• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

It comes from one report in one year a few years ago that they were the #1 revenue generating athletic department in the country (specifically for that year). This was in a year when donations went way up for their stadium renovation, they got a loan for the stadium, and they questionably counted a bunch of that as revenue, which pushed them to #1.

Ever since then, they "have more money than the sips" 🙄

Baylor did the same thing when they built the toilet bowl. Ian McCaw booked a one-time donation and bond sale proceeds as general revenue or something. At a glance it looked like they were in UT fundraising territory for the year. Did not know aggy did the same thing. Figures. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mike Evans carried Manziel. So many times he'd just chunk up a prayer and Evans would come down with it. 

Evans and that NFL OL. 

After watching “Quarterback” on Netflix, it’s even more evident that JFF never had a prayer in the NFL. You have to do a crazy amount of study to be even a serviceable backup in the NFL. JFF couldn’t be bothered with that. 

Even a tiny amount of due diligence would have disqualified him. 

Also certainly explains why spread QBs have a hard time adjusting to the NFL. Baker obviously hasn’t figured out that he actually has to work. Kudos to Minshew for making the adjustment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

What really bothers me is that he talks a good line - he comes across very impressively in pretty much every interview I've seen. He seems to have all the bases covered, but we, the team, seem unprepared at times, and he doesn't appear to have any real backup plan when things aren't working. I've blamed it on his trying to be both the HC and his own OC, but... we'll see. 

At least we aren't saddled with Jimbo, so I guess that's a plus.

• Hook 'Em 1

Johnny Football documentary | His biggest regret: “Picking Texas A&M over Texas”

Posted on 8/8/23 at 8:35 pm

Posted on secrant….but…after reviewing the documentary, nobody could prove he actually said that.  But, he did say that he always wanted to go to UT, but he was recruited by Texas as a db, not a qb…the rest is ….. aggy history.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

It comes from one report in one year a few years ago that they were the #1 revenue generating athletic department in the country (specifically for that year). This was in a year when donations went way up for their stadium renovation, they got a loan for the stadium, and they questionably counted a bunch of that as revenue, which pushed them to #1.

Ever since then, they "have more money than the sips" 🙄

It’s all they have.  Aggies are stacking MNCs for their fan base where they can, biggest stadium once, most money, #1 recruiting class of all time.. 

If you’re in O&G and/or real estate in Texas you know a few Aggies who are very capable, with a prodigious intellect and often girth to match.   

But that’s not their fan base.   Their fan base is the greater Houston suburban insurance salesman, the construction company superintendent and the EMT/volunteer firefighter on wife #3 with 5 boys who might be quality athletes is they weren’t always suspended from school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

What really bothers me is that he talks a good line - he comes across very impressively in pretty much every interview I've seen. He seems to have all the bases covered, but we, the team, seem unprepared at times, and he doesn't appear to have any real backup plan when things aren't working. I've blamed it on his trying to be both the HC and his own OC, but... we'll see. 

At least we aren't saddled with Jimbo, so I guess that's a plus.

Steve Sarkisian’s in-game coaching is the embodiment of the Tom Herman concerned face gif. Prove me wrong. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s all they have.  Aggies are stacking MNCs for their fan base where they can, biggest stadium once, most money, #1 recruiting class of all time.. 
If you’re in O&G and/or real estate in Texas you know a few Aggies who are very capable, with a prodigious intellect and often girth to match.   

But that’s not their fan base.   Their fan base is the greater Houston suburban insurance salesman, the construction company superintendent and the EMT/volunteer firefighter on wife #3 with 5 boys who might be quality athletes is they weren’t always suspended from school. 

Don’t forget the people in “agriculture” in SE Texas. I have rice farming family members that have loved aggy for decades, while none of them took a seat in CS, except the football stadium.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Don’t forget the people in “agriculture” in SE Texas. I have rice farming family members that have loved aggy for decades, while none of them took a seat in CS, except the football stadium.

Hook’em!!!

Rice, cotton, milo... facts. Farmers, fight! Can't really blame 'em all that much.

12 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Steve Sarkisian’s in-game coaching is the embodiment of the Tom Herman concerned face gif. Prove me wrong. 

Except he (Sark) does more squatting.

Trying to recall seeing Saban looking worried and/or clueless on the sidelines, and can't pull that picture up. I do remember him looking fucking angry as all get-out, though. 

Angry people win football games. People who worry all the time get sick and die.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, nnm said:

Even a tiny amount of due diligence would have disqualified him. 

The miracle of that draft was that JFF didn't become a Cowboy, for exactly the situation you describe.

9 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

The draft night rumor was that Stephen Jones had to physically pry JFF's name away from his dad when the Cowboys were up in the 1st round. Thank God.

I commented with friends( and possibly on here) during the draft that they let Jerry have the phone, it just wasn't plugged in.

JFF was SOOOOOO in his wheelhouse, it wasn't even funny.

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Theres gotta be footage somewhere of Jerrah trying to draft him and Stephen telling him off that was gonna eventually be used in some documentary but is now lost on a shelf somewhere, right?

I'm not too sure Jerry would care about media that might come back to bite him.....

jerry.jpg

1410346022284_wps_28_article_2717451_204BBD280.jpg

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That's really too bad, JFF would have made a perfect Cowboy

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

negged

The first one is correct. It would have been perfect, and the fallout fodder would be feeding aggy tears to this very day.

Not that we need even more aggy tears, but are they ever sufficient?

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The first one is correct. It would have been perfect, and the fallout fodder would be feeding aggy tears to this very day.

Not that we need even more aggy tears, but are they ever sufficient?

negged

No johnnyff anywhere near Dallas ever.  The End.

Edited by utee94

aggy strikes yet again,

A father is alleging that he and his eight-year-old daughter were kicked out of an Olive Garden in College Station, Texas, for asking for a different waiter after his daughter expressed concern at the presence of a transgender employee.

The incident, which reportedly occurred on July 18, 2023, was detailed in an open letter that the father, whose signed it as “Kevin,” sent to the restaurant chain and shared with Haley Kennington, an investigative reporter formerly with The Daily Wire. The father says he is a veteran, and calls the incident an example of “tyranny.” (RELATED: Young Girl Who Says She Was Forced To Share Locker Room With Biological Male Speak Out)

“My daughter told me she was scared because the waiter sounded like a man but looked like a woman,” the father wrote in the letter. “The waiter was a man wearing a woman’s hair style (curled/wavy), sparkling earrings, face makeup, bright blue eye makeup, and purple lipstick. I discreetly and respectfully asked for a different server. We were promptly kicked out of the restaurant by the manager. We stood up and left.”

On 8/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, Tex Long said:

Sark-Outfit.jpg

• Haha 2

aggy strikes yet again,

A father is alleging that he and his eight-year-old daughter were kicked out of an Olive Garden in College Station, Texas, for asking for a different waiter after his daughter expressed concern at the presence of a transgender employee.

The incident, which reportedly occurred on July 18, 2023, was detailed in an open letter that the father, whose signed it as “Kevin,” sent to the restaurant chain and shared with Haley Kennington, an investigative reporter formerly with The Daily Wire. The father says he is a veteran, and calls the incident an example of “tyranny.” (RELATED: Young Girl Who Says She Was Forced To Share Locker Room With Biological Male Speak Out)

“My daughter told me she was scared because the waiter sounded like a man but looked like a woman,” the father wrote in the letter. “The waiter was a man wearing a woman’s hair style (curled/wavy), sparkling earrings, face makeup, bright blue eye makeup, and purple lipstick. I discreetly and respectfully asked for a different server. We were promptly kicked out of the restaurant by the manager. We stood up and left.”

I’m just speechless that there is one of “those” in B/CS, as if he/she thought that it’d be accepted there?

Hook’em!!!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

aggy strikes yet again,

image.thumb.jpeg.a958c0d3b6173f4eab175161b92a3267.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 7:35 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Mike Evans carried Manziel. So many times he'd just chunk up a prayer and Evans would come down with it. 

I remember seeing an interview with Mike Evans where he admitted how he hated Johnny and couldn't stand to be around him, but on game days he would put their differences aside. 

On 8/9/2023 at 6:01 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Johnny Football documentary | His biggest regret: “Picking Texas A&M over Texas”

Posted on 8/8/23 at 8:35 pm

Posted on secrant….but…after reviewing the documentary, nobody could prove he actually said that.  But, he did say that he always wanted to go to UT, but he was recruited by Texas as a db, not a qb…the rest is ….. aggy history.

Just what we needed. A smaller, goofier-looking version of SloNeal.