• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Elko said his DC choice will come to light in next 24-28 hours or so... will be a LB coach.

On that note, Duke's bowl game is in couple days so I think we can expect Santucci to be the new DC.  That should go over well in aggy land,

Well thats interesting,  man.

Well, it's been a hard journey, but I believe I've finally found the perfect quote. Enjoy it now, my friends, because we may never see the likes of it again. 

Tex-Ags-Gold-Farm-Boys.jpg
Some aggy truly are living in the 1930's. Complete with potluck supper after the Sunday meetin and Klan Rallies after big football games on Saturday.
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

for the hell of it:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sca_esv=592395163&q=colin+klein+a%26m+kansas+state&tbm=nws&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiovLKwiJ2DAxWlmGoFHRzvDlcQ0pQJegQIDxAB&biw=1536&bih=711&dpr=1.25

every link in the results is 2 weeks old

even espn ran with it based on "sources"

+++

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Senior WriterDec 6, 2023, 08:51 AM ET

Texas A&M is set to hire Kansas State offensive coordinator Collin Klein for the same role under new coach Mike Elko, sources told ESPN.

Klein, a former quarterback for Kansas State who finished third in Heisman Trophy voting in 2012, had emerged as one of the nation's top young playcallers. Klein, 34, has spent almost his entire career at his alma mater, serving as quarterbacks coach and becoming the team's sole playcaller before the 2022 season under coach Chris Klieman.

Notre Dame pursued Klein for its offensive coordinator vacancy after the 2022 season, and Klein has drawn some interest for head-coaching opportunities.

Since the start of the 2022 season, Kansas State ranks 20th nationally in scoring (34.9 PPG). In 2022, when Kansas State won the Big 12, the offense finished in the top 10 in school history in 11 categories, including second in offensive yards (5,863), fourth in rushing yards (2,916) and fifth in yards per game (418.8).

Offensive line coach Connor Riley is expected to be a candidate to replace Klein, a source said. The 25th-ranked Wildcats will face No. 18 NC State in the Pop-Tarts Bowl on Dec. 28 in Orlando, Florida.

Texas A&M had made a push for LSU offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock, according to a source, but Denbrock elected to remain at LSU.

GoPowerCat.com first reported Klein accepting the Texas A&M job early Wednesday.

+++

okay, let's head over to gopowercat (never been, why not?).....

searching for klein on the full site returns his bio showing aggy:

https://247sports.com/coach/collin-klein-3907/#timeline

there are 2 links to stories, both posted at 5am on the 6th

https://247sports.com/Article/kansas-state-football-2024-collin-klein-offensive-coordinator-accepts-position-texas-am-aggies-mike-elko--222443177/

https://247sports.com/Article/collin-klein-hired-texas-am-offensive-coordinator-kansas-state-mike-elko-conner-weigman-222450187/

the first just says "sources"

the second says "sources told GigEm247"

+++

end of line

These aggy hires are like what I'd expect Boise State to get somewhat excited about.

This is fun to watch.

• Haha 1

Well, it's been a hard journey, but I believe I've finally found the perfect quote. Enjoy it now, my friends, because we may never see the likes of it again. 

Tex-Ags-Gold-Farm-Boys.jpg

Those farm boys riding the big John Deere tractor and bailing hay are the boys you want.

Not the kids playing 7 on 7 and hitting the HS gym 6 days a week.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

A friend posted this of their kids home from college. How does this even happen? One adopted?

IMG_2793.jpeg

Reminds me of one of my old scout leader's posts from back in the day when he posted a pic of his triplets wearing shirts of the colleges they were attending. The girls were going to IVY League schools (Brown and Columbia) and the boy was going to Texas Tech... like how?!

12 hours ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Just got an email from an Aggie friend who said that rumors are that Todd Orlando is going to be the new Aggie DC.

No way, that has to be a troll. It simply can't just keep on getting better and better...gotta level off at some point.

They hired some fat asshole Mack Brown shitcanned a couple of years ago.  Nobody's heard of him.