Gameday coming to Dallas, beeches

Tom Chairman

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Big Noon Kickoff is a better show anyway. It was better with Urban than with Stoops but it’s still pretty good. 

Agreed. Big Noon is so much better. Better analysis, non-biased and I like that they have other trucks that stop at other key games around the country. Plus, no Bear, no Corso, no Herbie.

• Hook 'Em 3

So that I don't get harassed or have any trouble or lip service from the state fair folks, I'm calling the admin office to get an email in writing stating that I can bring my signs into the fairgrounds. In 2018 a few workers wouldn't let me in with a sign saying that "you can't bring signs in." I explained to them and their boss that ESPN gameday is here and that yes, for today only signs were allowed. The head woman in charge looked at them and said, "oh yeah those are just foam board, you can bring them in." The only thing they confiscated was the pole attached to it. 

16 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck Gameday. All those dudes are ass clowns who shit on Texas every chance they fucking get. They can all EABOD.

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

You should show up with sign that reads "I could be home watching Big Noon Kickoff"

Made a sign that you can use @BrazilHorn

2F7B912C-1BDA-4983-B7A3-39A7D5C2AC5B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

We’re playing our greatest .. and arguably most despised … rival and some of you want to give aggy rent free bullshit?  Fuck that …

All of this ^

Anyone brings an aggy sign should get their fan card pulled. Some of you seem a little aggy

• Like 2

For a Big 12 TX/OU matchup, especially if it were in a Big 12 CCG, a facetious SEC chant would actually be pretty hilarious. Once we’re actually playing in the SEC though, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it would just be hilarious to chant in unison with the meth mob

GTFO
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does College Gameday ever follow the same team 2 weeks in a row?

Because with a few not unlikely outcomes (LSU>UK, OM>Ark, UGa>Aub), if Texas beats OU, where else can ESPN really go on the 16th besides Austin? Waco? Are we on Fox or ESPN for oSu?

50625ed395183d56f39aa8cc306007e5.jpg

• Like 1

We'll find out today if oSu is a Fox Big Noon game. Fox hasn't had us yet for Big Noon since they didn't get to pick Texas OU this year so they'll definitely want to go with a Texas game while they still have a chance. 

Gameday will go to Cincinnati. Not a great matchup but a great story in CFB. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We'll find out today if oSu is a Fox Big Noon game. Fox hasn't had us yet for Big Noon since they didn't get to pick Texas OU this year so they'll definitely want to go with a Texas game while they still have a chance. 

Cincy... they Big 12 ready! lol 

43 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Because with a few not unlikely outcomes (LSU>UK, OM>Ark, UGa>Aub), if Texas beats OU, where else can ESPN really go on the 16th besides Austin? Waco? Are we on Fox or ESPN for oSu?

UK @ UGA once UK beats LSU this week.

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Greenspoint said Klatt tweeted Fox would be in Austin for OK State at 11am so yeah I bet it’s Big Noon 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Made a sign that you can use @BrazilHorn

2F7B912C-1BDA-4983-B7A3-39A7D5C2AC5B.jpeg

I am in. Although I think Leinart, Bush and Stoops are all POS as well. ESPN though has always brought the Texas hate going back to when they annointed the 2005 USC team the team of the century and did that whole series on "Would this USC team beat X NFL Super Bowl team or the Luftwaffe" shit they did.

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

I give you 2008.

October 5 ... #5Texas' epic win over #1 Blowu in the Cotton Bowl.

October 12 ... #11Missouri going to Austin and in one of the louder home games since the 1991 Houston game at DKR, lost to #1 Texas.

November 1 ... #1 Texas at #6 Texas Tceh 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

I give you 2008.

October 5 ... #5Texas' epic win over #1 Blowu in the Cotton Bowl.

October 12 ... #11Missouri going to Austin and in one of the louder home games since the 1991 Houston game at DKR, lost to #1 Texas.

November 1 ... #1 Texas at #6 Texas Tceh 

And I was at 2 of those gamedays. No Lubbock. Fuck that shit hole. 

13 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think Leinart, Bush and Stoops are all POS

Gosh, I wonder why that is.

Setting aside fan rancor, they do a good job (although I disagreed with Reggie when he said Deion Sanders should get the USC coaching job). Bob Stoops was accurately critical of the predictability of tOSU’s defense and their single high safety look. Of course you hate him but it’s because he can coach, not because he can’t, and that was something that needed to be said. I don’t think it had anything to do with the changes that are happening on that side of the ball for the Buckeyes but I appreciate the analysis. There’s more substance and less fluff on that show than on GameDay. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Gosh, I wonder why that is.

Setting aside fan rancor, they do a good job (although I disagreed with Reggie when he said Deion Sanders should get the USC coaching job). Bob Stoops was accurately critical of the predictability of tOSU’s defense and their single high safety look. Of course you hate him but it’s because he can coach, not because he can’t, and that was something that needed to be said. I don’t think it had anything to do with the changes that are happening on that side of the ball for the Buckeyes but I appreciate the analysis. There’s more substance and less fluff on that show than on GameDay. 

penn jillette shut up GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

For a Big 12 TX/OU matchup, especially if it were in a Big 12 CCG, a facetious SEC chant would actually be pretty hilarious. Once we’re actually playing in the SEC though, not so much.

Uh, It may just be me but I think its gonna be hard for anyone to hear the facetiousness through the television.  maybe we could get Bill Hicks to do the chant.

35 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Uh, It may just be me but I think its gonna be hard for anyone to hear the facetiousness through the television.  maybe we could get Bill Hicks to do the chant.

If the folks watching TV can't hear the facetiousness of two Big 12 fanbases chanting "SEC SEC SEC" then fuck 'em. I'm pretty sure they picked up on it when we were chanting it at Uga in the Sugar Bowl to Georgia. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

If the folks watching TV can't hear the facetiousness of two Big 12 fanbases chanting "SEC SEC SEC" then fuck 'em. I'm pretty sure they picked up on it when we were chanting it at Uga in the Sugar Bowl to Georgia. 

yes because that was before we were actually you know...moving to the SEC.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’d rather listen to Desmond Howard?

Allergic to the English language while, when understandable, spouting off clueless non-sense.  Who wouldn't want to listen?

Dude's an idiot and must have pictures galore of every ESPN management member. No other explanation as to why he's on that set. Every year Des gets shipped off to do color on a couple MAC Wednesday night games with about 2,500 viewers nationwide.  Exactly where he belongs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

Texas had gameday back to back weeks and 3 out of 4 weeks in 2008. 

Ou game
Mizzou in Austin 
Ok state (no gameday)
at Tech