• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Jimbo can do better than Vandy.  Maybe he just likes the city?

he should go somewhere like West Virginia. 

I bet he would have jumped at the Kentucky job, make >16M a year and close to home.  

If this is real I’m guessing he wants to double dip for a few more years before calling it quits, plus a chance to fuck with aggie.  He maybe thought he could win big at A&M with their resources without doing a deep dive into the cult, if he goes to Vandy it’s just pre-retirement. 

10 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

If the rumors are that aggy wants to keep as much of the staff as possible then I could see that being a sticking point for Traylor.  I’m like 95% sure traylor has never hired an outsider while at utsa.  Every hire has been someone he worked with at texas, smu or Arkansas, or promoted from within.  He’s a big “culture” Guy since he’s not a a pure offensive or defensive coach.  He wouldn’t want anyone that tries to undermine his culture. 

So aggy is sabotaging the new head coach to placate practice skipping, locker room toking pre-madonnas?

In other words, aggy paid $76 million just to change the signage out front?

Holy shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

So aggy is sabotaging the new head coach to placate practice skipping, locker room toking pre-madonnas?

In other words, aggy paid $76 million just to change the signage out front?

Holy shit.

Well I’its all just rumors, but  the idea is that they’re trying to save money by not having to buy out the current assistant coaches.  Now if they were pulling urban Meyer they’d probably let him do whatever he wants.  But a g5 hire who is probably doubling if not tripling his salary?  They gonna have to play by aggys rules.

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Jimbo is one of those guys who can’t sit at home all day and not work. He has to go to work to do that.

Doesn’t aggy have a golf course to design? 

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Sloneal loves this hire. Now I am sold!

Big splash, flying in the coach of one of the top 5 blue blood program, just to leave him on the tarmac while they go swipe another top 5 blue bloods HC.  Aggies have put the world on notice.

Leon will catch up, eventually.   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Sports Illustrated has the fulll story about how the Board of Regents nixed the Stoops deal after it was agreed upon. 

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/tamu-aggies-mark-stoops-board-of-regents-jimbo-fisher-fired-mike-elko

Did you bother actually reading this?  Their source is a Texags Premium Looch column.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Likely this plane, for those of you who want to follow along at home:

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLF4/32fb61b6

It's not trackable via FlightAware, likely some aggy big cigar's private Gulfstream.

That's aggy BOR Robert Albritton's G-4.  The same one that is all dressed up in an aggy livery -- used for the famous "Welcome Jimbo" video with the aggy band playing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

I mean, I hate ou just as much as anyone else on here but this is absolutely correct. And as everyone can see, aggy is in spin mode. 

“Insiders” pumping out all sorts of sunshine messages? Check.

Try to make it known that the admin and athletic department are united? Fucking check. 

Pump up Elko as the best hire since Bear Bryant even though we did that with Jimbo? Checkity check.

Make it know that Elko “gets us”? Absolutely check

Have people with a lot of followers make up shit like getting texts from other P5 coaches and Texas high school coaches who are praising the Elko hire? Mother fuckity check. 

This is an athletic department/fan base/college who is making decisions not in the best interest of what will get their football program actual championships but instead what they believe will just beat Texas next year. This is how juvenile they are. But for some reason because Elko coached there before, that automatically means this is the right hire/right fit all because he agreed to keep Robinson and the recruits they bought because they believe that class is the class to a.) beat Texas and b.) maybe win something prominent. 

Yes, what Elko did at Duke was impressive, but he’s not the home run hire they are making it out to be. A&M is great at manufacturing just horseshit and trying to sell it as gold, and they are primed and ready to do that again with the hire of Elko. 

Before 5-7, aggy had been pushing the idea that a #1 recruiting class usually wins a championship.

THAT is why they’re desperate to keep that class together.

Edited by lilMAC25