The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

Anyone care to offer up some predictions for the finale?

Serious guesses:

I don’t think we learn what Grogu decides - but if we do, he chooses Mando.

The war with the Pykes won’t be resolved but team Boba will be 100% all in including Boba himself - no more Mr Nice Guy.

I’m 50/50 on whether there’ll be another character reveal. If there is, I hope that it is not Han - I’m not really interested in that.

I would, however, like to see what Qira is up to and if she is still calling the shots for team Pyke.

Not serious:

Things go well with team Boba including an introduction to Omega and they are about to put their boot on the Pyke throat when Omega gets all distraught over a fallen technobiker that’s been left behind and defeat is snatched from the jaws of victory

25 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Anyone care to offer up some predictions for the finale?

Serious guesses:

• I don’t think we learn what Grogu decides - but if we do, he chooses Mando.
  • The war with the Pykes won’t be resolved but team Boba will be 100% all in including Boba himself - no more Mr Nice Guy.
  • I’m 50/50 on whether there’ll be another character reveal. If there is, I hope that it is not Han - I’m not really interested in that.
  • I would, however, like to see what Qira is up to and if she is still calling the shots for team Pyke.
  • I don't think we learn what Grogu decides either.  Those scenes felt like they were going to sideline Grogu for a while, to free up Mando to deal with Mandalore/Darksaber stuff.
  • I think the war with the Pykes will be mostly resolved (but the outcome will setup future shit), because it feels like with them bringing Mando in, severing ties between the Covert and Mando, showing a history of Mandalore's assault by the Empire, showing what Grogu is doing, and Mando doing Boba a favor, that Mando, Boba, Shand, and possibly a few others, will be heading off to deal with Mandalore/Darksaber stuff.
  • I think there will be something to do with Cad Bane that will bring in maybe one more character at the end, but I think it's more about setting up future shit for Boba or possibly some Thrawn shit with Ahsoka.   You don't bring in Cad Bane for just two episodes.  I don't think the character will be Han Solo or anything approaching that level.

As for Omega, she was mentioned in Rogue One, so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How many episodes of clone wars was he in?

10-12 depending on how you count:

https://clonewars.fandom.com/wiki/Cad_Bane#Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars

Also a couple of episodes of The Bad Batch.

He's one of those characters that they could use to link the story to something bigger off of Tatooine.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

10-12 depending on how you count:

https://clonewars.fandom.com/wiki/Cad_Bane#Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars

Also a couple of episodes of The Bad Batch.

He's one of those characters that they could use to link the story to something bigger off of Tatooine.

Thanks. I looked on wiki and while they describe his episodes, they don’t just have them listed. I got bored and gave up. 

I’m still waiting for the Pykes to do something formidable. A chicken shit bombing doesn’t inspire fear, and they did nothing in the Clone Wars /Solo to entrench themselves as Star Wars villains. 

We also know the syndicate don’t exist when the The Force Awakens occurs. Hopefully, they do something cool and go out with a bang. 

More likely, the show will lean on Cad Bane hired gun badassery. 

I guess nothing is really off limits now with Deep Fakes and voice synthesizers, but no Leia please. I could live with Han and Chewie coming back if it’s done correctly. 

Hopes:

- Black K goes apeshit and we see him breaking backs and tearing off arms. 

- Mando figures out how to wield the Darksaber. 

- The Ghost and her crew show up and save the day. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

54 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait wut?

'Mark Omega' was one of the Imperial projects that Jyn Erso mentioned when looking through the computer at whatever intel they were grabbing at the Imperial facility.

We saw the Ghost and Chopper in Rogue One.  Hera Syndulla (from Rebels) was acquainted with Omega, and Hera appeared in The Bad Batch.

The Bad Batch were already present in rough animated story reels that were shown to fans in early 2015 at a Star Wars celebration event or whatever on The Clone Wars, and they were conceived well before Rogue One even had a finished script or had started shooting.

Again, could be a coincidence, but that's one helluva coincidence that they'd slide in a mention of a top secret Imperial project with the name of "Omega" at a time when the Bad Batch had already been conceived and even had rough story reels created for The Clone Wars.

43 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Imagine the disappointment when 2009 you finds out this isn't from the sequel trilogy.

Jokes on you.  I didnt go back and watch Clone Wars or Rebels until I realized I needed to via Mando.  2009 me would have just been confused.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Guess I'm that guy. All of that stuff that Filoni has done, this is the by far the weakest. I wonder how much this series is written by him vs Fav. This was a bad series with bad directing. Even the Mando couldn't save this series. It had it's moments but yea, as a whole it sucked.

Bryce and Filoni's 5 and 6 were good and I thought the season was going to be salvaged. Then Rodriguez came back and added the his distinct shittastic touch. There is no defending the trash he creates

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

BRUH.  chewblacka is gangsta man!!!

my 2 bodyguards tho.... :(  

I was waiting to see them try and load Chewblacka on their vespas. Just unbelievable that with all the tech, resources, and budget available they let Rodriguez do his crud. The vespa hipster girl repeatedly is standing up, clulessly looking off to nowhere during the take cover shootouts. Almost like the actress thought she wasnt involved in the scene or in the shot.

I have not watched the last episode yet but catching up on this thread.

This line of thinking has always bothered me.  Start with this

On 1/20/2022 at 7:00 PM, Surly Bevo said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  Boba Fett had like 4 lines in the whole OG trilogy and then a Wilhelm Scream when he goes into the Sarlaac Pit.  There was nothing really established about his character outside of his desire to catch his latest bounty....alive.  

Plus

On 1/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, Nivek said:

Supposedly he was a well known bounty hunter that caught the attention of Vader/Empire.   Clone-Wars Boba was a bit more accomplished than the one we saw in film.  So his name should hold some weight.   Vader hired him to help trap Luke, not to capture Solo.  It seems that Fett assisted on that front and was told to fuck off by Vader after he got Solo.  It was Vader that failed the trap, or that the trap was too basic for Luke at that stage.  

and this

On 1/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, mdmost said:

Hold on a minute. We really have someone questioning Boba's skills as a bounty hunter? Boba Fett in Empire tracked down the MF when the entire Imperial fleet could not. He then followed them towards Bespin and signaled for Vader to conspicuously drop in and lay the trap. Fett didn't need anyone to help him catch Han. The entire plot point for finding the MF was to find and torture Luke's friends to bring him to Vader and either take Luke to the Emperor or offer him the deal to betray the Emperor. Fett then got Han as payment since the price on Han's head from Jabba was massive.

So why in RoTJ when Luke comes to Jabba and is captured doesn't bad ass Boba take prisoner Luke to Vader for more reward instead of going along with Jabba's plan of the Sarlac pit?

On 1/22/2022 at 12:54 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Mando:  meets various people throughout the season and then collects them into an A-team for a big mission

book of boba:  meets people throughout his travels (first two during mando seasons, now Wookiee).  Insinuation of purchasing the rest of the team. Big mission is to kill the pykes?  That’s more of a war than a mission. 

and

On 1/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, BluTechsan said:

There’s a rag tag group of warriors out there made up of Boba’s brothers and sister known as the Bad Batch. 

And it just so happens that Fennec knows all about them.

Bets on the total number in the group for the mission being 12 or 13? I'll find out today.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, CooterBrown said:

There was a rumor a few years ago of someone pitching a D+ series of the original trilogy from the Empire's perspective. The main beats from the OG trilogy would be there but you wouldn't really get to know the Rebels. They'd just be more like a terrorist organization from the POV of the Empire. It never got any traction but it's an interesting concept IMO.

I thought that was a plot for a video game.

Edited by TexasEd

Yep Rodriguez needs to get relegated to emergency guest director. It was a mistake to give him his own show.

Spoiler

That said, I did enjoy the episode. We got a Rancor fighting battlebots and Grogu’s decision. Everything else was gravy. 

I do have some notes: 

- Are all the Tuskens truly dead? If true the Pykes wiped out many more tribes. If they’re out there, you’d think they show up for a tribesmen when he needed them. 

- No more Power Rangers. Nothing about them looks right for Star Wars. 

- How did Black K escape? It looks like he pinned down. 

- Don’t bring Cad Bane back. There needs to be consequences in Star Wars. He got impaled in the chest. He’s dead. 

- It looks like a Boba Season 2 is an almost certainty. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

When that train pulled away, right out of Once Upon a Time in the West’s opening.
And for a moment I hoped Mando and Boba were going to pull a Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. I was totally fine with that.

That defense seems like it was planned by the two captains on 1883.