11.15.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

15 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

You’ve got a bunch of elite athletes that come to campus and are told they’re victims. The professors tell them, fellow students tell them. They’re told a song hurt them. Their told everyone else needs to change but never told they need to change or improve. A victim culture makes for a poor winning culyure

Meh. We created a 2nd band to take care of all this. 

But even the 2nd band was smart enough to stay away Saturday night. 

37 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

You’ve got a bunch of elite athletes that come to campus and are told they’re victims. The professors tell them, fellow students tell them. They’re told a song hurt them. Their told everyone else needs to change but never told they need to change or improve. A victim culture makes for a poor winning culyure

Really really stupid

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

Sark’s a likable guy, unlike his predecessor. It’s disappointing that guys would rather play hard for the asshole we just got rid of rather than him.

A few of the guys on the defense need to look in the mirror and realize they sucked shit under the old coach and they suck shit under the new coach. So maybe it's not the coaches who are the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

A few of the guys on the defense need to look in the mirror and realize they sucked shit under the old coach and they suck shit under the new coach. So maybe it's not the coaches who are the problem. 

a victim rarely finds fault with themselves or tries to course correct... which is why some people have the theory about woke victim bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Playing bad and winning is the worst thing that can happen???? No.  No it’s not.

this is funny because they love to say playing bad and winning is great because you can still coach them hard during the week after a win.

Sark is a JEDI Master when it comes to press conferences.

57 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

That culture only exists in Austin. Interesting take. 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

How, specifically, was it mismanaged?

He absolutely should have been fired.  

So, when he was asked to resign and help preserve the program, and he instead chose to not only pitch a fit, but also torpedo Texas' plans for replacing him, what should have been done about that?

Texas’ Rip should have driven Mack to the train station …

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

unfortunately he is our standard. I see people saying Ash was a miracle worker for finishing 7th in the Big 12 last year. People believe that was a good defense. Last 3 years Texas is 8th, 7th, and 8th in defense. Texas has finished 7th or lower in total defense in the Big 12 5 of the last 7 years. 

Where are we right now?

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That's because when you are the richest program in the country the guys that provide the riches want to call the shots.  We can either have the money or a well run program.

I can't believe I'm the first person to rep this comment. 

Somewhere in our power structure is a man with the ego and intellect of Jerry Jones.  

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Jesus fucking Christ, can everyone stop with the blaming woke whatever virtue signaling? Sterns led the charge with all that last year and he’s more than holding his own in the NFL right now. The players just suck at football and the coaches suck at coaching them. It’s nothing more than that.

Sterns also didn't play hard or commit himself to this program. Kind of a weird example to use. We have plenty of guys killing it in the league - a lot of whom weren't even big standouts while they were here - the issue is what they accomplish on campus.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sterns also didn't play hard or commit himself to this program. Kind of a weird example to use. We have plenty of guys killing it in the league - a lot of whom weren't even big standouts while they were here - the issue is what they accomplish on campus.

Big 12 defensive freshman of the year and first team all conference player didn’t play hard. Interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Big 12 defensive freshman of the year and first team all conference player didn’t play hard. Interesting. 

I didn't think I needed to spell out Sterns' career. I figured anyone that's been paying a semblance of attention to this program since 2018 would understand what I meant.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

No one should be surprised that there is buy in lacking on this team… it’s clear in every game we’ve watched this year that they don’t show the passion or desire to play. The blocking sucks and so does the tackling and that’s been the indictment all year, which goes directly to buy in and fight.

there are going to be a lot of transfers, but a lot of these guys that think they are hot shit aren’t going to big time schools so whatever

4 hours ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

If (and that's a big if) this is happening at Texas it's also happening at Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia . . . maybe it's not the Eyes issue, but you get the idea.

Edited by David Dennison

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This is the definition of disingenuous.

‘And I’m not even commenting on the woke shit.  Dude packed it in and played not to get hurt.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

How, specifically, was it mismanaged?

He absolutely should have been fired.  

So, when he was asked to resign and help preserve the program, and he instead chose to not only pitch a fit, but also torpedo Texas' plans for replacing him, what should have been done about that?

Maybe have the foresight to mitigate the inevitable temper tantrum and thwart his ability to torpedo your plans for replacing him.

Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

iMaybe have the foresight to mitigate the inevitable temper tantrum and thwart his ability to torpedo your plans for replacing him.

Just a thought.

I'm sure they thought of it.  They didn't do it.  The question is... why not?

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Sark’s a likable guy, unlike his predecessor. It’s disappointing that guys would rather play hard for the asshole we just got rid of rather than him.

You think Nick Saban and Urban Meyer aren't huge assholes?

Yesterday morning while running errands I caught a bit of the Cowboys pregame show on the radio. They had Jane Slater on and brought up Longhorns football. She said she was so excited for for season because she met and liked Sark but stopped following the team much the last couple of years because of how horrible Herman treated people she used to work with on LHN. 

54 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'm sure they thought of it.  They didn't do it.  The question is... why not?

Because our BMDs are not ahem....aligned.  

Witty Tom Herman shots aside this is exactly what people have been talking about with respect to these guys.  In a really well run large organization the people who deliver the capital (BMDs) deliver that capital and entrust it to the people they think are the best and brightest to properly utilize it for the job they have to do (we will call that the President and AD in this situation and the job being from an athletics standpoint to raise money and hire coaches that win titles) and get the fuck out of the way and let them do their fucking jobs.  If they fail at those things then yes they replace them, but still those are supposed to be the guys with the backgrounds/skills/connections and know how to get those two things done when it comes to athletics.  

Instead we have a bunch of Jerry Jones who think because they deliver the capital they somehow also have the backgrounds/skills/connections and know how.  They think that money translates to ability to perform this task and they constantly get in the fucking way instead of letting the guys who are SUPPOSED to be the throats to choke on such matters just simply do their fucking jobs and stand or fail on their own merits.

So in that situation you got a bunch of cooks in the kitchen.  Some are Mack sycophants, others want him gone but they all think their voice matters and instead of a unified "retire gracefully or Tony here packs your fucking box" you get this herp derp 10-20 days of getting to the inevitable in the absolute messiest way possible.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Because our BMDs are not ahem....aligned.  

Witty Tom Herman shots aside this is exactly what people have been talking about with respect to these guys.  In a really well run large organization the people who deliver the capital (BMDs) deliver that capital and entrust it to the people they think are the best and brightest to properly utilize it for the job they have to do (we will call that the President and AD in this situation and the job being from an athletics standpoint to raise money and hire coaches that win titles) and get the fuck out of the way and let them do their fucking jobs.  If they fail at those things then yes they replace them, but still those are supposed to be the guys with the backgrounds/skills/connections and know how to get those two things done when it comes to athletics.  

Instead we have a bunch of Jerry Jones who think because they deliver the capital they somehow also have the backgrounds/skills/connections and know how.  They think that money translates to ability to perform this task and they constantly get in the fucking way instead of letting the guys who are SUPPOSED to be the throats to choke on such matters just simply do their fucking jobs and stand or fail on their own merits.

So in that situation you got a bunch of cooks in the kitchen.  Some are Mack sycophants, others want him gone but they all think their voice matters and instead of a unified "retire gracefully or Tony here packs your fucking box" you get this herp derp 10-20 days of getting to the inevitable in the absolute messiest way possible.

So, what you’re saying is that we need to bring in the Mafia to rebuild this program?

I’m in a hunert percent.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He could have asked the same question like this:

" coach,  this season is a disaster. Many on your team, especially defense, play like they don't care about winning. What will you do to fix this and turn it back into a double digit wins program?"

Fuhgettaboutit!

”So, Stevie, you know I love you right?  Right?  Haven’t I always been good to you?  Watched out for you?  Yeaaaah, I knew ya knew it!  (Squeezes cheeks) So Stevie, some of the fellas are a little worried about your friend Pete Kwit…Kwitkow…whatevah.  We’d like you to have him come by the place tomorrow.  You know, the place.  Make sure he comes alone.  Capiche?

Here, take this.  Take your little lady out for a nice night and get a new haircut for fucksake!

And take it easy on the booze.  No booze!!!

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"Hey Sark quick question - the year was 1964. I was stationed on a pontoon boat deep in the steamy jungles of the Mekong delta. Our supplies were running thin and our radio operator was succumbing to a potentially fatal infection that had arose from what should have been a harmless bullet wound. I wasn't much for believing in God but I figured I best start believing in somethingso anyway - what adjustments do you feel are necessary for the offense to get going earlier against West Virginia?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1