Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They shouldn’t have recorded and released the clip regardless, but I’m curious about the motivation of the person who released it.   Was it “take a look at this clip of Bo Davis setting fools straight!”  Or was it “OMG, Coach Davis is having a meltdown and verbally abusing us - trigger warning!  Whaaaaahh!”  Or is he so detached and gives so few shits he just thought it was funny - “look at this old guy yelling, u mad bro?  Lulz”

I think it’s probably the third as opposed to the triggered snowflake.   I get more of a don’t give a shit vibe from this team, and surely they’ve been yelled at like this plenty before.

They were giving a member of the Longhorn Alternate Band a ride home.  Clearly the perpetrator of said video.  But probably it was Josh Moore.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 1

So here’s a question- If the perpetrator is ID’d, then portals; does the coach “out” them, thereby making him out to be a problematic divisive locker room cancer? 

further/ How de we know it’s not J Moore?

(I understand it’s a Defense bus, but maybe he went full scorched earth?)

1 minute ago, NTVTXN said:

So here’s a question- If the perpetrator is ID’d, then portals; does the coach “out” them, thereby making him out to be a problematic divisive locker room cancer? 

further/ How de we know it’s not J Moore?

(I understand it’s a Defense bus, but maybe he went full scorched earth?)

The team buses are generally divided into offensive and defensive.

• Like 1

Schooler probably thinking shit man I was just tryna play wide receiver. 
Listening to Schooler being grilled by the $9.95'ers earlier, seems he's still onboard with what the coaches are selling, doesn't blame them for lack of execution and effort.

The fact that our blonde wonder went from near non factor to the leading tackler vs the clones should tell us all we need to know about the current state of the defense.
  • Hook 'Em 3

If I’m Sark I’m meeting individually with every scholarshipped player this week in an effort to determine whether or not their mindset “fits” what I’m trying to build.  If not…well, “don’t let the door hit ya in the ass”.  
Then I’d raid the freaking portal for backfill.  Starting with any/all Super Sr’s and Grad XFers. 
It’s like freaking cut bait and rebuild this bitch while everyone else is prepping for a bowl game.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

A cold shiver down the spine.  One time in 8th grade we lost and were laughing on the bus.  Same speech....

Also, if you're not sure, then just get rid of the left side of the bus.  Guaranteed to get the offender.

In high school basketball we lost a game we probably should have won and our coach went off on us.  We all were hanging our heads down and the he screamed at us "you played so bad you couldn't beat your own meat".  Well, we weren't laughing until then. 

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, ousux said:

As if Bo Davis couldn't make that or more somewhere else if he were let go today..

I agree whoever filmed and released that needs to be purged, but props to Bo for showing the only sign of a pulse in that entire bus.

I have no idea what Bo Davis would command today. His history shows that he had success when working with Nick Saban at LSU and Bama, but a lot of people have success when they latch onto Saban. Seperate Davis from his time with Saban and what impresses you about his resume? Its an honest question, I certainly don't follow college assistants that don't coach here,  and his last 5 years post alabama seem rather pedestrian. Meanwhile Bama didnt skip a beat when Davis left. I keep hearing about our world class coaching staff, and keep watching a shit product on the field. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I have no idea what Bo Davis would command today. His history shows that he had success when working with Nick Saban at LSU and Bama, but a lot of people have success when they latch onto Saban. Seperate Davis from his time with Saban and what impresses you about his resume? Its an honest question, I certainly don't follow college assistants that don't coach here,  and his last 5 years post alabama seem rather pedestrian. Meanwhile Bama didnt skip a beat when Davis left. I keep hearing about our world class coaching staff, and keep watching a shit product on the field. 

Sort of makes one think that Saban might not have been too torn up about losing these guys, huh? 

They have skipped a beat since he left, but up until this year and last, the talent on Bama's D line was good enough it didn't matter much. Not sure who was coaching D line in '20 or this year, but they aren't nearly as dominant as they have been in the past. Last year's team had an offensive output high enough it forced opposing teams to become one dimensional early in games. That simplifies things for a defense..balls to the wall pass rush, cover in the backfield.

41 minutes ago, Skipper said:

In a hypothetical world where this could be proven I would take your bet at whatever price you want.  This is 100% some soft entitled loser of a player that is about to portal.

45 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm gonna bet it wasn't a player who leaked this. Maybe some type of equipment manager or trainer or some shit who is always looking for attention and wants to be "cool".

Yeah I'm not sure what leads you to believe one of these losers isn't capable of doing something like this. In fact, it's probably more likely that it was a player seeing that they have the portal to fall back on if shit hits the fan, an equipment manager doesn't have that luxury and is probably scared to even make contact with these coaches.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

A cold shiver down the spine.  One time in 8th grade we lost and were laughing on the bus.  Same speech....

Also, if you're not sure, then just get rid of the left side of the bus.  Guaranteed to get the offender.

In 7th grade we were singing on the bus on the way home after a loss.  Because they were thinking of building a new Jr. High, they had split the teams.  The other team had tied and the coach was yelling at us that he didn't see them singing.

42 minutes ago, ousux said:

As if Bo Davis couldn't make that or more somewhere else if he were let go today..

I agree whoever filmed and released that needs to be purged, but props to Bo for showing the only sign of a pulse in that entire bus.

Nah.  Let the whole team know who did it and have them run the bleachers while the rest of the team practices.

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

In high school basketball we lost a game we probably should have won and our coach went off on us.  We all were hanging our heads down and the he screamed at us "you played so bad you couldn't beat your own meat".  Well, we weren't laughing until then. 

I bet most of yall proved him wrong within hours 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They shouldn’t have recorded and released the clip regardless, but I’m curious about the motivation of the person who released it.   Was it “take a look at this clip of Bo Davis setting fools straight!”  Or was it “OMG, Coach Davis is having a meltdown and verbally abusing us - trigger warning!  Whaaaaahh!”  Or is he so detached and gives so few shits he just thought it was funny - “look at this old guy yelling, u mad bro?  Lulz”

I think it’s probably the third as opposed to the triggered snowflake.   I get more of a don’t give a shit vibe from this team, and surely they’ve been yelled at like this plenty before.

Gonna have to agree.  Probably the third option.  If its the 2nd...  the pussy is strong with this team.  That was pretty tame to some of the shit ive seen coaches do after a loss.  They should be grateful they didnt walk their ass back to austin

Also agree with others that the fact that this video got out at all lets me know we gotta clean house.  I already knew it after last weeks game, but this is the final nail.  I hope all of them listen to Bo and gtfo.  We dont want you.

Edited by DiceHands

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is why I wanna see year 2. 

Granted there's still no excuse for being this shitty in year one.

Sark spent the last few years in the football marines where its all business all the time. Where some of the best talent in the country is fighting off the best recruits in the country for their spot in the two deep. 

They had no idea they were walking into the cfb version of the bad news bears and were blindsided by how horrible the culture is in this program. What they do about it for next seasom is what will tell if Sark is right for the challenge. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Whomever recorded should be ushered out of the program. 

Motherfuckers need to get in the fucking transfer portal.

If this staff wants to survive, they need to burn the program down (massive transfers out and in and huge recruiting freshman class), build it back from the ashes and silo it off from the rest of the university as much as possible.  That is a much easier task for a basketball program but the football program needs to get there if it ever wants to consistently compete again on a national level.  Outside of the hard sciences, this generation of students (particularly at an institution like UT) is indulged and coddled like no other in history and it bleeds into athletics.  The Ohio State and Alabama football programs don't interact with the larger university.  The players live, train, "study", eat and basically exist separate from the university (including the other athletes) in NFL boot camps.  If that approach isn't palatable for Texas, stop pretending to be serious about football and embrace Nebraska status (which at least has a legitimate excuse for its irrelevance).       

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I think you're right. I think most kids are cynical about canned meat head freak outs from coaches. They've seen it all before. We all have. I don't think it works at all on anyone over the age of 15.

• Hook 'Em 2