• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

gotta figure out how to be so bad at my job that they pay me $72M to go away

The A&M Jimbo story should be an inspiration to all Americans who never ascended to the high 9 figure club of wealth. It’s a case study that shows life is not fair, even the dumbest can stumble into outrageous wealth, and there is little correlation between talent/effort and money earned in America. It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault. Go live your life happy knowing this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

The A&M Jimbo story should be an inspiration to all Americans who never ascended to the high 9 figure club of wealth. It’s a case study that shows life is not fair, even the dumbest can stumble into outrageous wealth, and there is little correlation between talent/effort and money earned in America. It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault. Go live your life happy knowing this. 

Jesus... i'm all for original takes, but comeon man... lol. 

In the short term, Texas A&M must write Fisher two checks in the span of four months. The first, due within 60 days of contract termination, would be for $19.3 million. The second, due within 120 days of termination, would be the first of eight annual payments for the rest of the contract: $7.2 million.

In total, the Aggies owe Fisher $26.6 million by March 11, 2024. It’s certainly not chump change, but it’s much more manageable than if the entirety of the contract were due up front. The rest will be paid out in annual installments of $7.2 million from 2025 through 2031, meaning the Aggies would basically pay two head coaches for the next eight years.

From Sam Khan at the Athletic

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m thinking any good trophy store could have it done.    Also thinking it would go good at our lease, where it’s 5 aggys and 1 horn 

My first thought was "why in the living fuck would any longhorn fan be in a lease with a bunch of aggy?". Then I noticed who posted that comment and it made complete sense.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess they can always come up with the money, but having to pay Fisher for the next eight years means they better get it right with the next guy. Because if they fire the next guy after 4 years, and will likely have to buy the next guy out, they’ll be paying three head coaches at once for a year or four.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

They’ll probably do some sovereign immunity stiff. That’s why Billy had to make sure and state that this would be “the university” making the decision. 

Don’t sleep on this. 
a week ago they had a good part of the buyout committed but we’re looking for the rest.  

don’t negotiate Jimbo, burn that mother fucker to the ground if they try. Good luck little cuck

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vermin said:

The rest will be paid out in annual installments of $7.2 million from 2025 through 2031, meaning the Aggies would basically pay two head coaches for the next eight years.

From Sam Khan at the Athletic

If they really commit, and move quickly, they can really align things and pay 12 head coaches simultaneously.

• Like 1