• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

It probably won't happen, but I keep thinking the great bailout would be before Bama.  I mean think about it, would one rather bail early and avoid complete embarrassment and destruction?  Or wait until afterwards and bail from your hospital bed?

But then again we are talking about aggy.

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Poor Weigman. They’re already putting unrealistic expectations on that kid and saying shit like Arch Manning will wish he was as good as Weigman. Also they’re 5-0 if King doesn’t get hurt so there’s a moral victory for their dumpster fire of a season. Never change aggy. 

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

The even funnier thing -- the extra point you might say -- is that aggy STILL didn't get a buyout clause in the contract!

laughing-haha.gif

I’m trying to understand the full scope of the idiocy of this contract…

My understanding is after this year, 9 more years which starting paying him 9 million in 2022.  Annual raises. 
If they get tired of his ass and he wins zero games, there is no negotiated buyout?  They own him the full amount whether he finishes the contract or not?

what if he wants to retire or leave?  Is a new team able to hire him away and do they have to take over his contract?

what if he gets caught dry humping a coed at the Dixie Chicken? 
is there anyway at all that they get out of this contract?

I think the best case scenario for us is that he does just well enough that they can’t justify paying him out to move on to another coach and they continue their existence as a mid/lower tier SEC program. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I think the best case scenario for us is that he does just well enough that they can’t justify paying him out to move on to another coach and they continue their existence as a mid/lower tier SEC program. 

True, but aggy will have a harder time with this after UT and OU join the SEC and they go to a 9-game league schedule. Those 8-4 mirages will be more difficult to come by.

Edited by DFW Horn

1 hour ago, Fud said:

C Luke Matthews and CB Brian George out for the year. CB Myles Jones had foot surgery, so presumably he's also out for awhile 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Jones and George were basically co-starters at CB opposite of Jaylon Jones. Pretty bad to lose both, they don't exactly have great depth there

6tW.gif

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm pretty sure Spiller is getting NFL advice from Footwork King. This is the guy that told Quartney Davis to leave early. 

FWK is on twitter constantly trying to sell Spiller to people like he did with Quartney Davis before he left early. I would not be shocked at all if Spiller opts out soon. 

Spiller will be drafted pretty highly. Day 2

29 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

My understanding is after this year, 9 more years which starting paying him 9 million in 2022.  Annual raises. 
If they get tired of his ass and he wins zero games, there is no negotiated buyout?  THAT IS MY UNDERSTANDING

They own him the full amount whether he finishes the contract or not? YES

what if he wants to retire or leave?  Is a new team able to hire him away and do they have to take over his contract? HE'S FREE TO LEAVE WHENEVER HE WANTS. THE NEW TEAM WILL NOT HAVE TO TAKE OVER HIS CONTRACT BUT IT STANDS TO REASON THAT HE WOULD NEED MORE TO LEAVE UNLESS HE'S GETTING OUT AHEAD OF THE POSSE

what if he gets caught dry humping a coed at the Dixie Chicken? I IMAGINE THERE'S SOME STANDARD SHIT IN THE CONTRACT THAT THEY CAN FIRE HIM FOR CAUSE, SAY SOMETHING ILLEGAL. LOSING IS NOT "CAUSE."

is there anyway at all that they get out of this contract? NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

If they get tired of his ass and he wins zero games, there is no negotiated buyout?  They own him the full amount whether he finishes the contract or not?

what if he wants to retire or leave?  Is a new team able to hire him away and do they have to take over his contract?

what if he gets caught dry humping a coed at the Dixie Chicken? 
is there anyway at all that they get out of this contract?

If he retires or leaves, they do not have to pay him.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

I'll be surprised if this team doesn't come completely uncorked after 'bama thoroughly trounces them. Especially if Saban  decides to really stick the knife in deep and twist for the comments Jimbo made earlier this year...   If that doesn't do it, back to back losses to Auburn and 'Ol Miss should do the trick. 

If he doesn't lose the locker room, he'll still lose the fan base.  Talking about fucking yourself in recruiting right before the Texas problem crashes the party.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've got their expected regular season win total at 6.6 (using a 100% win probability against PVA&M). Here are the probabilities of every possible regular season record:

4-8: 1.2%
5-7: 12.0%
6-6: 31.6%
7-5: 36.5%
8-4: 16.8%
9-3: 1.9%
10-2: 0-0%

Just used a Monte Carlo simulation. There is some rounding, e.g., 4 out of 10,000 trials resulted in a 10-2 record.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

And because people will ask, here's Texas (expected 9.037 wins):

4-8: 0.0%
5-7: 0.1%
6-6: 1.1%
7-5: 7.8%
8-4: 21.4%
9-3: 33.9%
10-2: 27.5%
11-1: 8.3%

I think the odds for Texas are a little high right now, personally, but that's what they are. I don't think Oklahoma will be as shitty this Saturday as they've been so far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy coming to the realization next year could be a total rebuild. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/how-many-starters-do-we-have-to-replace-in-2022/98553249/

From that thread “QB: It's obvious at this point that Weigman is a level above both King and Calzada. 

Haynes King was the next Payton Manning. Injured in game 2, he’s already a place holder until the REAL next Payton Manning graduates HS to come be their savior?  Never change aggy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

Please let Alabama beat aggy in a blowout.

if Spiller leaves, they won’t make a bowl game.

1. Don't waste a prayer on a sure thing. Tide Rolls

2. Jimbo doesn't use Spiller effectively, anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

Edited by DFW Horn

59 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

From that thread “QB: It's obvious at this point that Weigman is a level above both King and Calzada. 

Haynes King was the next Payton Manning. Injured in game 2, he’s already a place holder until the REAL next Payton Manning graduates HS to come be their savior?  Never change aggy

King was the next Manning and Calzada was the next Favre. Although now, from all appearances, it looks like Urban Meyer has more in common with Favre than does Calzada.

Just gonna post this here for context because I somehow missed this until just now and maybe others have too.

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1445070893181546499?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1445070893181546499|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tigerdroppings.com%2Fnfl%2Fanother-video-of-urban-meyer-has-emerged%2F98740317%2F

• Haha 3

I went to Texags to see what's new. I also liked their defense film study episode last week with one of their former greats (Ty Warren?), so I was hoping to catch that again.

There was a tape of Liucci interviewing Wydermyer, a regular feature. I wanted to see how Wydermyer came across (very good actually). 

Liucci is such a yokel asshole. Look how he's presenting for the interview.

image.png.3f587847b1d300672564391f9062bd6f.png

Baseball cap (1 point for wearing correctly) and the stupid mullet. It's sort of a microcosm of Aggies' hostility to anything formal, professional, or tasteful. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

As stated elsewhere, Jimbo will run the play clock down every play on offense and call tons of screens and draws to shorten the game and limit bama possessions. 

This. I DVR the aggy games to watch later so I can get things done around the house.  It's amazing but I can hit the"skip" forward button (30 seconds) and still have to wait 8-10 seconds for aggy to snap the ball. Of course, when time's running out and they are in a hurry, I only have to wait 5-6 seconds.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I'll be surprised if this team doesn't come completely uncorked after 'bama thoroughly trounces them. Especially if Saban  decides to really stick the knife in deep and twist for the comments Jimbo made earlier this year...   If that doesn't do it, back to back losses to Auburn and 'Ol Miss should do the trick. 

If he doesn't lose the locker room, he'll still lose the fan base.  Talking about fucking yourself in recruiting right before the Texas problem crashes the party.

Alabama will come in on cruise control.  They’ll win handily.  But I doubt it’s 50 or 60 to zero.  They’ll treat this a bye week or those games against Prairie view, etc.   Lon sustained drives that grind you down.  

or not.  I’d love to see 78-0, just to break the record.  

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The grackle will forever be the new sign for death of an Aggie season. Forget vultures circling we have "the grackle"!!!

I'm thinking that maybe Jimbo tried to inspire the team and yelled "Release the Kraken!!" and all the student manager could find was the grackle.

• Haha 5