Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I mean....what the fucking fuck?  WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH PEOPLE?  WHY?  WHY IS IT SO HARD TO TREAT THE GUY WITH THE TINIEST SHRED OF DECENCY AND HUMANITY?  This is beyond a problem with cops alone (although they are the pure, distilled essence of that problem).  Dude was trying to pay for his purchase.  He was having a hard time.

Why didn't someone help him?  Why didn't another customer try to help him?  Why didn't a Target employee try to help him?  And then when they were called, why didn't the cops talk to Target management and say "so, it looks like the dude is just trying to buy a bike.  Why can't you just help him complete the purchase, and then we'll walk out of here with him?"  WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES?

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Damn. Two of those cops were involved in a shooting about a week later according to the article. Protect and serve, amirite? 

Assholes who live to inflict pain on people, through-and-through.  That is the core of their very being.

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Albuquerque has got to have the worst police department among majorish cities in the country. There have been tons of videos showing them pull all kinds of terrible shit.

Yeah.  I mean, hats off to the ABQ PD for reporting this to the AG themselves for action, but for fuck's sake....it sure seems like that department is simply beyond reforming.  Just burn the whole fucking thing down and start over.

2 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Why were the cops even there? Did a target employee call them? Seems like someone should have just helped the man pay for his bike

Yeah.....see my first comment.  What a broken fucking system, society, and people we are.  Seriously, I watched the video, and I actually wanted to cry.  The man was trying to do an ordinary thing.  To engage in life, to buy a goddamned bike.  But he couldn't.  And instead of HELPING HIM, we the people, through our collective inaction, and through the actions of our duly appointed public servants, HURT HIM.  WHY?  What was fucking gained by that?  How was anything, for anyone, made any better?  Leave the man alone.  Let him buy his bike.  If he needs help doing it, help him.  Be a human being, man.  Goddammit.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Dude definitely has a case for an ADA suit against target. 

And a civil rights case against APD. I'm not the litigious type, but I sure hope this guy gets some money to make his life more comfortable. He's probably been crapped on all his life. He's just out there trying to do normal things and participate in society. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-07-23/video-trans-man-beaten-la-county-sheriff-deputy

Emmett Brock thought he was dying, and his mind raced. This isn’t supposed to happen to me. This doesn’t happen this way. I can’t die like this.

He tasted the blood inside his mouth. He felt the fists land on his head. And he heard the shouts of the sheriff’s deputy on top of him, pressing him into the pavement of the 7-Eleven parking lot.

Three minutes later, the 23-year-old teacher sat in the back of a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department cruiser not even knowing, he said, why the deputy had stopped him.

Before his run-in with the deputy, Brock already was having a miserable day. He said he’d left his high school teaching job early after a co-worker had harassed him for being transgender. It wasn’t the first time, and he was getting fed up.

A few blocks from the school, Brock spotted a deputy who appeared to be having a heated conversation with a woman on the side of the road. As he drove by, Brock threw up his middle finger. He didn’t even think the deputy would see it, he said.

A few seconds later, he spotted a patrol cruiser following close behind him. It made Brock uneasy. He turned down one side street and then another, trying to figure out whether the cruiser was following him or just going in the same direction. The deputy didn’t turn on his lights or siren, but made every turn Brock did.

Growing unnerved, he called 911.

“Hi, um, I’m being followed by a police car,” he said in a recording shared with The Times. He told the dispatcher that the car was copying his turns, but not pulling him over. He said he wanted to make sure it was a “real police car” and that he wasn’t being stalked.

The two kept talking, and eventually the dispatcher asked: “What is it that you want us to do? If he hasn’t pulled you over, he hasn’t pulled you over.”

Two minutes into the call, Brock cursed and hung up. He kept driving, pulling up outside the 7-Eleven on Mills Avenue in Whittier, planning to buy a Coke before heading to a therapy appointment.

The cruiser pulled in behind him, and the store’s surveillance camera captured what followed. The deputy’s body-worn camera captured the sound.

As Brock stepped out of his car, Deputy Joseph Benza approached and told him: “I just stopped you,” offering no explanation as to why.

Confused, Brock replied, “No, you didn’t.”

“Yeah, I did,” the deputy said. Then he grabbed Brock’s arm and forced him to the ground.

Still unsure what he’d done, Brock said, he began to scream. “What — what are you doing? Oh, my god. What the f— is happening?”

For the next three minutes, Brock struggled and screamed as the deputy held him down and punched him in the head.

“You’re going to kill me,” Brock told him. “You’re going to f–-ing kill me. Help! Help! Help! I’m not resisting!”

His mind raced, turning over thoughts of all the things he’d never get to do in life: Finish grad school. Be a father. Become a professor.

“Help! Help! Help! I’m not resisting!”

At one point, the deputy ordered him to put his arms behind his back — but Brock‘s arms were already pinned under his chest.

“Even when I did get them out the way he wanted, he continued to punch me,” Brock told The Times. “He just kept saying, ‘Stop resisting, stop resisting.’ I didn’t understand why he was shouting that because I wasn’t resisting.”

According to the Sheriff’s Department, two witnesses saw Brock exit his car and struggle with the deputy. One of those witnesses claimed that Brock punched the deputy, which camera footage does not show and the deputy did not allege.

After Brock was in handcuffs, the deputy put him into the back seat of his cruiser. At that point, Brock said, he was trying to make sense of what had happened and why he was on the deputy’s radar in the first place.

It was only later that he learned from paperwork he was given: The deputy said he’d spotted an air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror, supposedly obstructing the view of the road from Brock’s black Honda Civic.

If Benza saw Brock flip him off, he made no mention of it in his report. According to the deputy’s version of events, the force was justified.

“It appeared he was about to walk away from the car and myself,” Benza wrote as part of an 11-page incident report. “His rejection of my traffic detention and his apparent intent to distance himself from his vehicle further raise safety concerns. I know from my training and experience that those who possess contraband items inside vehicles commonly attempt to disassociate themselves from their vehicles when law enforcement is present.”

Though he admitted grabbing Brock’s arm, he said that Brock pulled away and “cocked his right hand back into a fist, indicative of someone about to throw a punch.”

Deciding Brock was “at the onset of assaulting me,” Benza said he tackled him to the ground, adding that Brock had “continuously tried to bite” him. Benza then punched him “approximately eight times in rapid succession.”

“My punches had their intended effect,” he added.

He made no mention of Brock’s cries for help, or that he repeatedly told the deputy that he couldn’t breathe and wasn’t resisting. Instead, Benza’s report noted that Brock “attempted to rip my skin from my hand,” which he said “could result in permanent disfigurement.”

A paramedic’s report from the scene did not mention any bite marks. And when Benza went to the hospital later, the emergency room report noted that he’d told them the bite hadn’t broken the skin and there was no bleeding. A physician’s assistant wrote that there were “no bite marks at this time.”

Medical records do show that Benza fractured his right hand in a “punching injury.”

In interviews with The Times, Brock denied biting the deputy, and his lawyer said it would have been nearly impossible.

“There is no moment that Emmett is not shouting or screaming,” Beck said. “And you can’t talk when your teeth are clamped onto someone’s hand.”

Deputies took Brock to Coast Plaza Hospital, where he was treated for scrapes, bruises and a concussion. Once he was medically cleared, deputies took him to the station for booking. There, staff took his mug shot and fingerprints. They took his shoes and directed him to take off any jewelry. He struggled to pull his rings off over his swollen knuckles.

By that point, he said, the pain was beginning to set in. “My head was just exploding. I felt like I got hit by a truck.”

It wasn’t long before authorities asked Brock for a statement, during which he explained that he is transgender.

“So you’re a girl?” he said one jailer asked.

Brock said he wasn’t.

Then the man asked whether he had a penis — and Brock said he did. He explained what surgeries existed, and said that he’d been on hormones for years.

After one jailer asked for proof, Brock said, he spent a few awkward minutes in a bathroom showing her his genitalia and explaining the effects of testosterone.

He was placed in a women’s holding cell. It was a Friday afternoon and, with the courts closed, he worried he’d be stuck behind bars all weekend.

It was after dark when one of the jailers told him his family and his girlfriend had pulled together enough money for bail.

He was facing three felonies — mayhem, resisting arrest and obstruction — plus misdemeanor failure to obey a police officer.

Four days later, he lost his job after state authorities notified the school of his pending charges.

• Rage+1 6

12 minutes ago, Foosters said:

“It appeared he was about to walk away from the car and myself,” Benza wrote as part of an 11-page incident report. “His rejection of my traffic detention and his apparent intent to distance himself from his vehicle further raise safety concerns. I know from my training and experience Ithat those who possess contraband items inside vehicles commonly attempt to disassociate themselves from their vehicles when law enforcement is present.”

The bolded words.  When you read those in a police report, buckle up, because you know that's when the absolute lying bullshit is about to start.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I fucking hate cops so much. Any queer person who works as a cop is a fucking piece of shit traitor. And I've met a lot of them in the course of my career. Fuck 'em all. The cops are our enemy. They are everyone's enemy. 

I have no hope that anything will change in my lifetime

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 7/13/2023 at 4:12 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

They're certainly not the best and brightest people among us but wtf did they expect to happen at court for said tickets?

major-league-cross-him-off.gif

The cops got time and a half to show up only to find the defendants no showed?

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Our SUV was stolen, and driven for 3 months in Houston without any issues (tolls kept racking up), when the driver caused an accident that totaled it, he ran into another vehicle and took off.  The police that arrived didn't even bother to run the license plate or check the VIN.  It was the wrecker service that informed us about the car.  I called the police and told them about the recovery.   The next day they called me back, congratulated me, and let me know they found our car.  When I looked up the cop, I found that he caught a serial killer and was given some award.  The NEWS article about the arrest made it sound completely accidental.  

TLDR: cops are accidental in their crime solving/criminal catching.  

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Our SUV was stolen, and driven for 3 months in Houston without any issues (tolls kept racking up), when the driver caused an accident that totaled it, he ran into another vehicle and took off.  The police that arrived didn't even bother to run the license plate or check the VIN.  It was the wrecker service that informed us about the car.  I called the police and told them about the recovery.   The next day they called me back, congratulated me, and let me know they found our car.  When I looked up the cop, I found that he caught a serial killer and was given some award.  The NEWS article about the arrest made it sound completely accidental.  

Obligatory:

• Hook 'Em 2

“Sound of Freedom! Liberal peep cabal!”
Ummm…folks…the cabal is your beloved cops. And youth ministers.
Someone ought to make an accurate version of “Sound of Freedom,” showing the real world, where American kids are systematically victimized by, well, the kind of people this thread posts about.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Sound of Freedom! Liberal peep cabal!”
Ummm…folks…the cabal is your beloved cops. And youth ministers.
Someone ought to make an accurate version of “Sound of Freedom,” showing the real world, where American kids are systematically victimized by, well, the kind of people this thread posts about.

This was the most important movie ever made that you hollywood librul elites have been hiding on her emails in hunter's laptop.  The ring master was probably ben gazi and uranium one is probably a code for uranus 1, being the sale of children's anal virginity.    I prey for you. 

28 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seems like it was the family’s fault. After years of evidence, you’d think they’d be smart enough to not be black.

not sure what all the fuss is about, totally understandable mistake.   

afterall Maryland and Maine are basically the same state, what with having the same first two letters. along with Michigan and Missouri.

complete fail of the database to not tell the poor innocent cops that more than one state starts with "Ar"

Cops are pussies and some of the dumbest mfers in the country. Fuck your hero bullshit

If I was governor, I’d make sure we had a law that required any cop who’d ever done anything like that it have a giant “I’m a stupid piece of shit” sign on every vehicle he drives - professional, personal, all of em.
What a giant ignorant dumbass piece of shit who shouldn’t be allowed to carry a water gun let alone a firearm.
He’s probably getting a citation for bravery from his PD as we speak. Seriously. I don’t believe a single. Fucking. Word. Of the Frisco PD’s apology. This is how stupid they are. This is how little they care about anyone who isn’t a cop. This incident isn’t about what Frisco PD DID. It’s about who they ARE - gun-happy, contemptible, idiotic pieces of shit.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Not to gloss over an innocent family having a gun pointed at them because a cop is too dumb to choose the correct option on a drop down menu, but the greater injustice here is that they shut down the tollway for 15 minutes.  Traffic must’ve been terrible on that access road.  Thoughts and prayers to all of the Karens and Chads whose day was unnecessarily interrupted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If I was governor, I’d make sure we had a law that required any cop who’d ever done anything like that it have a giant “I’m a stupid piece of shit” sign on every vehicle he drives

They probably already do. 

p43923-Z-07222020024447_2361x2361_4d5a3463-16e3-47d5-a58f-f241183bd779_large.jpg

• Haha 2

Some of this info might be new. Maybe it's not. It's still horrific and this story cannot be told too many times.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12370393/Mississippi-ex-law-enforcement-charged-civil-rights-offenses-against-2-Black-men-raid.html

Six former Mississippi police officers have pleaded guilty to a shocking racist attack against two Black men involving sex toys, firearms and stun guns that resulted in a cop shooting one man through the mouth.

The group, who are all white, admitted to assaulting Michael Corey Jenkins, 32, and Eddie Terrell Parker, 35, after entering a house in Braxton, Simpson County, for around 90 minutes on January 24 with sex toys, firearms, stun guns, milk, eggs, alcohol and chocolate syrup. 

The former cops, who worked for Rankin County Sheriff's department and Richland Police Department at the time of the shocking incident, appeared in a federal court and pleaded guilty on Thursday after the civil rights charges were unsealed. 

After entering the house, the six former deputies handcuffed the two men, before throwing the food items at them as they lay on the floor. 

The men were later forced to strip naked and shower to get rid of any evidence.

The six cops are facing a combined total of 590 years and two life sentences for their sickening crimes. They will be sentenced in November by a federal judge

The Department of Justice began investigating the sick and twisted cops, who spent 90 minutes torturing two men in last January, in February

The sick cops repeatedly used their stun guns on the pair in a twisted competition to see which department's weapons were more powerful. 

Two of the cops, identified as former Rankin Country deputies Christian Dedmond and Jason Opdyke, assaulted one of the men with a sex toy.   

During the harrowing 90-minute assault, officers repeatedly used racist slurs against them, and the two men were warned to 'stay out of Rankin County or go back to their side of the Pearl River', an area of Mississippi with a high concentration of Black residents.

Court documents revealed that the officers were initially called over by a White neighbour who had complained that Black people were staying with a white woman who owned the house. 

But documents revealed that Mr. Parker was a longtime friend of the homeowner, and was taking care of her at the time. 

The sickening episode ended after one former Rankin County cop, Hunter Elward, shot Mr. Jenkins in the mouth after staging a 'mock execution'. 

The bullet from his gun, shredding his tongue and breaking his jaw before exiting his neck behind his ear. 

Sickeningly, instead of helping the severely injured man, the racist cops planned on planting and tampering with evidence at the house. 

This wasn't the only instance of the groups cynically attempting to get away with the shocking episode.

Documents revealed that the twisted cops agreed to enter the Braxton property without a warrant as long as they could avoid being spotted by security cameras. 

On top of this, they planned to use excessive force on the two men as long as they avoided injuring their heads so there would be 'no bad mugshots'.

On top of the federal charges, the Mississippi attorney general's office has filed state charges against the six men, including including assault, conspiracy and obstruction of justice

In fact, several members of the group called themselves 'the Goon Squad' because of their 'willingness to use excessive force and not to report it', court documents revealed.

The five former Rankin County Sheriff´s Department cops, named as Christian Dedmon, Hunter Elward, Brett McAlpin, Jeffrey Middleton and Daniel Opdyke, and the former Richland police officer who was off duty when he participated in the raid, Joshua Hartfield, are set to be sentenced in November. 

The six sick cops are facing hefty sentences and fines, potentially facing a maximum combined sentence of 590 years and two life sentences in prison, as well as a combined $12.25 million in fines.

The six former cops are expected to plead guilty to the state charges later this month

And this isn't the end of the legal worries, as the Mississippi attorney general´s office said on Thursday that it had filed state charges against the six former officers, including assault, conspiracy and obstruction of justice. 

The men are scheduled to plead guilty to the state charges on August 14, said Mary-Helen Wall, a deputy state attorney general. 

Figures across the US have condemned the racist group, including their former boss. 

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey, who said he first learned about what happened after he read unsealed court documents, condemned his former employees, saying:

'This is the most horrible incident of police brutality I've learned of over my whole career, and I'm ashamed it happened at this department.'

US Attorney General Merrick Garland said they 'egregiously violated the civil rights of citizens who they were supposed to protect.'

Meanwhile, US Attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi Darren LaMarca said: 'They became the criminals they swore to protect us from. Now, they'll be treated as the criminals as they are.'

Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Parker's lawyer Malik Shabazz said: 'These guilty pleas are historic for justice against rogue police torture in Rankin County and all over America.  

'Today is truly historic for Mississippi and for civil and human rights in America.'

Sounds like the racist neighbor who called them should be outed too IMO.  If you call the cops because black folk are in your neighborhood that should open you up to civil rights charges too.  It's fucking ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 3

CNN has a story centered around the sheriff AND with far fewer adjectives! Not the sheriff's fault, he's not resigning, blah, blah, blah.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/04/us/rankin-county-sheriff-torture-black-men-mississippi/index.html

A Mississippi sheriff said he was “ashamed” and apologized after five of his former deputies pleaded guilty to charges related to the torture of two Black men.

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said the police badge was “tarnished by the criminal acts of these few individuals” at a news conference hours after the five former deputies pleaded guilty Thursday. A sixth former officer from the Richland, Mississippi, police department also pleaded guilty.

“These guys were so far past any boundary. It is unbelievable what they did,” said Bailey. “This is a bunch of criminals that did a home invasion.”

The two victims, Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker, filed a federal lawsuit in June, claiming the six White law enforcement officers illegally entered their home in Braxton, Mississippi and tortured them for nearly two hours. The lawsuit said the officers handcuffed, kicked, waterboarded, and attempted to sexually assault Jenkins and Parker. The assault culminated with one deputy placing a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shooting him, which the lawsuit says has left permanent physical injuries, cognitive damage, and long-term psychological damage.

“All of the former deputies lied to me, that night of this incident,” the sheriff said. “I am sick to my stomach … I have tried to build a reputation, tried to have a safe county. They have robbed me of all of this, by the actions of these few.”

“This is a perfect example of why people don’t trust the police,” he added. “Never in my life did I think this would happen in this department.”

He also apologized to Jenkins and Parker as well as the Rankin County community.

Bailey said he knew the five Rankin County officers well and he “never ever could imagine that any of these five individuals were capable of these horrendous crimes that they committed.”

Court documents name the six law enforcement officers involved as Hunter Elward, Brett McAlpin, Jeffrey Middleton, Christian Dedmon, Daniel Opdyke, and Joshua Hartfield. The charges include discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence, conspiracy against rights, deprivation of rights under color of law, conspiracy to obstruct justice and obstruction of justice, according to online federal court records.

The sheriff said he terminated three deputies in late June after one of the deputies disclosed some of the details of the incident. Two of the deputies had already resigned from the department by then, the sheriff added.

Bailey called the attack “a nightmare for law enforcement.”

Multiple deputies fired after 2 Black men file lawsuit alleging torture and attempted sexual assault in Mississippi

“This is the most horrible incident of police brutality of my whole career,” he said. “And I am ashamed that it happened at this department.”

Bailey said he does not plan on resigning in the wake of the shocking charges. “I am going to stay here,” he said. “I am going to fix these problems.

“The only thing I am guilty of on this incident right here is trusting grown men that swore an oath to do their job correctly,” he said. “I am guilty of that, but the people of Rankin County elected me to do a job during good times and during bad times. Yes, this is a bad time.”

“I am embarrassed and ashamed of what they have done to this badge,” he went on, with his hand over a badge embroidered on his shirt.

The sheriff said he was unaware the deputies had dubbed themselves “The Goon Squad” until last week. A federal charging document says the officers chose the name to reflect their “willingness to use excessive force and not to report it.”

Bailey said he hadn’t thought there were any cultural problems at the department before the attack came to light. “Obviously one thing I need to do is make people more accountable,” he said. “I am going to fix this.”

The sheriff said there may be additional victims and asked potential victims to call the FBI or state authorities to report incidents.

Bailey emphasized the six involved officers worked to cover up the incident.

“If one of the six officers there would have stood up and said something, if they would have told the truth … their cover-up made it 20 times worse,” he said. “It was already horrible, don’t get me wrong, everything done to those victims was horrible. But then for a law enforcement officer to cover, to lie, it makes me sick to my stomach.”

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey, who said he first learned about what happened after he read unsealed court documents, condemned his former employees, saying:

'This is the most horrible incident of police brutality I've learned of over my whole career, and I'm ashamed it happened at this department.'

So, lemme translate this into the truth:

"I'm really sorry this particular group of cops was dumb enough to get caught doing what we ALL do and believe in."

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, lemme translate this into the truth:

"I'm really sorry this particular group of cops was dumb enough to get caught doing what we ALL do and believe in."

Exactly -- and how big is this podunk sheriff's deputy team? There were six involved in this incident -- is that the entire fucking force?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in Texas - and I'm curious at what distances from the location for others - receive two or more "blue alerts" for "injury to an officer" in Harris Cointy?

173 miles away, for me.

Suspect is a black male wearing gray shorts and a blue shirt so I know I'm on high alert now. Let's all keep an eye out, mmmkay?

My "severe alert" setting on my phone is labeled "severe threats to life and property." Silly me, I thought it was my life or property.

• Rage+1 1