• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, BERT said:

Go on

Okay.

Aggy is Texas Tech with a god complex.

Johnny Manziel was the most overrated player in NCAA history.

Their beloved band isn't even in the top 50 marching bands in the country.

Their campus looks like a giant mental institution, which it is.

College Station is a shitty little town that only idiots would be proud of.

Male cheerleaders.

Yell practice.

Fish camp.

Red ass.

Nut squeezing.

A couple thousand repressed homosexuals dressed up like G.I. Joe beating people up for stepping on the grass.

They're just fucking bizarre.  I wish we could move College Station to Mississippi where it belongs.

And we should never play them in football again.  27-25 forever.

• Like 2

Your points are well taken, however starting a new thread about every thought you have about them is very aggy-like. We already have a master aggy jizz jar hall of championships thread, like the civilized people we are.

Edited by OU Sucks

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Pretty sure this could have been posted on the aggy thread. But yes, fuck them forever!

Your points are well taken, however starting a new thread about every thought you have about them is very aggy-like. We already have a master aggy jizz jar hall of championships thread, like the civilized people we are.

While this may be true, it is also true that it cannot be overstated.   I have a strong suspicion that archer was forced by work, or for other reasons to be in the "area" or was forced to deal with multiple aggy yesterday.

Edited by SHOOTER12

I don't know if this is the right place, but here is our response to Barrett Sallee saying that Texas is afraid of Texas A&M. (starts at 15:40)

As opposed to Sallee’s homerish argument, I thought those guys made a pretty neutral, unbiased argument.

I listen to the podcast every week. Good stuff.

However, I think you were a little off this time, Will, in saying that the two are scared of playing each other. Obviously, aggy is scared of us but in what way/how is Texas been scared to play? We didn't get the Big 12 to reassign us to another bowl (twice) and we haven't out right said no to aggy publicly like they have. What gives?

However, I think you were a little off this time, Will, in saying that the two are scared of playing each other. Obviously, aggy is scared of us but in what way/how is Texas been scared to play? We didn't get the Big 12 to reassign us to another bowl (twice) and we haven't out right said no to aggy publicly like they have. What gives?
Neither of them mentioned eternal scoreboard, OR the fact aggy would have to dominate the series for quite a while just to draw even on the W/L, much less take the overall lead.

3 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I mean she's right that UF had more resources and better players than aggy.

Other than that, she's just fucking insane. She could not have found a better match than aggy.

FSU was able to get rid of Jimbo AND that crazy lady!  Double win.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, BigHorn said:

Neither of them mentioned eternal scoreboard, OR the fact aggy would have to dominate the series for quite a while just to draw even on the W/L, much less take the overall lead.

TBH these are irrelevant or reason's Texas avoids playing A&M

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The idea is that it's not that either of them have outright shown fear of each other. It's more so that they don't want to risk the perceived advantages they have by playing each other.

Just because Texas hasn't said no doesn't mean that they are willing to face them. As Joe said, both the AD's have each other's numbers. Both would probably get the game going, but neither want to. The reason being both are fine with the perceived advantages they have (whether they are justifiable or not).

Texas is scared of playing A&M not because they are afraid of A&M itself, but they fear the fact that if they lose then A&M can say they're not what they were in the Big 12 anymore, it's a new era, blah blah blah, and they'll have the result on the field to prove it. Then Texas loses recruiting ground, loses eternal scoreboard, and has a whole bunch of angry fans.

Texas A&M is scared of Texas for a similar reason. The perception that comes if they lose. They can tell themselves all they want that they are not living in the shadow of Texas and that they are equal because there is no game to prove that they are potentially lesser. If there was a game Texas A&M loses the ability to say this. They'd lose face, lose recruiting ground, and also have a bunch of angry fans.

Simply put, it's too risky for both the schools to really want to play each other. No really that they're scared of each other, but they are 110% fine avoiding playing each other.

Edited by OnAComputer

My favorite take on agy insanity is the burial of their dead collie mascots.  They put them in the ground standing up, facing the football stadium.  Then they fill in the dirt.  They hung a plugged-in scoreboard on the side of the stadium, facing where the dogs are buried--specifically so the dogs can keep track of the scores during games. 

This is wrong on so many levels: 1. The dog is dead, so it cannot see the scoreboard.  2. The dog is underground, another reason it cannot see. 3. Even if the dog were alive, it cannot read or comprehend numbers; and it would have to be above ground even if it gave a damn and looked at the scoreboard.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks for the elaboration @OnAComputer. What about the recent scheduling of Alabama and the reports that CDC first called aggy, who then said no? Wouldn't that be an example of our AD "making the call?" I get what your saying on what the loss would mean for Texas but I think it's exaggerated. Playing a home and home series means it wouldn't come down to one game for bragging rights. I can't picture a post season matchup because they keep saying "in a New Year's or playoff, maybe" but we all know they're not going to get to anytime soon (and, once again, seems aggy is scared of or else we would've played in the Texas Bowl in '14 and last season.) Hell, Looch was saying as much yesterday with also throwing in the qualifier of both teams being in the top 25 before it should even be considered. 

Maybe we just disagree and the burnt orange glasses are stapled to my head, but it seems like aggy is scared and has much more to lose in looking ridiculous if they couldn't beat us, and their actions since leaving and reason for suggest just that. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
scared/risky whatever you wanna call it
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

disagree here.  i think that title belongs to reggie bush . however johnny isn't far behind  

Tim Tebow would like a word with you sir.  He is still sucking off Percy Harvin in thanks for making him a winner.

31 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Thanks for the elaboration @OnAComputer. What about the recent scheduling of Alabama and the reports that CDC first called aggy, who then said no? Wouldn't that be an example of our AD "making the call?" I get what your saying on what the loss would mean for Texas but I think it's exaggerated. Playing a home and home series means it wouldn't come down to one game for bragging rights. I can't picture a post season matchup because they keep saying "in a New Year's or playoff, maybe" but we all know they're not going to get to anytime soon (and, once again, seems aggy is scared of or else we would've played in the Texas Bowl in '14 and last season.) Hell, Looch was saying as much yesterday with also throwing in the qualifier of both teams being in the top 25 before it should even be considered. 

Maybe we just disagree and the burnt orange glasses are stapled to my head, but it seems like aggy is scared and has much more to lose in looking ridiculous if they couldn't beat us, and their actions since leaving and reason for suggest just that. 

On the CDC calling A&M. Perhaps there is a hole in my argument, but it seems like they rejected the offer because they already have Miami scheduled then. That'd be a lot for OOC to be fair.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Texas is scared of playing A&M not because they are afraid of A&M itself, but they fear the fact that if they lose then A&M can say they're not what they were in the Big 12 anymore, it's a new era, blah blah blah, and they'll have the result on the field to prove it. Then Texas loses recruiting ground, loses eternal scoreboard, and has a whole bunch of angry fans.

aggy already says and tries to sell that crap right now, regardless of any factual basis. They ignore history, or re-write it to sell their narrative, and this is the basis of much of their negative recruiting against Texas. If we played them again and lost a game, sure, they would turn their baseless rhetoric up to 11, but it really wouldn't have a long-term effect, just like it never has in the 100+ year history of the rivalry. Right now, aggy has a hell of a lot more to lose than Texas, because they are the historically weaker program. The only thing that has changed for them today, is the SEC conference and their ability to piggyback on the success of Bama, Georgia, etc. Losing on the field to Texas would be such a devastating blow to their massive inferiority complex, that they would wallow in pure un-cut misery. If this is followed by Jimbo struggling to win the SEC, or more realistically, the SEC West, they would experience an extinction level event of depression that would likely create a black hole in the heart of college station. The risk is far, far to great for aggy to take.

Is that "Corps of Cadets" as phony as I'm told?

I hear half of those dudes don't end up serving in the actual US military.  And those ribbons they wear...not real military?

Anyway, in my couple years with the grunts we had Platoon and Company COs from USNA, VMI, The Citadel, other regular schools...no aTm that I ever heard.

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

DdzdGe_U0AE0TsY.jpgDdzeSlSU8AEZamV.jpg

I don't know a single Nole that wants the guy back. I'm married into a family full of Nole boosters. Taggart is packing the house on booster tours and people who stopped giving because of Jimbo are giving again. 

Her comparison to Spurrier is hilarious. Spurrier brought something the SEC had never seen before. Jimbo is running the same snail paced offense he's used for 25 years.

6 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

Is that "Corps of Cadets" as phony as I'm told?

I hear half of those dudes don't end up serving in the actual US military.  And those ribbons they wear...not real military?

Anyway, in my couple years with the grunts we had Platoon and Company COs from USNA, VMI, The Citadel, other regular schools...no aTm that I ever heard.

The corps of cadets is a national joke, and they’re the only ones unaware of it.