Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Would they rather us kick a FG?  Handing off to your 5th string true freshman RB behind our all backup OL is not running up the score.

I mean after we got that first down we could have just taken a knee and the game would have been over. They weren’t going to call time outs or anything.

But fuck them, you find out if you fuck around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

50 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Sark is nice to a fault.  I would consider looking in the mirror to figure out what I did that pissed that guy off so much he was going for it on 4th down when Texas was up 50-7 and there was 45 seconds left in the game.

True. Though it felt like he was letting mostly freshmen play those last few minutes just to get snaps and Tech still couldn’t stop anything. There was no letup from backups which was nice to see. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I think there’s a little bit of a misperception about Sarkisian that this post highlights. He’s less of a “nice guy” and more of a “good guy”. He’s got killer instinct and isn’t an overly nice dude. I mean, he’s nice in person, and not some asshole grouch like Fisher or Saban, but he’s not “pushover nice” and will step on your throat if he can and it’s worth it. 
I get the same impression. It's all good until you fuck with him and then it's gloves off.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ousux said:
43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:
I think there’s a little bit of a misperception about Sarkisian that this post highlights. He’s less of a “nice guy” and more of a “good guy”. He’s got killer instinct and isn’t an overly nice dude. I mean, he’s nice in person, and not some asshole grouch like Fisher or Saban, but he’s not “pushover nice” and will step on your throat if he can and it’s worth it. 

I get the same impression. It's all good until you fuck with him and then it's gloves off.

Agree.  I think, as Prime would say, he, "keeps receipts".  Campbell and ISU lineman talk shit, OK, Sweat and Murphy are captains.   Joey HS and Yormark talk shit, OK - eat a 50 point beatdown and play comish comments on the Jumbo-Tron ( I guarantee Sark had input on that decision).  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's 4.5 million and reduced by 500k each year on the contract....so it's currently 4 million.

77 million plus 4 million plus 11ish million for assistants, plus new contracts all around. Is this a $150 million dollar swing for Mark Stoops?

37 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Looch is going to spread that aggy turned stoops down due to their fan base???? Why would you do that? Why not just let it die quietly? 

happy dumb and dumber GIF

The same reason they thought it was a sign of how desirable the job was to list all the possible candidates that were somehow remotely linked to the job....

Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm really, really happy to hear you say this. IIRC, one of your big misgivings about Sark initially was questioning whether he was a "killer" or not. I think you referenced early Mack on the recruiting trail and in his dealing with the press as an example.

You're obviously far more in the know than I will ever be so hearing you say that Sark does, in fact, have some of that that killer instinct that coaches like pre-decline Mack had (among many, many other great ones) gives me a lot of hope for the future. I sincerely hope Sark hangs onto whatever he's found.