• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wasn't the Longhorn Network the reason why UT couldn't switch conferences until it expired? I thought every other conference was against individual networks for schools. Kind of like Notre Dame, nobody will take them as a full member with many of their games tied up in that NBC contract, but they were unwilling to let that go. 

If anything, A&M is lucky they moved when they did, because they certainly wouldn't be first choice to add for the SEC or B1G right now. More likely they get left behind in the Big 12 with Ok State and Texas Tech. Then it comes down to which is better: being a 7-10 win team in a bad conference, or being a 5-9 win team in a great conference? 

We could leave the LHN at any time if we changed conferences. That had nothing to do with it, because the LHN still had another 7 years left on the contract.

The only thing keeping us in the Big12 was the GOR.

As much as we enjoy to shit on aggy, they absolutely would be the first choice in realignment for the Big Ten.

Adding a Texas school that can draw 100k to a game and even more in eyeballs sandwiched between Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio would be the equivalent of adding Rutgers and NYC’s 9 million tv sets for FOX and the BTN, but with better fan support.

The main reason aggy is valuable is because the Big Ten/FOX want OhioSt/Michigan/Pedo/USC to play games and get more fan in the state of Texas and that’s the same reason the SEC wants to hold on to them as well just to keep them out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

We could leave the LHN at any time if we changed conferences. That had nothing to do with it, because the LHN still had another 7 years left on the contract.

The only thing keeping us in the Big12 was the GOR.

As much as we enjoy to shit on aggy, they absolutely would be the first choice in realignment for the Big Ten.

Adding a Texas school that can draw 100k to a game and even more in eyeballs sandwiched between Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio would be the equivalent of adding Rutgers and NYC’s 9 million tv sets for FOX and the BTN, but with better fan support.

The main reason aggy is valuable is because the Big Ten/FOX want OhioSt/Michigan/Pedo/USC to play games and get more fan in the state of Texas and that’s the same reason the SEC wants to hold on to them as well just to keep them out.

All of that, plus they know the ags aren't a competitive threat to the established powers in the B1G, they'd just be using TAMU for the recruiting and television access.  You know, the exact same reasoning the SEC realized a decade ago.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, utee94 said:

All of that, plus they know the ags aren't a competitive threat to the established powers in the B1G, they'd just be using TAMU for the recruiting and television access.  You know, the exact same reasoning the SEC realized a decade ago.

Eh they would probably be more of a competitive threat in the NIL world vs the B1G than they were Alabama & LSU however that would still require them pulling their heads out of their asses for a reasonable amount of time and we all have been proven that seemingly will never happen.  They definitely are more likely to win a B1G title than an SEC one....

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Eh they would probably be more of a competitive threat in the NIL world vs the B1G than they were Alabama & LSU however that would still require them pulling their heads out of their asses for a reasonable amount of time and we all have been proven that seemingly will never happen.  They definitely are more likely to win a B1G title than an SEC one....

So, as I said...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Median is a measure of "average."  I don't like it either, but that's the way it is.

Median, average and mode are three different measures of central tendency. It is possible for two or all three to equal but it typically is not the case.

• Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, 1bigtx said:

Median, average and mode are three different measures of central tendency. It is possible for two or all three to equal but it typically is not the case.

If you're trying to make me talk about leptokurtosis, I'LL FUKIN DO IT!!!

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That middle gif still blows my mind all these years later. The cop goes after the unarmed cheerleader, NOT the doofus who drew a fucking sword on unarmed people.

Yep, sooooooo aggy.

That cop’s portrait is probably a centerpiece in that empty Hall of “Champions”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

That middle gif still blows my mind all these years later. The cop goes after the unarmed cheerleader, NOT the doofus who drew a fucking sword on unarmed people.

Silly sip-that's a former stoodent who was simply showing his loyulty to the turditions of the corpse.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:13 PM, msucolt45 said:

It was MFng Houston, so I don’t blame Karbach marketing on playing into the aggy hive. I would’ve done the same, but the “product” is piss, but just delivering to the hive! Imagine selling that swill on game-day was that brands’ biggest exposure.

I think they were a couple years behind us, in actually selling alcohol in the stadium, so it is what it is.

Hook’em!!!

Karbach is owned by InBev.  It's freaking relabeled BudLight brewed in Houston.  

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I love that gif.  I like to recreate what was going on in their minds at the time. My guess is that the corps turd was protecting the sacred field. Then he got his ass kicked by a couple of male cheerleaders. Those cheerleaders were probably thinking, "What the fuck is this guy doing?  Did he just pull a fucking sword? Are we really going to have to fight this dweeb? Well alrighty then."  The cop:  "herp, derp, herp, derp."

4 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Y’all realize the cop was doing what he was suppose to do? Keep a man from beating a bitch’s ass.

Why didn’t the aggys get their male cheerleaders over to protect the swordsman’s honor?

They were too busy squeezing each other’s nuts.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:33 PM, Ojo Rojo said:

I love that gif.  I like to recreate what was going on in their minds at the time. My guess is that the corps turd was protecting the sacred field. Then he got his ass kicked by a couple of male cheerleaders. Those cheerleaders were probably thinking, "What the fuck is this guy doing?  Did he just pull a fucking sword? Are we really going to have to fight this dweeb? Well alrighty then."  The cop:  "herp, derp, herp, derp."

To be fair it only took one male cheerleader to kick his ass