Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

He is Texas high school football royalty. Personifies Friday Nigh Lights football. He kicked ass at recruiting while while at Texas. Plus he is a really likeable person.

And all the Texas sites mods know and like him 

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

He is Texas high school football royalty. Personifies Friday Nigh Lights football. He kicked ass at recruiting while while at Texas. Plus he is a really likeable person.

Give-a-fuck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'd laugh my ass off if aggy hires Traylor. He currently makes a living beating up on teams in the bottom quartile of the FBS. Does he even have a signature win? I guess there's a possibility he's the next Urban Meyer, but its far more likely imo that he's the next Charlie Strong, Billy Napier, etc... I'll be thrilled if that's who they settle on. Unless they want to hire Matt Rhule, than Matt's my preferred choice for aggy failure. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CoTex said:

If you're Kiffin, do you have your agent drop a hint - "Lane isn't saying he's interested, but Lane sees this as an opportunity to win national championships and he would need $20mil per year."

What's the downside?  Maybe it gets back to Ol Miss?  What are they going to do - fire him?  He's all but locked up a 10-2 record and a potential top 10 finish - they might give him a raise.  If they say no, and keep it quiet, no big deal.  If they leak it, Lane can say "that's what I'm worth and I wouldn't go there for less than I'm worth."

Is there a chance aggy gets turned down a time or two and has to bite?  Maybe?

Maybe those that say Kiffin wants the job left out 1/2 of the story.  Kiffin does want the job, if you pay him $20m. I could see Kiffin doing the weird moves at yell practice for that kinda cheese.

[A]ggy can give him 20m per year for 5 years and tell all their friends "Wed didn't get tricked again like last time - this time we only signed a 5 year deal."

Win/win.

Silence is golden.....

Then again, it's amazing how many idiots trip into a pot of gold

7 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I have a good Navy bud who is a red-ass aggy all the way.  His wife is an aggy as well.  She was born and raised in BCS.  The most prominent thing you see when you walk into their home is a giant framed print of two aggy rings joined together.  They have four kids, three of whom have already started or graduated college.  Two of the three couldn't swing the grades to get into A&M and went to Ole Miss.  They posted a bunch of "Howdy Toddy" bullshit on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  He recently retired from the Navy after nearly 30 years of service and moved straight back to BCS.  It's a fucking mental disorder.    

Couldn't get into AnalM? Friends? You need to re-evaluate everything in your whole life.

33 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'd laugh my ass off if aggy hires Traylor. He currently makes a living beating up on teams in the bottom quartile of the FBS. Does he even have a signature win? I guess there's a possibility he's the next Urban Meyer, but its far more likely imo that he's the next Charlie Strong, Billy Napier, etc... I'll be thrilled if that's who they settle on. Unless they want to hire Matt Rhule, than Matt's my preferred choice for aggy failure. 

His best wins are probably Western Kentucky or UAB from 2021. So yeah, not really. 

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

39 brings “preferred walk on” to a whole new level. Has to be parental donations to the aggy coffers, as the year he arrived, I’m willing to bet that there were at least 300 RBs in Texas alone, from 5A and below that were bigger, faster, and basically better than that chosen one.

Hook’em!!!

Great googly moogly, Qatar will be uphauled. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I have a good Navy bud who is a red-ass aggy all the way.  His wife is an aggy as well.  She was born and raised in BCS.  The most prominent thing you see when you walk into their home is a giant framed print of two aggy rings joined together.  They have four kids, three of whom have already started or graduated college.  Two of the three couldn't swing the grades to get into A&M and went to Ole Miss.  They posted a bunch of "Howdy Toddy" bullshit on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  He recently retired from the Navy after nearly 30 years of service and moved straight back to BCS.  It's a fucking mental disorder.    

with Blinn Team and all of the other deferred admissions they run to keep their freshman metrics artificially high one would think that getting a 2.5 in community college would not be that hard.....but admittedly that does not get you into your major of choice and some like business and engineering are harder to transfer into.....not nearly as hard as Texas.....and while Brenham is probably a nice enough place to live who wants to JuCo there or to JuCo in College Station when you can just go to Arkansas, LSU, OU, OkState, Ole' Miss, Auburn, or Alabama and be at the "top schools in the state" (with WAY hotter girls) 

7 hours ago, F250 said:

I think that's why but IMO he gives off vibes of a dude that does well with low level school talent. Maybe a nicer, less accomplished version of Matt Campbell. Thing is we haven't seen what he can do without Frank Harris who has been a QB in college so long he's older than damn near every member of the San Antonio Spurs. 

The deck would be stacked way against him. Even seasoned veteran power P5 coaches can't win there with that fucked up culture and cult atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, TejasPedro said:

If aTm wants a staff that fucks!

HC Major Applewhite

OC Bobby Petrino 

DC Jim McElwain 

Assistants that dry hump Urban Meyer 

Film Analyst Case McCoy 

I need to create a new Mt. Rushmore photo comp. How about Michigan State’s departed coach as the fourth? 

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

I think he is a potentially very good coach and I do not want him at A&M

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football and Traylor would make a huge difference for aggy. Who knows what kind of HC he'd be at the SEC level, but he would have no shortage of talent for sure. I'd rather not find out. 

For one reason or another, that really hasn't been a problem for them.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football and Traylor would make a huge difference for aggy. Who knows what kind of HC he'd be at the SEC level, but he would have no shortage of talent for sure. I'd rather not find out. 

Recruiting hasn't been the issue for aggy. Hiring jimbo was the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

His recruiting won’t be any better than Jimbo’s.  

I would be pissed if we hired Traylor.  I didn’t like the Strong hire and his resume shits all over Traylor’s.  

I swear 90 percent of the opinions on this board are based on regurgitations from Inside Texas.  No more true than the myth of Jeff Traylor.  Outside or Burton and Hamilton, the others there are idiots like most all 995ers

• Hook 'Em 2

Seriously. No one older 40 will know, but a washing machine used to last 20 years. 30. To buy a comparably set is about 5k now, because of disposable economics. 
Old Jesus was awesome. All about peace and whores and poors. New jesus is about immigration and money and politics. Pour one out for the 50s. Americas golden age. Also, fuck aggy twice. 

I agree with your take; I think the change started when they started allowing dancing in Waco.

However I am disappointed in everyone here for missing my vague Texas cultural reference to the funny guy of early Outlaw music when it meant something. Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys were a mainstay at the Armadillo. Some of the hits, well not hits, notable songs

They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore
I’m Gonna Frame Your Picture in a Toilet Seat
Asshole from El Paso
Ride em Jewboy
Ol Ben Lucas
Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Recruiting hasn't been the issue for aggy. Hiring jimbo was the problem.

Exactly. With the money they're willing to throw around to buy players that's not going to be an issue for them. They have to find the guy who can manage a bunch of overpriced ego maniacs. That's a tall order.

Edited by FtheBig12

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I don’t know.  Getting kids to sign hasn’t really been their problem.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

His recruiting won’t be any better than Jimbo’s.  

I would be pissed if we hired Traylor.  I didn’t like the Strong hire and his resume shits all over Traylor’s.  

I swear 90 percent of the opinions on this board are based on regurgitations from Inside Texas.  No more true than the myth of Jeff Traylor.  Outside or Burton and Hamilton, the others there are idiots like most all 995ers

I do think Traylor should get a shot somewhere more big time than UTSA.  SMU maybe if Lashlee leaves. 

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

I'd laugh my ass off if aggy hires Traylor. He currently makes a living beating up on teams in the bottom quartile of the FBS. Does he even have a signature win? I guess there's a possibility he's the next Urban Meyer, but its far more likely imo that he's the next Charlie Strong, Billy Napier, etc... I'll be thrilled if that's who they settle on. Unless they want to hire Matt Rhule, then Matt's my preferred choice for aggy failure. 

He’s exactly the type of coach they should hire. Up and comer with good resume and would come at a reasonable price. But that would acknowledge that they are not blueblood, it’s how everyone else hires and succeeds. They are obsessed with needing big names to make them feel important. They cherish that more than actually winning games. They’ll go with another $100 million fully guaranteed contract for Urban or even Kiffin to feel like big dogs and it’ll blow up in their face as should be expected.

TLDR: I wouldn’t laugh if they hired Traylor, it means their actually being sane for once.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I agree with your take; I think the change started when they started allowing dancing in Waco.

However I am disappointed in everyone here for missing my vague Texas cultural reference to the funny guy of early Outlaw music when it meant something. Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys were a mainstay at the Armadillo. Some of the hits, well not hits, notable songs

They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore
I’m Gonna Frame Your Picture in a Toilet Seat
Asshole from El Paso
Ride em Jewboy
Ol Ben Lucas
Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed

You left out The Ballad of Charles Whitman

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

Exactly. With the money they're willing to throw around to buy players that's not going to be an issue for them. They have to find the guy who can manage a bunch of overpriced ego maniacs. That's a tall order.

There's being able to recruit and then there's being able to identify talent. Aggie, in true aggie fashion, thinks that just throwing money at highly rated players will make them a winner. No thought is given to doing real, in-house talent evalutation, nor is there any consideration as to how the pieces will fit together.

• Hook 'Em 1