Game Week, Rice edition

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

It has been plenty loud for big games

That night game vs Missouri was crazy loud

The LSU game was loud

The ND game was loud

Getting crazy for Rice, on the heels of getting Arky balls dragged across their face on national TV? Not going to happen.

When team is winning or it is a big game (GameDay on campus, cool opponent eg) the fans show up.

A 7-8 win Texas team playing a sub par Big 12 team or a shitty OOC team, it will never be a loud stadium for that.

Yeah...sure it CAN be loud.  I've been there for a handful of some of the best crowds:

UH-1990

Ricky's Run in 98

WVU- 2012

ND-2016

Those were all awesome.

That should be the norm for Texas, not the exception.

But, it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I mean, c'mon.  You can't expect to beat Rice every year.

Can't really tell in that but it was played in the middle of a tropical storm.

Also, what's with the horrendous video quality?  The game was in 1994 not 1894.  It looks worse than old footage of games from the 60s.

Edited by nunna yo bizness

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

No kool aid at all until 10 wins.  Period.  Never again.  I've been telling myself since the turtle debut.

Nevar.

Again.

Show me 10 wins, then I will drink freely.

Until then, Parcells.

This game tomorrow is only meaningful in negative ways.

If we cover, we did what we were supposed to but no kool aid.

Anything else, and it's not positive.

Ever year, I drink the Koolaid.  I tell myself in preseason, no do not drink.  But i read the $9.95 er's practise praise and I am like Charlie Brown trusting Lucy will not pull the football this time.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

For sure, didn't make an exhaustive list here but USC was loud

Ricky's record breaking run vs Aggy was crazy loud game

the Nebraska games were loud etc

We have had 10 years of shitty football and unlike some campuses where there is nothing else to do in town, Austin offers a fuckload of distractions.

There was some noise in this Texas Tech game too.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Yeah...sure it CAN be loud.  I've been there for a handful of some of the best crowds:

UH-1990

Ricky's Run in 98

WVU- 2012

ND-2016

Those were all awesome.

That should be the norm for Texas, not the exception.

But, it is what it is.

Jeffcoat's forced fumble near the endzone? Loudest I ever heard DKR. Im also under 30 years old 

• Like 1

I’ve wasted a fucking decade of time, money and hope on this sorry fucking program. Fuck this sorry ass athletic department that never has its shit together and is always two steps behind.
Fuck Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, Steve Sarkisian.
And fuck you Mack Brown for ruining what should have been a dynasty because you lost a game.
I’m not wasting any more of my life on this bullshit. Fuck it all.
wellbye.gif 

Now this is what I call a hot sports opinion…

I guess this is the game where’s its close for three quarters because Rice is playing like feisty night birds ams we squeak by…

17 hours ago, SpongeBob said:

Ever year, I drink the Koolaid.  I tell myself in preseason, no do not drink.  But i read the $9.95 er's practise praise and I am like Charlie Brown trusting Lucy will not pull the football this time.

I wasn't surprised at the result last weekend.  The $9.95ers will do whatever they can to generate clicks and keep their machine going.  It's nauseating at this point.  I'm more apathetic to Texas Football to the point where I'm not worried if I get to watch the game tonight.  Hell, last night was the first time I checked to see when we play today.  I don't have an LHN subscription so I probably won't even watch it.  I didn't even watch the second half of the game last weekend.  I don't think I've done that since the TCU game in Ft. Worth with Kris Boyd tweeting at halftime. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

I'm sure it's a repost, but what a quality video! @Texas Homer My 5yr old's gmail account thumbs upped your video, something I would normally never leave an internet trail. Please share these videos. They need more views.

Opening line bothers me. Ark didn’t go 4 DL to trick Texas. They went 4 DL, because Rice runs the Stanford offense predicated on running the football. It’s called a smart defensive game plan. It’s an irony that isn’t lost on me 

Edited by Codaxx

On 9/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Goddamit this is so frustrating to keep reading from you young 'uns. It is, and always has been, almost exactly like OU and until we start acting like it down here, we will be punked again and again by these assholes in the SEC. Yes every team does want to beat us but Arky is off the charts level. I don't think Mack understood it at first, either. 

What, do you find it unseemly for almighty TEXAS to have to actually concern ourselves with yet another yokel state's football team? Does the prospect of two major rivalry games in one season not compute for you? Well, get used to it because come SEC times we will be having three every year. 

They HATE us and play like it. We dismiss them as just another opponent and get out intensitied and ratfucked. 

EXACTLY EVERYTHING IN THIS POST! WHEN WILL THE COACHING STAFFS AND THE MAJORITY OF MILLENNIALS AND ZOOMER KIDS FULLY GRASP THAT ARKANSAS ABSOLUTELY HATES TEXAS! It's a tale as old as time. If our kids and coaches don't grasp that concept and treat it like OU when we join the SEC, Arky will continue to push us around. I was at the 2004 game as a middle schooler when we beat them and I never feared more for my life. Another time in 2009 I was coming back from a conference in Indiana. The bus stopped at a Flying J/one of those random trucker stops in Arkansas just outside of Little Rock. A few kids had UT hats on and were about to get off the bus and go inside. I told them to take off their hats before going in because of the Arky-Texas hate. They thought I was full of shit. I took their hats off and said, "UNLESS YOU WANT TO FUCKING DIE OR GET HARRASSED, DO NOT WEAR YOUR LONGHORN HATS IN THERE! EVERYONE IN THIS STATE HATES US!"  They found out the hard way as all the Arky hicks were giving them dirty looks, cussing them and flipped em off. 

In conclusion, ARKANSAS HATE FOR UT IS AS REAL AS IT GETS AND IS NEVER GOING AWAY.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Texas vs Rice Depth Chart - I just swapped Casey and Hudson. Didn't make any changes to (# of starts).

It's been reported a lot of players are likely to get rotated in to play so the full roster might be handy as well.

Texas Depth Chart vs Rice - Game 3_2021.pdf 64.24 kB · 1 download Texas Football Roster _ 09-08-2021.pdf 62.34 kB · 0 downloads

I really appreciate you posting these every week! Hook em from the dark side! 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I wasn't surprised at the result last weekend.  The $9.95ers will do whatever they can to generate clicks and keep their machine going.  It's nauseating at this point.  I'm more apathetic to Texas Football to the point where I'm not worried if I get to watch the game tonight.  Hell, last night was the first time I checked to see when we play today.  I don't have an LHN subscription so I probably won't even watch it.  I didn't even watch the second half of the game last weekend.  I don't think I've done that since the TCU game in Ft. Worth with Kris Boyd tweeting at halftime. 

This right here.

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Texas vs Rice Depth Chart - I just swapped Casey and Hudson. Didn't make any changes to (# of starts).

It's been reported a lot of players are likely to get rotated in to play so the full roster might be handy as well.

Texas Depth Chart vs Rice - Game 3_2021.pdf 64.24 kB · 4 downloads Texas Football Roster _ 09-08-2021.pdf 62.34 kB · 0 downloads

Sooo okafor and Jones still starting eh? God dammit 

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Let's do what Scottish Guy actually predicts us to do and win 62-3

I remember a time when Texas winning matchups like this 62-3 actually happened regularly.

It was a lot of fun getting to watch all the 3rd and 4th stringers dominate in the second half because it was 49-0 at the half.

51 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sooo okafor and Jones still starting eh? God dammit 

This was posted by satyanash in the 2022 recruiting thread. For brevity, I've left out the recruiting stuff, but looks like we might see some other players rotated in ... 9.95 so take it for what it's worth:

(Eric Nahlin) Humidor: Important game for evaluation; Thompson’s 1st start; key Saturday visitors

TEAM

The story of this game is it’s expected to be used for evaluation purposes ahead of the start of conference play. While you won’t see many changes to the starting lineup, you will see a large percentage of the roster hit the field. All snaps matter, even if the game is well out of hand. The coaches didn’t want to make a lot of changes this week because “one game doesn’t define them.” That’s a little inconsistent with the quarterback change, however, read the first sentence above. When asked how the team reacted to the quarterback change, IT received an audible shoulder shrug. “Players need to worry about doing their own job. The mindset is no different than if a player is injured and someone else comes in.”

* Coaching: To a man, the coaches were filled with much more piss and vinegar than normal. There was a noticeable uptick in intensity, even from the normally reserved Steve Sarkisian and Pete Kwiatkowski.

* OL: Jones-Okafor-Majors-Angilau-Kerstetter: We’re fully expecting the starting group from last week to remain unchanged. We’ll definitely see Andrej Karic at left or right tackle and should also see freshman Hayden Conner. Both received snaps on the left side of the o-line this week. Both are expected to rotate in throughout the game. We might see Isaiah Hookfin relatively early as well. The most positive thing IT heard this week was Jones and Kerstetter playing with more aggression. Many in the program were pissed about the o-line not retaliating when Card was hit late. Maybe that got through to them. Communication allegedly improved this week but who knows. They did do a better job of picking up blitzes. At least one of the things Rice can do is test o-line communication.

* The QB Room: From the no duh department, Casey Thompson is excited for his first start. We’re not sure when Hudson Card will enter the game, but he'll definitely play. Sources say Sark is doing what he thinks is best for the team right now, especially if the offensive line doesn't hold up better. As for how they practiced, they practiced how they’ve been practicing.

* Wide receivers Kelvontay Dixon and Marcus Washington had some run with the 1s this week. Both practiced well.

* As we said, the hope is it will be an ‘empty the bench’ type of game. With that in mind, a number of guys rotated with the ones at some point. E.g., Dele Adeoye and Devin Richardson got reps at linebacker.

* We should see more young players receive snaps. Names mentioned specifically were: OL Hayden Conner, TE Juan Davis, CB Jamier Johnson, EDGE Barryn Sorrell, LB Terrance Cooks II, and EDGE Derrick Harris.

* We’ll see a lot of base defense this weekend, so that means an extra linebacker and no nickel. We still might see Anthony Cook at safety. This will likely be a good game to see Tyler Owens behind BJ Foster.

* On offense, it sounds like the scheme is mostly unchanged but there are things already in place they can lean into more heavily with Thompson getting the start. We do believe they’ll run wide more than we saw in Fayetteville. There may be a new gap scheme or two in place as well.

* Injuries: Cornerback Jahdae Barron and wide receiver Troy Omeire will miss Saturday's game. Kitan Crawford will see snaps in Barron's place. Omeire has been practicing lately, and we believe he could play in a pinch, but no reason to rush him. Omeire is still building back confidence in his knee. A lot of players have aches and pains that could possibly be exacerbated by playing but that’s football.

* Returning: Jared Wiley. He practiced some this week and is still expected to be limited. This isn’t really the week to test his shoulder/pec.

* Source also said he's not sure what Texas will find out about itself vs Rice. It should be an ‘identity game’. How do they bounce back after a tough loss. This is an easy game to come out flat and play down to the competition — they obviously don’t want that. They need a solid, decisive win centered around clean play.

The story of this game is it’s expected to be used for evaluation purposes ahead of the start of conference play. While you won’t see many changes to the starting lineup, you will see a large percentage of the roster hit the field. All snaps matter, even if the game is well out of hand. The coaches didn’t want to make a lot of changes this week because “one game doesn’t define them.” That’s a little inconsistent with the quarterback change, however, read the first sentence above. When asked how the team reacted to the quarterback change, IT received an audible shoulder shrug. “Players need to worry about doing their own job. The mindset is no different than if a player is injured and someone else comes in.”

* Coaching: To a man, the coaches were filled with much more piss and vinegar than normal. There was a noticeable uptick in intensity, even from the normally reserved Steve Sarkisian and Pete Kwiatkowski.

* OL: Jones-Okafor-Majors-Angilau-Kerstetter: We’re fully expecting the starting group from last week to remain unchanged. We’ll definitely see Andrej Karic at left or right tackle and should also see freshman Hayden Conner. Both received snaps on the left side of the o-line this week. Both are expected to rotate in throughout the game. We might see Isaiah Hookfin relatively early as well. The most positive thing IT heard this week was Jones and Kerstetter playing with more aggression. Many in the program were pissed about the o-line not retaliating when Card was hit late. Maybe that got through to them. Communication allegedly improved this week but who knows. They did do a better job of picking up blitzes. At least one of the things Rice can do is test o-line communication.

* The QB Room: From the no duh department, Casey Thompson is excited for his first start. We’re not sure when Hudson Card will enter the game, but he'll definitely play. Sources say Sark is doing what he thinks is best for the team right now, especially if the offensive line doesn't hold up better. As for how they practiced, they practiced how they’ve been practicing.

* Wide receivers Kelvontay Dixon and Marcus Washington had some run with the 1s this week. Both practiced well.

* As we said, the hope is it will be an ‘empty the bench’ type of game. With that in mind, a number of guys rotated with the ones at some point. E.g., Dele Adeoye and Devin Richardson got reps at linebacker.

* We should see more young players receive snaps. Names mentioned specifically were: OL Hayden Conner, TE Juan Davis, CB Jamier Johnson, EDGE Barryn Sorrell, LB Terrance Cooks II, and EDGE Derrick Harris.

* We’ll see a lot of base defense this weekend, so that means an extra linebacker and no nickel. We still might see Anthony Cook at safety. This will likely be a good game to see Tyler Owens behind BJ Foster.

* On offense, it sounds like the scheme is mostly unchanged but there are things already in place they can lean into more heavily with Thompson getting the start. We do believe they’ll run wide more than we saw in Fayetteville. There may be a new gap scheme or two in place as well.

* Injuries: Cornerback Jahdae Barron and wide receiver Troy Omeire will miss Saturday's game. Kitan Crawford will see snaps in Barron's place. Omeire has been practicing lately, and we believe he could play in a pinch, but no reason to rush him. Omeire is still building back confidence in his knee. A lot of players have aches and pains that could possibly be exacerbated by playing but that’s football.

* Returning: Jared Wiley. He practiced some this week and is still expected to be limited. This isn’t really the week to test his shoulder/pec.

* Source also said he's not sure what Texas will find out about itself vs Rice. It should be an ‘identity game’. How do they bounce back after a tough loss. This is an easy game to come out flat and play down to the competition — they obviously don’t want that. They need a solid, decisive win centered around clean play.

Edited by sith_horn
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 6:24 AM, Thatguy said:

Here you go buddy. They will have it!!

http://yrsprts.stream/

Give them a cc and they charge you $1. Can't figure out if it's just a one time fee for access to this game and that's it or if  there's a recurring charge if you don't cancel. Got rid of uverse in January for xfinity and this is the first time I'm missing uverse and LHN.