• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Is that the “We Spent More Money Hiring and Firing Jimbo Fisher than Any University on Any Coach Ever and Accomplished Absolutely Nothing in the Process but Wasting Tons of Money” trophy?
Definitely belongs in the Hall of Champions. It’s all they have. 
What do visitors to the aggy "hall of champions" look at?

No, seriously...I have no idea what's in there.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Jimbo is getting check next month for 20 million. Then he gets a check for 7.2 million until 2031.

Yea, aggy is a better HC job. Michigan or usc would never do that dumbass shit.

I mean the "is it a better job" quandary really depends on what you intend to do with your career.

If you are mostly a scrub who found lightning in a bottle and have been failing upwards then A&M is the dream job for all the listed reasons

If you give any inkling of a shit about your career, legacy, and reputation then A&M is near the bottom of the list.

Pick your

12 minutes ago, ousux said:
16 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:
I was there for State Science Fair in 2017. They had no trophies but did have a Johny Crackhead mannequin. 

So they don't even bother honoring the best athletes in aggy history on their totally dominant meat judging teams? Shameful

And the Fair was a disaster. Ice rain came in and all the parents/mentors were all outside of the stadium. They had the Corps there to ensure no one could go under the stadium and get out of the rain. They did not have enough judges so pulled in BS students to substitute. Award ceremony was in the indoor track facility and it smelled like horseshit. 

Meanwhile UTSA had ran it for a few years and it was a great event. Aggy is an embarrassment. 

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Where is this “aggy has the most money” shit coming from? Just saw finebaum say aggy could buy bama, auburn and Florida and that Texas is second on most money? 

7 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

It comes from them being the ones willing to waste the most money.

7 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Apparently they are getting it from the Middle East oil countries.

That delusional barstool sports girl kept parrotting that same fucking shit.  "we have the most money"

I dont think they understand the concept of what making money means.  collecting just enough money every month to pay the bills isnt making money...  

1 hour ago, ousux said:

What do visitors to the aggy "hall of champions" look at?

No, seriously...I have no idea what's in there.

An aggy told me "a hall of champions doesn't necessarily mean championship trophies. It's about the spirit and tradition of champions."

They look at shit that is unrelated to champions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

His delivery seems pretty clear - no coach speak

I don't think Lanning was ever in the realm of possibilities for them.  They are going to have to get with Elko or Schumann as a guess but it's like I told my aggy superfan frien the last time aggy poached a sitting P5 coordinator from another school was 1972 when they pulled Bellard from DKRs staff.

Elko or bust basically

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Drops to 9th next year

No he included UT & OU....

I would definitely put UF in there as better than A&M so best case scenario is 8th.  It is a death match between them & Auburn for the 8/9 hole.

The bottom 7 in the SEC are pretty clear cut in football with Ole Miss being the leader of that pack

Edited by Pimphand

11 minutes ago, ousux said:
14 minutes ago, F250 said:
An aggy told me "a hall of champions doesn't necessarily mean championship trophies. It's about the spirit and tradition of champions."
They look at shit that is unrelated to champions.

So in other words, 84 years of running out of game clock. Brilliant

84 years of the BQ’s winning halftime baby! The ones that can play their instruments, that is. 🤣🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, immamac said:

I don’t see how they fired Jimbo. There is no world where it makes sense on a guaranteed contract to just end things mid season with over 7 years left on the deal. They are better off hiring expensive coordinators and trying again or paying more players than hiring a new coach and being successful. It makes no financial sense at all and they shouldn’t even have a football team. 

There is a world where it makes sense to them because they have no fear of financial accountability of fiduciary responsibility.

The Sharpe Limit does not exist.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, ButtFumble said:
5.2) *Authorization to Sell Approximately 21.401 Acres of Land Located at 8800 Health Science Center Parkway, Bryan, Brazos County, Texas, Texas A&M
5.3) *Authorization to Sell Property Located at 6500 Amarillo Blvd. West, in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas, AgriLife Research --Discussion of issues relating to Innovation Plaza project in the Texas Medical Center, Houston, Harris County, Texas
😁

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3419128

On 11/12/2023 at 3:32 PM, UTEE97 said:

Ever since Jimbo's outburst at Saban and other SEC coaches who said ATM had been buying players, Kiffin went out of his way to embarrass Jimbo and ATM. Aggy brass finally had enough. I don't think they have thought this through. The decision was driven by the desire to stop the continuous embarrassment. Of course they will find another way to embarrass themselves again.

occam's sabre says aggy had no plan and will fuck this up in massive ways yet unforseen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2