Texas/ou 11am on ABC

Pancho

35 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I wish every game was 11 AM.

*ducks*

Honestly, it's kind of nice when you get used to it. Get up, eat some food, and get right into the game. If it's a bad outcome, you can move on to other shit and end your day on a better note. If it's a good one, you can start celebrating early or relax and enjoy other college football games. I don't mind it at all anymore.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I read on the food forum that tickets went from $0.50 to $1.00 this year. So six ticket ($3) beers are now $6 beers. Of course, everyone else’s prices would double too so still best value

I still have a bunch of coupons/tickets from 2019 left over.  Does that mean mine are now worth double their original value?  You know, like investing in Forever stamps?

Edit:  Just saw the article linked on the last page.

Edited by Texas St. Armadillos

7 hours ago, bluto said:

No they fucking didn’t double prices, coupons are dollar each but they didn’t leave the vendor coupon price boards at same level as previous years.

7 hours ago, TornACL said:

Can we stop with this fucking bullshit rumor please. For fucks sake. It's already been covered here. 

5 hours ago, Droopy said:

If your arriving to the Cotton Bowl sober, you’re doing it wrong. Buying 1-2 beers inside shouldn’t break your bankroll. (Gob voice) Come on! (Gob voice)

5 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

Sweet! The hundreds of old State Fair coupons I have just doubled in value!  Better than Bitcoin investing.

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/state-fair/2021/09/23/your-old-state-fair-of-texas-coupons-work-in-2021-and-theyve-doubled-in-value/

• Haha 2

First ten day forecasts showing this could be warmer than average by a decent margin. High of 85-87, probably high 70s at kick and increasing into the 80s during the game. Fortunately should be a pretty pleasant morning with lows well into the 60s and not particularly humid. Cooler would be nice, but could be worse.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:50 PM, Hermanator said:

Won't be open before the game but if you like mezcal then walk across the street to Las Almas Rotas after the game. Damn good place to chill and drink

Is there typically a long wait to eat there after the game?  I might go check it out.

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Yeah, you might wander into Deep Ellum and be hit up by some Californians

Stuart, you're gonna wanna take Lipscomb to the 45 or 75.  And then to the 30.  After that, turn on the First Avenue.  Oh, Esmerelda!  

5 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Is there typically a long wait to eat there after the game?  I might go check it out.

I don't think it was open yet when I last went to this game in 2018 so not sure. By 4-5 pm though you'd probably be able to get in. 

They have really good tacos and chips/guacamole too but it's expensive and they're tiny. Better as just a snack than a meal. 

Are Texas/ou tickets still exclusively 'Hard' tickets, and ain't talking about the front of my pants after a win. Have they moved to phone scanning as well? Or still pull the stub for the fair, scan the ticket for the game? How does this work in the secondary online market. I'm so used to just waiting for the tickets to drive up from Austin.

I'm looking for two.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Are Texas/ou tickets still exclusively 'Hard' tickets, and ain't talking about the front of my pants after a win. Have they moved to phone scanning as well? Or still pull the stub for the fair, scan the ticket for the game? How does this work in the secondary online market. I'm so used to just waiting for the tickets to drive up from Austin.

I'm looking for two.

I'm using a student ticket this year and it hasn't let me download mine yet, but it looks like they are electronic tickets this year.  My account says I can download them 48 hours before the game.  I assume it is because they don't want students selling their tickets.  

• Hook 'Em 1

We got 4 off Tickpick and they were digital tickets I had to claim through the Texas Sports website. These were some guy's season ticket holder tickets. I created an account, downloaded my ticket, and transferred the other tickets to the people going with me. Digital tickets with a barcode. I imagine when you get to the Fair gates, they will scan the barcode or just wave you through after looking at the ticket. The line to get into the Cotton Bowl is going to suck since every barcode will have to be scanned.

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Dumb question but does scanning a ticket take longer than handing over a paper ticket, ripping it, and handing it back? 

The average Cotton Bowl gate employee may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, to put it politely. Combine that with ticket holders that can't figure out how to pull up something on their phone. I'm just saying that getting there early is a wise idea. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The average Cotton Bowl gate employee may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, to put it politely. Combine that with ticket holders that can't figure out how to pull up something on their phone. I'm just saying that getting there early is a wise idea. 

The people who wait in a line for 10 minutes to get into the stadium, and then START pulling up their digital tickets when they're at the turnstile should be shot on sight. Get your fucking act together. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Dumb question but does scanning a ticket take longer than handing over a paper ticket, ripping it, and handing it back? 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It does when 50% of the people can't pull up the tickets on their phone and the scanner only works about 50% of the time.

49 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yes all of this, exactly.  Mobile tickets have been a clusterF at exactly 100% of sporting events I've used them at in the past year.

43 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The people who wait in a line for 10 minutes to get into the stadium, and then START pulling up their digital tickets when they're at the turnstile should be shot on sight. Get your fucking act together. 

Indeed they should be.  And yet they will continue to do this every time, because people suck and are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

which is why you put them in your wallet or take a screenshot, but alas, see above about shitty and stupid

Recently I went to a concert where a screenshot wouldn't work. They had a motion scan barcode and it wouldn't scan unless the motion was present. I wonder if these would be the same as that's the only event I've been to since 2019 and the first time I've seen that

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Recently I went to a concert where a screenshot wouldn't work. They had a motion scan barcode and it wouldn't scan unless the motion was present. I wonder if these would be the same as that's the only event I've been to since 2019 and the first time I've seen that

Interesting!  I def know people have used screenshots of other digital tickets that I've been with. I always just toss them in my wallet. 

36 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah we had ones like that for the USWNT soccer game here in Austin.  They specifically said "no screenshots."

Not surprisingly, entrance to that event was a disaster.

17 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

94 for a high on Saturday.

Ugh.

Yeah the forecast keeps trending warmer. A couple of saving graces at least:

1.) Kickoff and most of the game would be in the 80's at 11:00am

2.) Not particularly humid.

3.) Looks like it's expected to be pretty breezy.

That can make it tolerable. A whole week for this to change though.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, Red Five said:

I don't know about the Cotton Bowl, but it helps with analytics. I'm sure CDC is paying attention to who shows up and who doesn't.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, Red Five said:

It does is you're my wife who walks up to the gate, then decides to pull up the app, then has to log in, then forgets her password.  That would be last night's experience at a game.

2 years ago I had a pullover on. We had a nice cold front that hit Friday. It was like 65 at kick.

Yeah, I remember being livid I had to miss the game because I was in a wedding. A decade of hot or swampy RRS weather subsided for that and I had to miss it. Now back to your regularly scheduled 10 degrees above average

4 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

The vaunted ESPN matchup predicter, which has been shown to be right...well, at least once before (I think?)...gives us a 43% chance vs the land thieves.

I’d say that’s about right.