Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

An aspect that hadn't occurred to me yet. You're right. They have to win by at least 3 touchdowns to have any argument at all.

Well, now that I think of it, I'm judging them like normal, fairly rational fans. They've got a flood of lame excuses for this game. 

• Haynes King left
  • Wiggy got hurt
  • Johnson got hurt and left
  • Portal losses
  • New coach always take five years to install his system
  • Didn't want to be there considering their preseason expectations
  • They're looking past this game to next year's (2024! the plan!) natty.
  • tu paid the refs
  • tu ruined college football
  • tu will destroy the SEC
  • Withdrawal pain from Elko coming in and cracking down on the marijuana.
  • NO E-ROB!!!!!!

Dead rapper?

• Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

There’s no way that aggy would bail on a  bowl game taking place in Houston. That’s the center of their former student and donor universe. 

I'm way behind on the thread, but A&M would be much better off getting crushed in a bowl nobody cares about than drawing attention for ducking an opponent again

I'm not saying they'll make the rational choice to actually play a football game because you can do so. They may duck the game to preserve their reputation as not an 8-4 program but one everbody envies, a reputation that does not extend beyond the virtual world of TexAgs.

Typically, ducking would have the opposite effect from A&M desires. They would be revealing to the world who they really are at a moment when the world will notice.

They must play the game to at least maintain whatever low level of respect they haven't destroyed in the last two years.

• Hook 'Em 6

52 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Texags is incredible right now for aggy tears.

Anyone want to tell ol' aggy here that there were polls published Sunday morning, as if the season had ended after the past weekend?

Screenshot_20231204-114219.thumb.png.fadf08093342d99dc90c4863b1e6b936.png

Screenshot_20231204-114652.thumb.png.1dcb4a58125af24d057e3ecc8f7d1e70.png

Screenshot_20231204-114739.thumb.png.e983b9886d11fe38552bd27e595e4110.png

every single AP Poll voter except one had Texas in the top 4.

image.thumb.png.4aa9ec12ef0af40b18bcbf21c74065e9.png

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Elko would be absolutely stupid to not play. He needs the extra practice to instill whatever system the OC and DC (whoever the fuck they are) are going to build.

Their athletics dept also desperately needs the payout.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

As I recall it all came from that one year where the ags released their financials and their revenue figure was substantially larger than UT's, because they were counting donations for capital improvement projects,  as revenue.  It was during their stadium rebuild campaign.  

So from that one year of reporting in a... creative... way, the ags decided they have way more money than those stupid sips.

Not even "donations," but rather pledges of future donations.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

As I recall it all came from that one year where the ags released their financials and their revenue figure was substantially larger than UT's, because they were counting donations for capital improvement projects,  as revenue.  It was during their stadium rebuild campaign.  

So from that one year of reporting in a... creative... way, the ags decided they have way more money than those stupid sips.

They also generally count all their money at system campuses as "their" money. We don't do that ever.

2 hours ago, Lou Loomis said:

I don’t think aggy realizes that Strength of Schedule is essentially a quantifiable, established - and super-easy to identify - stat nowadays.

or, it just fits there MO of denial and making shit up. Georgia, for example, could’ve played a halfway decent out of conference schedule and maybe only slipped to #4 with that one close-ish CCG loss, but that’s not what happened.

Originally, Georgia and OU had the first of a two game home and home set to be this year (like Texas and Alabama), but because OU was joining the SEC and the second game would be after OU joined the SEC , the SEC made Georgia/OU cancel the series and both teams had to look for a new game on fairly short notice.  The Ball State game was the replacement for Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Well she even has a contentious relationship with the mouth breathers...

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3428205

"It wasn’t taken well. Maybe I didn’t articulate it well. I’ll own that!

BUT the things thrown in my direction from my own school’s fanbase (albeit the loud minority) has been truly wild."

Translation:  "I screwed up, but I'm still the victim here."

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

We were 5 of plenty of ballots. Also L O Fucking L at the Pac12 guy at the bottom putting us at 7 behind Oregon.

this should have read top 5. 9 had Texas at 5 and 1 had Texas at 7.

A&M person, Pac 12 person and UGA person had Texas at 5 btw.

32 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Most of these minor bowls are a net loss to the school.  Probably not this one though since there are no flights and minimal hotel costs.  

Part of accepting a bowl invite is agreeing to book a certain number of hotel rooms for a specified length at the rack rate.  So the "university" will have an official aggy traveling party going to Houston that will be booked in an overpriced hotel for probably four nights.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Probably need to get a welfare check on @Randolph Duke

Don't summon his ass to this thread. I'd forgotten until I looked at page 1 of the "This is who Steve Sarkisian is" thread that he was the most vociferous anti-Sark dipshit on that page.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

An let us take this opportunity to remind everyone once again that A&M does NOT have more money than Texas. It isn't really close.

That pea-brained idiot spent too much time at Fish Camp.

Isn't that trope the result of a one-time bond/cashcall that netted aggy like $400M+ to renovate Pyle Field?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

We were 5 of plenty of ballots. Also L O Fucking L at the Pac12 guy at the bottom putting us at 7 behind Oregon.

This is how our guy should be voting....he's got Wash at 1.  Bohls can't go away fast enough.   At least his dumb ass doesn't matter anymore as it relates to selection.

He is an overall shitty reporter too.

Does he still have a heisman ballot?

• Hook 'Em 1

Most of these minor bowls are a net loss to the school.  Probably not this one though since there are no flights and minimal hotel costs.  
They are aggy so they'll probably take a commuter flight just so they can roll out the maroon carpet on the runway.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

They are aggy so they'll probably take a commuter flight just so they can roll out the maroon carpet on the runway.

Bjork has them on a new austerity program- they have take their own cars and couch-surf for lodging IF they choose to spend a night.

And all bowl gift bags must be turned over to the school.

Edited by TOR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Damn I hope the Cowboys roll those losers. 

I think they’re a good matchup.  Both capable teams that can fall on their face too.  
Since joining SEC aggy acts like they’re a better class of program than the one that struggled in the Big 12.  Hope Gundy shows them that they’re still the same mediocre program they ever were. 

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

An aspect that hadn't occurred to me yet. You're right. They have to win by at least 3 touchdowns to have any argument at all.

Well, now that I think of it, I'm judging them like normal, fairly rational fans. They've got a flood of lame excuses for this game. 

• Haynes King left
  • Wiggy got hurt
  • Johnson got hurt and left
  • Portal losses
  • New coach always take five years to install his system
  • Didn't want to be there considering their preseason expectations
  • They're looking past this game to next year's (2024! the plan!) natty.
  • tu paid the refs
  • tu ruined college football
  • tu will destroy the SEC
  • Withdrawal pain from Elko coming in and cracking down on the marijuana.
  • NO E-ROB!!!!!!

Get your licks in while you can.  aggy gonna out-recruit Mack and out-coach Stoops!

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

If she was aware of their shortcomings, she wouldn't argue stupid shit like Texas and A&M are  1a and 1b in "everything". that's the complete opposite of being aware of their shortcomings. If she looked like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, nobody would even listen to her. 

Wait...you listen ?

1 minute ago, ousux said:
29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
Wait, did someone really say that on texags?  

Yes they did, and that was one of the least insanely dumb things said yesterday.

That.  Is.  Wild.

Baseball that made it to Omaha 3 of the past 6 years?

Basketball that was in the Elite 8 last year (and would have made it to the Final Four had the refs not completely fucked us in the second half)?

• Hook 'Em 1

That.  Is.  Wild.
Baseball that made it to Omaha 3 of the past 6 years?
Basketball that was in the Elite 8 last year (and would have made it to the Final Four had the refs not completely fucked us in the second half)?
Some sane aggy pointed all this out but I think it fell on deaf ears.
  • Hook 'Em 1