on being salt-of-the-earth tough guys, they sure do feel very sorry for themselves and go to asinine, delusional extremes to blame everyone else for their shortcomings. What a bunch of goddamned weenies. 

Well, they're right that nobody likes them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Hell, remember when that fucktard (Telcoag) tried to prove that Vince Young was cheating just like Johnny Manziel did, getting paid on the side openly? Of course he only proved the opposite. Everyone does not cheat like they feel compelled to. Even most teams' recruiting reporters do not recruit for the school like theirs do.

It is funny to go on Texags and ask the status of Telcoag's data dump.  The one he never released because it proved Manziel was selling thousands of autographed items.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

It is funny to go on Texags and ask the status of Telcoag's data dump.  The one he never released because it proved Manziel was selling thousands of autographed items.

He did finally admit as much, even though he never actually released the data.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

That said, I think it's universally thought that OU is fucking up big time.  They will probably end up closer to Arkansas.  Collecting a big check but competing every year with a lot of programs that have every built in advantage possible.

agree. and from what I understand, ou is the one that wanted/initiated this move.

22 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Honestly, big story at the time but, since announced, it hasn't really been discussed a bunch on the Arkansas boards.  We have enough shit to deal with.  And there's a wide range of opinions on it, but none that are scared that Texas is going to start big dicking everyone in the SEC.  I'm not trying to say that in an insulting way, I just don't think anyone thinks that's possible.  I'm sure Texas will have their years, but its now 16 schools, most of whom are fully committed to athletics.  Its highly competitive and I don't know what leverage Texas would have to start "big dicking" anyone.  Texas is going to be a great addition in football, basketball and baseball to go along with a lot of great football, basketball and baseball programs already in the SEC.  

So you get opinions ranging from "this is good for the SEC, more $$ for us" to "Anything that hurts A&M is good" to "I'm looking forward to renewing the rivalry every season" to "they're going to get their shit pushed in" to  "Great, Texas is rolling on the schedule, now maybe Bama will roll off?"

That said, I think it's universally thought that OU is fucking up big time.  They will probably end up closer to Arkansas.  Collecting a big check but competing every year with a lot of programs that have every built in advantage possible.

Fair. I think most people inherently think that our AD is run by Darth Sideous and we are out to rule the galaxy. I don't think the outcome would be any different if say Ohio State or USC were in the B12 instead of us. They would probably have been forced into many of the same situations that we were. P.S. Pay no attention to that NIL death star over there. 

48 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Texas is going to be a great addition in football, basketball and baseball to go along with a lot of great football, basketball and baseball programs already in the SEC.

We're better in most other sports than in those three. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"...never lie, cheat, or steal."

UNLESS - you can litigate it long enough for people to get tired of it. 

Or you can imply - or straight out claim - that others are doing it too. 

Or you think you can get away with it. 

Or if it makes your school look good - or, of course, if it makes those "durn 'sips" look bad.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The thing I think even our rivals can understand, that these absolute lunatics on the aggie boards do not, is that Texas is fucking tired of being big target and water carrier. OU on some level is in the same boat. There's fatigue at the AD level. People are genuinely relieved to be heading to a conference that top to bottom can wash its own face across numerous sports. 

No one at Texas expects to win everything all of the time in the SEC, but everyone paying attention expects Texas to continue to win at a national level in every sport except football and women's soccer, and those are expected to get their shit together. That pressure and use of resources, with all of our other competitive advantages, does lead to the expectation that Texas should be winning the Director's Cup or finishing near the top every year.

That's not entitlement, but a realization that results short of that means people at Texas aren't doing their job. That's due to the thinking that Texas is about to have every single competitive advantage possible now that it is also enabling for the payment of players across sports.

Stupid sip.  How is this Germain?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

image.thumb.png.75643514d6979ce3189465832e7ae18f.png

luke-sky-walker.gif

Lake Travis has a better indoor practice facility than The Bubble, but of course it's not the full range of Texas football facilities. The Bubble is a crime against God and needs to be burned to the MFing ground, but saying Pyle is better than DKR is a stretch. How bout, we don't have bat shit EVERYWHERE. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

While I agree with the general premise, wut?

If I recall, Achane was somewhat open to UT, but wanted to play RB and Herman wouldn’t entertain it.  At all.  Dude was small but clearly a talented kid.  So he went and kept aggy in 50% of their games for several years instead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The primary thing I disliked about the rivalry, (yes it's a goddamned rivalry, ask anybody with one, just one aggy in their family before 2011) was the aggy march on the Capitol + yell practice. I know we need to mend some broken egos, but that was ridiculous. Let them jerk each other off in the soccer stadium. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

If I recall, Achane was somewhat open to UT, but wanted to play RB and Herman wouldn’t entertain it.  At all.  Dude was small but clearly a talented kid.  So he went and kept aggy in 50% of their games for several years instead. 

Yea I mean had Bijan locked up so pretty reasonable 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

yeah, Herman really fucked up the RB position at Texas.....

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea I mean had Bijan locked up so pretty reasonable 

He was locked in and Achane was an “athlete”.  Yeah kid, I’ll give you a shot behind our feature back isn’t difficult.    Wouldn’t trade him for Bijan, but would have been nice for a change of pace speedy back and it wasn’t an either or situation.  It’s more the not even considering it a possibility that pretty much sums up Herman.  Dude ran all over the SEC behind shit lines and will be one of the first handful of backs taken.  I get not wanting to risk it for Evans, but Achane was a low risk high reward. 

Weigman is talented, but he absolutely locked up under pressure last season. When he was under pressure he sprayed the ball all over the place. I would anticipate him to be better this year, but if that OL stays shitty his ceiling will only be moderately higher than last year. 

Needs more jump pass drills u stoopid sip
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 9:24 AM, Hook1997 said:

Win loss record doesn’t mean it’s not a rivalry, by that logic OU wouldn’t call us a football rival the last several years.  We have a thread with 1052 pages on aggy, way more then the same for any other school.  Saying they aren’t a rival is kinda acting like them.  

Well, hell, they provide more material than any five other schools combined. 

They’re a team Texas had to play. Doesn’t scratch the surface of OU or even Arkansas back in the day. You don’t want to lose because they’re annoying as fuck when they win, but that’s Baylor, Tech, or whoever, too. 

I'm getting more and more appreciative of their firm belief that if they are pushed too far that Jimbo and the "boys in bright" will expose all the dirt they have on Alabama and Texas and anyone else who has tasted success.  They're just holding onto all that information and haven't disclosed it, I guess because of a gentleman's agreement. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread