Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 5/4/2024 at 4:51 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Hit up Burnt Bean Co. Barbecue today.   Arrived about 9:50 and we were the second couple in line.   Picture below was at 10:15.

20240504_101718.thumb.jpg.75fc2778f8eb942f920a1de458568ef6.jpg

Moist brisket, pork ribs, poblano and jack cheese sausage, green beans, coleslaw, queso mac & cheese, and bacon tater casserole.

20240504_110248.thumb.jpg.d7dcac99e65da585f7eef5c5eb98a378.jpg

Overall a great meal.  Sausage was a really good combination.  Brisket was seasoned and cooked perfect.   Ribs were a little over for me, but were extremely flavorful.  I prefer ribs were you can take a bite without the meat falling off the bone.  Many people believe that falling off the bone is the sign of perfectly cooked ribs. 

Burnt Bean is definitely top 10, probably top 5.  I think InterStellar BBQ is better, but not by much. 

Those Bacon ranch taters might be the best bbq side I’ve had 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, futureman said:

two-meat plate for $87.50

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

22 minutes ago, Deej said:

Jeremy Clarkson Disbelief GIF by DriveTribe

While it might not be far off, I detect a bit of sarcasm in futureman's post.  I don't believe Black Gold has released a menu as of yet.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I detect a bit of sarcasm in futureman's post

you’ve always been the smart one.

no I haven’t seen a menu.  but bbq out of dirty trailers already costs what it does.  you can tell that place is going to be extremely proud of their food. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’ve always been the smart one.

no I haven’t seen a menu.  but bbq out of dirty trailers already costs what it does.  you can tell that place is going to be extremely proud of their food. 

You're right about that.

I doubt they'll have a 2-meat plate for that very reason.  I'm anticipating a "tasting menu" that will have "small plates" of various smoked meats.  A fancy small plate of brisket for $10 sounds a lot better than $80/lb, nevermind that you're only getting 2 oz of meat...

I seriously doubt anyone was bankrupted by that venture.

Nobody was bankrupted. But people went above and beyond, held THEIR shingle out for someone who didn’t have a pot to piss in, and reaped the whirlwind (from both sides of the equation). The keys to the safe were handed to him. And all a mother fucker had to do, was play by their rules for four months. Hubris is a mother fucker, and so is karma.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2024 at 8:59 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Random thought that I saw in this thread a while back but which BBQ owner was it that bitches at people on Twitter and shit talks people who left negative comments/reviews on his google reviews? 

Maybe Scott Moore at Tejas? He's been known to clap back pretty hard at folks who have the nerve to post negative comments online.

Hutchins McKinney 

Brisket is lean. 1 of few places that lean is still very good. Top notch ribs and Twinkie is always greatness. 

So in smoke barn in front a guy was giving away samples. Didn’t get one but it was a sausage. Heard some say it was hot. Looking at menu while in line saw something I think is new. Brisket hot link. Figured that must be samples being given out. 5.99. Maybe have to try that next time I’m there. 

IMG_2067.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Random thought that I saw in this thread a while back but which BBQ owner was it that bitches at people on Twitter and shit talks people who left negative comments/reviews on his google reviews? 

John Mueller
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

A coworker was in Houston this week and wanted brisket Monday. I didn’t know he was there and he didn’t asked my opinion. 

He went to Demeris. This was his tray as it was handed to him. I’d have demanded my money back and a word with the “pitmaster.”

IMG_2508.thumb.jpeg.cf877d431ae602e2cd9112627917b313.jpeg

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

A coworker was in Houston this week and wanted brisket Monday. I didn’t know he was there and he didn’t asked my opinion. 

He went to Demeris. This was his tray as it was handed to him. I’d have demanded my money back and a word with the “pitmaster.”

that place sucks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Demeris is so cringe. Their stuffed baked potato was decent; but there so many other options near every location. Their catering business is thriving. I guess big companies like their invoicing/receivable payments system.  Next time you’re looking at a sad office Domino’s party, go thank your accountants. 

On the other side of the coin, there are many Houston olds that loved Luther’s. They can still get their fix of shit bbq at places like Pappa’s and Demeris. 

Brisket & Rice for lunch today.  Still solid to very solid.  Brisket is a pleasure and the ribs are perfect.  Peeyawkle, unjun and jajapinno game is average but not the reason for the dive in.    

They had a missing person poster on wall with @Patricio Swayze ‘s picture on it.    

IMG_0392.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I would assume this is what BBQ looks like in the majority of folks minds in this country.  Of course not here at Surly Horns on the BBQ; it's straight trash.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DallasSooner said:

I would assume this is what BBQ looks like in the majority of folks minds in this country. 

Either that or burgers and chicken cooked at 400 F on a gas grill.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Either that or burgers and chicken cooked at 400 F on a gas grill.

I cook them at 400 on a gas grill....for 90 seconds on each side.   Then I put them on the top rack and turn the grill down and let them slow cook.  

That is, when I don't feel like firing up the charcoal.  

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord, I just saw this abortion on a food channel.  Vitek's "Gut Pak".  Frito's, cheese, sausage, brisket drowning in what looks to be horrible sauce, pinto beans.  Fucking Waco:

image.png.d1dacc209cafaff2fa297358923329ac.png

That is simply gross.  "Waco" is correct.  Better to put it straight in the garbage than to have it be processed through your body.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord, I just saw this abortion on a food channel.  Vitek's "Gut Pak".  Frito's, cheese, sausage, brisket drowning in what looks to be horrible sauce, pinto beans.  Fucking Waco:

image.png.d1dacc209cafaff2fa297358923329ac.png

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

That is simply gross.  "Waco" is correct.  Better to put it straight in the garbage than to have it be processed through your body.

You two are both stupid....that shit is actually good...

Look at it more as a frito pie than BBQ and stfu. 

I'll be heading back to the steel shank thread now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You two are both stupid....that shit is actually good...

Look at it more as a frito pie than BBQ and stfu. 

I'll be heading back to the steel shank thread now.

I get the frito pie thing, but the beans do not belong on there!