Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

FWIW, I was a Freshman in Fall of '89 and I think my initial registration was done on scantron bubble forms at FAC. And I know I had to do adds and drops at the Erwin Center once. I dont' remember using TEX until maybe Spring of '90? Maybe TEX was online before then but not mandatory? 

Edited by Paper_jam

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

FWIW, I was a Freshman in Fall of '89 and I think my initial registration was done on scantron bubble forms at FAC. And I know I had to do adds and drops at the Erwin Center once. I dont' remember using TEX until maybe Spring of '90? Maybe TEX was online before then but not mandatory? 

I was a freshman the same semester and that’s what I remember as well. 

14 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

Either VTech is ponying up to prevent Buzz from making what is at best a lateral move or word has gotten to A&M regents from the lege that the minimal chance in hell that you will be getting extra $ to fund your school will drop to less than zero if you overpay for a basketball coach that is making what is at best a lateral move. 

For $3.5m, why would Tech let him go? They can match that. If they don't WANT to, why even have a basketball program?

16 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

I was a freshman in the fall of 1990 and it was all TEX.  But I do recall upperclassmen telling me about the Erwin Center and that TEX was "new" at the time.

And I'm sure it was much better than standing in line for adds n drops, but there was more than one occasion when I couldn't get the sections, or even the classes, that I wanted, and TEX's cruel departing message went like:

"You are registered for... ZERO... courses, for a total of...ZERO... hours.  Goodbye, and good luck."

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Armybrat’s total tuition bill for the fall semester of 1962 was $100 (full load, blanket tax, and just for nothing fees). Books ran another $50-$60, which I thought was an outrageous scam. Gregory Gym was a bit warm, so afterwards I went up the street to Hilberg’s Cafe for a chicken fried steak lunch (side of mashed taters, house salad, and iced tea). 85 Cents.

pre-OUsux days. It was just “fuck OU” then.

I think you were like 5 years ahead of my granddad. He has some great stories, including being on campus with my grandmother when Whitman started shooting (I mean, that wasn't great, but fascinating to hear him talk about it).

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Yeah, I was there for summer school when that happened. Was eating lunch at the Holiday House with my roomie (Flameburger #5 FTW), then went around to the parking lot on 21st to watch it while crouched behind a car.

any chance you knew a Lana Cannon? She was my 8th grade English teacher and was also there

41 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

You’re right. We should just do away with all of the different boards. Fuck it. Get rid of threads too. Let’s just have a single stream of consciousness page of ramblings. I love to mix my recruiting talk with cloak room shit.

sitepandawhalecom GIF

Jimbo just figured out aggy’s entire history of futility.  I don’t even need to read the article.  The headline sums up aggy football perfectly.  Not just this team.  All of aggy football ever.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Jimbo-Fisher-Aggies-depth-Nowhere-close-13734638.php

Jimbo Fisher on Texas A&M depth: ‘Nowhere close with guys who can play championship-level football’

Edited by nnm

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Jimbo just figured out aggy’s entire history of futility.  I don’t even need to read the article.  The headline sums up aggy football perfectly.  Not just this team.  All of aggy football ever.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Jimbo-Fisher-Aggies-depth-Nowhere-close-13734638.php

Jimbo Fisher on Texas A&M depth: ‘Nowhere close with guys who can play championship-level football’

Is this better or worse than having “some” guys that can play at a conference or national championship level on the team?

16 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Jimbo just showing how red ass, ruff stuff stuff and definitely NOT a cuck he is by challenging the players, you stupid sips.

More like warning them to stay away from his wife, while also passively aggressively pointing out to his wife they are losers and therefore should not be slept with. He’s proactive this time. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Orange&White said:

You’re right. We should just do away with all of the different boards. Fuck it. Get rid of threads too. Let’s just have a single stream of consciousness page of ramblings. I love to mix my recruiting talk with cloak room shit.

Relax-Surly-Gal.jpg

• Like 1