Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

17 hours ago, statsman said:

UCLA should be there in the last 70 years. 

I have a fond spot for that team. Their coach, Red Sanders, called his wife one night to say he would be working late. He died later, of a heart attack, in a downtown hotel with a hooker and a bottle of liquor. 

I guess you could say that he died doing what he loved. 

You Magnificent Bastard... As much wiki can be relied upon as a source ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Sanders

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

24 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

You Magnificent Bastard... As much wiki can be relied upon as a source ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Sanders

Thanks! The unseemly death isn’t the only reason UCLA doesn’t lean into his memory. There was also a mini-scandal where he irritated a lot of fans by dropping an n-bomb at a booster meeting. 

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Why don't y'all take that topic to its own thread or PM's?

Really? You're complaining about a slight digression in a thread with almost 60,000 posts, and a few hundred other digressions? Congratulations, essence of Surly.

To be fair "Essence of Surly" is a decent name for a band, a Fragrance, or a Rogue Shop product.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Why don't y'all take that topic to its own thread or PM's?

I will have you know I am munching on a stack of cheese of different varieties and eating chicken fried steak while reading about Lou Gehrig's disease.

I too am amazed at how coincidental it is that his own disease killed him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Priorities for aggy…

I don't understand what impact playing Big Bro has on the decision to fire him or not (reality being you can't afford to, near future either). Are they implying 'Jimbo is bad enough to fire, but we can beat those damn sips with him' ? If anything it gives them a built-in excuse if Texas beats then next year-'it's Jimbo's fault, he sucks". Of course aggy has another built-in excuse if somehow he isn't back next year- ' new coach had to fix Jimbo's mess- next year is our year'. Looch- you're welcome I just came up with your headline for next year, Jimbo or no Jimbo

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I don't understand what impact playing Big Bro has on the decision to fire him or not (reality being you can't afford to, near future either). Are they implying 'Jimbo is bad enough to fire, but we can beat those damn sips with him' ? If anything it gives them a built-in excuse if Texas beats then next year-'it's Jimbo's fault, he sucks". Of course aggy has another built-in excuse if somehow he isn't back next year- ' new coach had to fix Jimbo's mess- next year is our year'. Looch- you're welcome I just came up with your headline for next year, Jimbo or no Jimbo

because we are their superbowl, they base their entire identity around us, or being different than us 

losing to us is like a knife cutting directly into their soul 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I am going to miss this gif next year.

I really enjoyed using Guns N Roses song 14 years back in 2007 on my ag friends because at that point they hadn't won in Lubbock since 1993.

Fuck Craig James because that whole incident put Tech in a tailspin they were so close to pulling up to .500 against the Ags

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, C-Man said:

Very good agent? Or very dumb aggy administration?

A question as old as which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Very dumb?  No way.  When they demolished their old stadium, they stood far enough away to not get killed.  That’s the opposite of dumb.  Sure, they got covered in demolition dust while on live tv, but that was completely unpredictable.

You can play a football game with broken ribs with the right amount of pain killers and uppers. Can’t do it at QB, but I am certain it can be done at other high contact positions. 

I’ve had broken ribs. Broke 9 in a car wreck. Just hearing and thinking was horrible. He can play but why play for a dick that shoved him? Fuck off jockey!
  • Like 1

I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion

Such morons. Read some comments. All these references to Old Army. The biggest myth of all. Also Family Cut. Bunch of Aggie dads and grandpas coming to saw logs.

Id like to know how much that fucking thing costs. Thats some serious timber going in that. Transport. Equipment. Some rich Aggie has to be bankrolling it.

38 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah, I have no idea what the fuck that dude is trying to say. Apparently keeping a shitty coach around is the lynchpin to their plans to beat Texas? But nothing about the festering asshole of incompetence that is Texas A&M ever  makes sense to me, honestly. So I'll just keep laughing at em. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Their recruiting is gonna be terrible next year.  Enthusiasm will be low which will hurt NIL and they are going to get hammered by other schools about Jimbo only still being there because they can't afford to fire him.

LSU learned with Ed Orgeron. You have to fire before the season starts or there is a chance they win enough games to prevent it. Jimbo could win 8-9 games next year with their laughably easy schedule, and then the Boat of Mediocrity returns for 2025. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Doctor of Neighborhood said:

Very dumb?  No way.  When they demolished their old stadium, they stood far enough away to not get killed.  That’s the opposite of dumb.  Sure, they got covered in demolition dust while on live tv, but that was completely unpredictable.

That, and the 5 innocent hookers.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

LSU learned with Ed Orgeron. You have to fire before the season starts or there is a chance they win enough games to prevent it. Jimbo could win 8-9 games next year with their laughably easy schedule, and then the Boat of Mediocrity returns for 2025. 

1996 John Mackovic says hi

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Their worst nightmare is for us to come into the SEC and immediately be more successful than they are (or have been since joining) and beat them in the process. The cognitive dissonance resulting from that situation might make their tiny heads explode because it would be destroying every myth they have created for themselves since making their "Hundred Year Decision".

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Their worst nightmare is for us to come into the SEC and immediately be more successful than they are (or have been since joining) and beat them in the process. The cognitive dissonance resulting from that situation might make their tiny heads explode because it would be destroying every myth they have created for themselves since making their "Hundred Year Decision".

I agree to some degree but you are misunderestimating the aggy knack for finding a spin for any and all scenarios where they should just take the L and STFU, but they don't.  They've got plenty of experience at it

• Hook 'Em 2

You underestimate aggy mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance. I'm sure they already have a few excuses on tap and ready if need be.

8 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I agree to some degree but you are misunderestimating the aggy knack for finding a spin for any and all scenarios where they should just take the L and STFU, but they don't.  They've got plenty of experience at it

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You underestimate aggy mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance. I'm sure they already have a few excuses on tap and ready if need be.

Oh, no doubt.  There will always be the extra-delusional holdouts in the cult. And way more of them than in your typical, run-of-the-mill cult. But even most of them will suffer through their moments of doubt and go through a protracted grieving process.

When that happens, we will all be like...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

That is what aggie is secretly hoping for. 8-9 wins shows "progress". They can use that as easy propaganda to get the dipshits at texags to buy in again. They cant afford to get out of that contract and its just the truth.

This explains something…O met an old friend, an Ag, for lunch last summer. The only mention of football was when he said, “I don’t know why y’all want to join the SEC. You’re in for some tough games”. 

I kept quiet, but thought, “No shit.” Think we don’t know that? Doesn’t mean we have to be scared. 

Anyway- I think they really believe that by being in the SEC, their program is on a higher level, and somehow we won’t be able to attain that level, all logic and evidence to the contrary. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/6/2023 at 2:37 AM, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion

Jesus. I just looked at some of this stuff. They will kill people again, either on the cuts or the stack. And why they insist on stacking the logs vertically is beyond me. It's all just so, so stupid--to the point of not being funny but more along the lines of horrific. The whole thing makes me queasy.

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Jesus. I just looked at some of this stuff. They will kill people again, either on the cuts or the stack. And why they insist on stacking the logs vertically is beyond me. It's all just so, so stupid--to the point of not being funny but more along the lines of horrific. The whole thing makes me queasy.

Darwin was right

This explains something…O met an old friend, an Ag, for lunch last summer. The only mention of football was when he said, “I don’t know why y’all want to join the SEC. You’re in for some tough games”. 

I kept quiet, but thought, “No shit.” Think we don’t know that? Doesn’t mean we have to be scared. 

Anyway- I think they really believe that by being in the SEC, their program is on a higher level, and somehow we won’t be able to attain that level, all logic and evidence to the contrary. 
My counter would be as follows..

"I'm glad you brought that up because I've been wondering why ya'll don't go back to the Big12 or join the ACC where you can win the conference every few years"

8 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

they'll do it just for the shot an emotional "victory" over Texas in the aftermath of their negligent homicide.  granted, it took targeted food poisoning as well but you catch my drift.

Edited by hookemATL
How many aggies does it take to build a bonfire? At least 12.
  • Hook 'Em 1