[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is dumb. Nobody is saying he sucks, they are accurately saying he's playing poorly today. Missed reads (very unusual for him), bad decisions, bad throws. Hell his first almost pick was just an awful throw well behind the receiver that the LB got both hands on. That pass should have been 5+ yards further right toward the sideline. 

Have you read all the comments? I've seen several comments that exactly say "Casey sucks!". And several more that are calling for card like they forgot how he played against arkie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Love Casey, he needs to start.  

but why do his deep balls seem like moon shots that just hang in the air forever. Is his arm not as strong as it should be?

I commented on this to a friend at the game last Sat.  He's got the bullet pass and the lob and nothing in between.

but why do his deep balls seem like moon shots that just hang in the air forever. Is his arm not as strong as it should be?

that's how you let your WR run under it.  Russell Wilson does it perfectly.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fat Pat has made a lot of our QBs look bad.  If I'm Sark my whole halftime speech is, "Guys, we're all better than this, let's show it in the second half."

hate to talk about his weight, but what the hell is happening to that guy. 

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fat Pat has made a lot of our QBs look bad.  If I'm Sark my whole halftime speech is, "Guys, we're all better than this, let's show it in the second half."

Yep. They schemed the FBS TD leader into 3 picks last week. 

They haven't given Casey as many wide open receivers but then again Casey hasn't had a lot of time to throw. 

I don't think his arm is terribly strong. Anything over 15ish yards it seems he has to float. I also wonder if his hands are a little small

• Like 1

Just now, hornsm said:

game 5 and we haven't improved at anything.

I dunno, our OL play looks a little better than the first couple games of the year.  Getting an okay pass rush, not good but not abyssmal.  

But yeah, we're in the middle "heart" of the season and we're only about where Herman left us.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

And additionally, Sarkisian does some better playcalling and gives Casey carte blanche to scramble when the pass isn't there.

2 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

If that’s true, that’s stupid. TCU was panicking and called TO cause they had 9 players on the field. 

its the rule and logical.  if they hold a review after you call a TO you get it back because in theory you wouldn't have needed to call TO.

• Hook 'Em 1