Texas BBQ

Washpark

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

i have never cared about the new york times opinion on something less than just now as i tried to get to the bottom of this page.  what in the fuck...

hey don't blame me, i spoilered it in my OP for exactly that reason!

@Texzilla58something broke the quoted spoiler tag, fix it ASAP

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

[mention=6972]Texzilla58[/mention] had to put you on ignore to get this thread back.  Will bring you back once you fix it.  No hard feelings.

What did I do? I don’t see what I did. My post is not showing up. Tell me how and what to fix and I will, and then slam my dick in a car door. My apologies.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What did I do? I don’t see what I did. My post is not showing up. Tell me how and what to fix and I will, and then slam my dick in a car door. My apologies.
You quoted the NY Times post that was spoilered above your. Yours wasn't spoilered, though. It was crazy long. Blacklab fixed it for you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Weird as I don’t recall seeing that long ass quote when I posted but I guess I inadvertently did so. But I don’t recall what I had for breakfast today. I probably had my granddaughters climbing on me at the time. I will prepare the car door for dick slamming. Sorry I created an implosion of the thread. I feel like the ocean gate dude.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Weird as I don’t recall seeing that long ass quote when I posted but I guess I inadvertently did so. But I don’t recall what I had for breakfast today. I probably had my granddaughters climbing on me at the time. I will prepare the car door for dick slamming. Sorry I created an implosion of the thread. I feel like the ocean gate dude.

stop apologizing

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The spoiler tag got broken accidently.

Good news though. Unlike the ocean are guy you aren't in tiny pieces at the bottom of the ocean! Now go eat some bbq and share some pictures as your penance.

13 years ago today.  Birthday lunch at the original Franklin trailer.  No idea who's in the pic, probably some surlies somewhere.
36705_1428758032210_5574878_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ba80b0&_nc_ohc=b3bJ4tZX7s4AX8uJOou&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfC0I1hRa6ZSr5QgeHAOVRQdFMdWMWVZ3KNfKFCyksb-0Q&oe=64CADC7F

Man. A while back, I found the original thread discussing Franklin when it first opened. I’m talking like the first few weeks it was open. I went, and posted a review. I gave it a B+, and as I read and recalled my visit, that was the right grade. Aaron was still figuring things out. He could hit some things really well, and be inconsistent sometimes. It took a few months to a year for him to get everything really dialed in.
Then once he did, it was Katy-bar-the-door.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Stiles Switch for lunch to get Fourth of July hot dog fix. House sausage for July is a beef and pork hot dog. Got one of each and their corn dog. Now I need a nap.

c03386d05292d68a6ee6ccf3f117970a.jpgbb73faa4e00060b5593007f6f9ae9475.jpg

how does the corn dog stack up to a fletcher’s dog at the fair?

Corn dog was really good tasting.  Batter was flavorful and the sausage/hot dog was really good.  It didn't work great, though.  I think that that sausage was a little too greasy to hold the batter well.  All in all, it was a good attempt with great taste.

Fletcher's has been doing the same thing really well for decades.  Fletcher's wins - hands down.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 7/4/2023 at 9:27 AM, Brisketexan said:

Man. A while back, I found the original thread discussing Franklin when it first opened. I’m talking like the first few weeks it was open. I went, and posted a review. I gave it a B+, and as I read and recalled my visit, that was the right grade. Aaron was still figuring things out. He could hit some things really well, and be inconsistent sometimes. It took a few months to a year for him to get everything really dialed in.
Then once he did, it was Katy-bar-the-door.

I posted in that thread around April 2010. Right after knee surgery and on crutches. I rememebr being able to park and get in line around 10:45 and be  in first ten.

10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yes, it sucks

The reason I ask....I follow this dude on IG.  he goes to different cities and reviews places recommended to him by followers.

He was in Houston and rated it at like a 9.5 out of 10..which was the best of all the BBQ places he went.

Keep in mind he's just a dude.  He's from NC (I think)so take his opinion on BBQ with a grain of salt.

The reason I ask....I follow this dude on IG.  he goes to different cities and reviews places recommended to him by followers.
He was in Houston and rated it at like a 9.5 out of 10..which was the best of all the BBQ places he went.

Keep in mind he's just a dude.  He's from NC (I think)so take his opinion on BBQ with a grain of salt.

Is this the same guy that said Truth sucked and Gaitlins was great? My brother was telling he saw something from some foodie guy from the Carolina’s. Sounds like he doesn’t know shit about bbq or just prefers east texas/Deep South style.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Is this the same guy that said Truth sucked and Gaitlins was great? My brother was telling he saw something from some foodie guy from the Carolina’s. Sounds like he doesn’t know shit about bbq or just prefers east texas/Deep South style.

Probably, the same guy, but he didn't like Gatlin;s that much either.

Truth got his worst rating at 4.9

Blood Bros, Burns, Gatln's were all in the 6's

Pit Room 8.9, Killen's 9.4

5 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Probably, the same guy, but he didn't like Gatlin;s that much either.

Truth got his worst rating at 4.9

Blood Bros, Burns, Gatln's were all in the 6's

Pit Room 8.9, Killen's 9.4

4.9 on truth, unless it has some huge caveats, is beyond terrible.

did the cutter cut off the poster's finger? really interested to hear his reviews. Killeens at 9.4?! lol

Carolina has zero to do with east Texas barbecue or Memphis bbq. The adherents of Carolina bbq are woefully ignorant of any real barbecue, yet really dismissive of any superior product or style. They basically only do whole hog en mass production. Any part that is cooked right means all the other parts are cooked wrong. They then chop that overcooked under smoked shit into mush, throw on some vinegar, and call that shot barbecue. Fuck those dipshits. I will admit I like South Carolina gold sauce.

They also eat this shit called hash which is stewed hog innards on rice. Bowl of guts.

Fuck that Carolina dude. He hates Texas and Texas bbq.

I haven’t had bbq in 3 weeks so I dropped into Brisket&Rice for my fix. It was about 11:20 and the line was to the door (it’s a small joint so maybe 12 deep) and 3/4’s of the tables were taken. The line never let up the entire time I was there and people were taking food to go and waiting for tables to open up. I am stoked they are getting the attention they deserve.

My lunch was perfection. Wouldn’t have changed a thing about the brisket or sausage.

34d082658b489fc8e45a88bcf8c15b78.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, jimmyjazz said:

13 years ago today.  Birthday lunch at the original Franklin trailer.  No idea who's in the pic, probably some surlies somewhere.

No photo description available.

Good old days syndrome is setting in-but at 70, that's more the norm than the exception.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:28 PM, Smax said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/03/dining/best-texas-bbq-restaurants-new-generation.html

So for skimmers this is not NYTs best BBQ in Texas, its best for the new generation wtf that means so many of the big names are missing. I can see what they are trying to do but still some head scratchers and inconsistencies 

The NYT food people have been suspect since they tried to pass off mushy green peas as some kind of substitute guacamole. Anything that comes from them concerning food reviews is met with extreme side eye.

No clicks for that link. 

I look at the whole hog guys and ask why they're just going to mash up the ribs into nothing. Pulled pork is good, but damn. That pig died and the ribs just went to waste. 

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The NYT food people have been suspect since they tried to pass off mushy green peas as some kind of substitute guacamole. Anything that comes from them concerning food reviews is met with extreme side eye.

No clicks for that link. 

I look at the whole hog guys and ask why they're just going to mash up the ribs into nothing. Pulled pork is good, but damn. That pig died and the ribs just went to waste. 

I pasted the article on the prior page, it's worth a read, not the normal shit takes 

• Hook 'Em 1

No clicks for that link. 

It’s not just the ribs. A ham doesn’t cook like a shoulder, and a loin don’t cook like belly. And you might get an ear or a snoot or a rectum. Fuck that Carolina shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Had to run over to Austin today and dropped into L & L for lunch. Feels like it’s been a long time. I don’t get a chance to eat there on weekends so this was my first time trying their brisket despite having eaten there a dozen times. Brisket was delicious as expected, but I think their beef cheeks are the star.

e1d7c3cc7beeb1826c08469e5ecc925f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3