Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

7 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It’s going to be nuts. I wonder if players will just opt-out of the remaining games? I think, in today’s crazy college sports world, a guy would have to be nuts to jeopardize his future for an interim coach, and the Dukes Mayo Bowl.

aggy is going to need a lot of “12th man’s” to step up and finish the season. Kinda like they needed with WAKE FOREST in their bowl game. Oh wait…

• Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I didn't realize Lanning has a $20mm buyout. So to get him ATM would have to pay that and then likely give him a long-term salary of $9mm. All after paying Jimbo $76mm to go away (plus more for assistants). 

No university should be spending that much on a sport.

Plus any of Fisher’s assistants buyouts.  And possibly one or two of Lanning‘s assistants as well, if he wants to bring them along. And I would be shocked if Nike doesn’t also have a side deal with Lanning that would have to be paid back. 

8 minutes ago, US183 said:

aggy is going to need a lot of “12th man’s” to step up and finish the season. Kinda like they needed with WAKE FOREST in their bowl game. Oh wait…

If I ever hear another aggy speak of 12th man tradition again, I will cut them off and remind of how they ducked Wake Forest in their bowl game and to STFU.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I didn't realize Lanning has a $20mm buyout. So to get him ATM would have to pay that and then likely give him a long-term salary of $9mm. All after paying Jimbo $76mm to go away (plus more for assistants). 

There are dozens, if not hundreds of high school football coaches in Texas who could coach aggy to the same record as Jimbo has been doing, and they'd do it for under a million a year.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

That ship sailed a long time ago. 

Spoiler

and it was a disaster.

It was a disaster because of that money. Unintentionally, that contract became the face of Aggies football.

All of that A&M oil money can buy almost everything in the world, except guarantee a winning football program.

Rather than celebrate another great season under Jimbo, the Aggies now return to contacting search firms to find top candidates. Expect Duke coach Mike Elko to be at the top of this list.

A&M will shower the new coach with money, and introduce him at a press conference where he will be cheered with the promise of “next year.”

To complete this coaching staff transition, it will cost somewhere in the area north of $100 million.

It will all be funny, but there is something seriously wrong about this.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Want a good Sunday laugh?

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Listening to this at 1.75x because I love pain, Looch threw out Chip Kelly. He said they can't afford Gundy, Kiffin, or Mark Stoops. He's bracing the fanbase for an underwhelming hire.

The fact that he even brought up the name Joey McGuire should let everyone know how this will go for them. 

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Listening to this at 1.75x because I love pain, Looch threw out Chip Kelly. He said they can't afford Gundy, Kiffin, or Mark Stoops. He's bracing the fanbase for an underwhelming hire.

Interesting. Gundy is the lowest-paid on that list at $7.6mm.

For comparison, Norvell is at $7.3mm, Lanning at $6.6mm plus a $20mm buyout, and both undoubtedly in line for raises from their current schools given how this year has gone.

Daboer is below $5mm, but again, UW will up that a bunch so the number to beat is certainly much higher.

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Evidently there's buzz about Lanning. No clue if true, but Oregon folks seem edgy. 

I’ve been told from someone supposedly “in the know” that it’s Kiffin. 

That said, it wouldn’t shock me in the least if it’s HR Pufnstuf and Billy is pimping him as the biggest hire ever. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Where’s this Lanning talk coming from?

Wherever it’s coming from, they are trying to make it well known for a certain reason. 

Once again, Lanning is most likely headed to the CFP and has Nike money. Why would you take a flagship institution to the CFP to go to a second tier job? Something doesn’t seem right here…

(and yes, I know this guy is not plugged in in any way)

19 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Evidently there's buzz about Lanning. No clue if true, but Oregon folks seem edgy. 

i don't even understand how this is a possibility 🤔 Oregon has a successful, winning culture, beautiful campus, rich af, nice climate, is progressive-minded, and some day they will have actual feathers on their uniforms! 

how tf aggy gonna compete with that? 🤨

Edited by mchookem

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wherever it’s coming from, they are trying to make it well known for a certain reason. 

Once again, Lanning is most likely headed to the CFP and has Nike money. Why would you take a flagship institution to the CFP to go to a second tier job? Something doesn’t seem right here…

(and yes, I know this guy is not plugged in in any way)

I really hope he's not headed for CFP, personally.

• Like 2