• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, ABSR said:

Keep doubting us ‘Sip, we’ll show you!

Just like Jimbo is this year. The first year having just Jimbo's guys... ...

Jimbo's Recruiting class ranking:

2018. 17rh

2019. 4th

2020. 6th

2021. 8th

2022. 1st

First year all Jimbo's recruits got aggy; 3-6 overall, 1-5 vs. conference, highlighted by a loss to mighty 5-4 App St.   Poor aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I don't disagree that Nebraska and Miami are fucked, but they feel different.

Unlike those programs, aggy hasn't slowly faded from national relevance (mostly because they never had any).

The difference to me is that this is a program who loudly and publicly declared they were going to buy their way to championships both through recruiting and coaching hires.  As annoying as it was to watch, I had to admit they were following the Georgia model and we've seen where that leads.  I don't think Jimbo is a great coach, but fucking Mack Brown and Greg Davis won it all with the right recruits.

The fact that in the middle of this buy their way to victory campaign the entire thing has very suddenly collapsed is almost hard to explain.  Only aggy could put so much on the line and lose it all so quickly with no path to recovery.  They're a blackjack player who screamed for everyone to come watch them place a huge bet, only to lose it in all 15 seconds.

I do not disagree with you in that Nebraska and Miami feel different.  I certainly did not mean to imply it was an apples-to-apples comparison.  I am not sure anything could feel the same as aggy, and I hope that nothing ever does feel the same as aggy because that would mean there is a fan base out there just as weird as aggy.  It was just the first two programs I could readily think of that were in a current state of fucked with no real end in sight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, nnm said:

Baylor 2016 is the closest analogy for me. When the rape stuff came out and they fired everyone, it was a massive free-fall of decommitments, exits, and complete demoralization of a fan base. Despite that there were the despicable #CAB sycophants who blamed everything on the BOMC and CAB haters.  That whole fan sanctimonious fan base deserves to rot in hell. 

I can argue with nothing you said.  However, despite all of those things, Baylor got its football program off the mat and actually won the conference.  Maybe that says as much about the rest of the Big XII as it does Baylor.  Cannot say the same about aggy.  

19 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Their 1939 MNC is not really disputed. Of the 16 polling/formula/computer rankings, they won 13 of the 16 including AP and what would have been the coaches poll back then.

There are recent examples of computer/formula rankings that not to be taken seriously as well.

2006 Ohio State won a couple of those over Florida, a team it lost to in the championship game.

2011 OK. ST. also won one.

In similar circumstances I would have no problem claiming that. In a way, it is probably more legit than our 1970 mnc.

if anyone wants to go down a rabbit hole on this here is a good wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

image.thumb.png.d446e38b489f4eaefab0a52738c1da48.png

image.thumb.png.5c7ba8479a670960c16df2fb1df866af.png

Teams listed in bold reflect the NCAA's designation as "Consensus National Champions" by virtue of their selection from 1950 onward by one or more of the following selectors: Associated Press, United Press/UPI, Football Writers Association of America, National Football Foundation, and USA Today.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, ousux said:
On 11/7/2022 at 7:50 AM, linux said:
Heh I want Evan Stewart

We really need some of their D-line, Coburn and Sweat aren't coming back..and could lose another due to an ill advised draft projection.

I mean the post was about ignoring their O talent.

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The ole Herp and Derp has been immortalized in this Smithsonian-worthy masterpiece. It is a far more accurate depiction of the play than the actual video. For future references please be sure to use it instead 

5b787778ae1364f1a35650cc8d003ba4.jpg.98b79d6f25eacc706da3abc080369ea5.jpg

Hey, hey…Case is a Longhorn Legend…you don’t mess around with one of our heroes!

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 1

Aggy has got this going for them.  They are sitting just outside of ESPNs top 10 list.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34982685/college-football-bottom-10-clemson-joins-new-no-1

They’re in the “other’s receiving votes” type section of their list of college football’s bottom 10 teams. 

“Waiting List:
 Huh-why-yuh, Temple of Doom, No-vada, Colora-duh State, Whew Mexico No-bos, Whew Mexico State Other Aggies, Texas A&M Regular Old Aggies, Vanderbilt Commode Doors, the war on grass and goalposts.”

Edited by Lhorn

On 11/8/2022 at 6:28 AM, Bill Lumbergh said:

The fact that in the middle of this buy their way to victory campaign the entire thing has very suddenly collapsed is almost hard to explain. 

Nothing to explain. It's an aggy turdition to attempt to buy championships, just to have it blow up in their face.  Never discount aggy to aggy shit up.

From FedEx deliveries, and gold Trans-Ams, to buying but not buying the number one all time class via NIL. Aggy is at the top of the list of dirtiest,most sanctioned programs of all times. The NCAA had planned to hit aggy with the death penalty just a few years after SMU, but what the death penalty did to SMU, was way more severe than they expected, so they backed away from its use... Especially since once again, the cheating didn't keep aggy from being the mid tier, mid pack team its always been anymore than any other time they'd been busted had.  No harm, less foul.

And in true aggy form, not only are they at the top in cheating, they are recognized as the worse at gaining from it. The other big time cheaters won conference and national titles, and were at the top of the pile for 2 or 3 years or so, but aggy never got its cheating to pay off like the others. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Aggy has got this going for them.  They are sitting just outside of ESPNs top 10 list.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34982685/college-football-bottom-10-clemson-joins-new-no-1

They’re in the “other’s receiving votes” type section of their list of college football’s bottom 10 teams. 

“Waiting List:
 Huh-why-yuh, Temple of Doom, No-vada, Colora-duh State, Whew Mexico No-bos, Whew Mexico State Other Aggies, Texas A&M Regular Old Aggies, Vanderbilt Commode Doors, the war on grass and goalposts.”

Not even relevant enough to make the #5 slot in the Bottom 10?  For shame...

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Towards the end of the Second World War, the English got some intelligence on how Hitler made a daily walk at his mountain home. After much planning, they decided not to carry out the plan. The thinking was that since he was so incompetent, it was better to keep him in place, leading the country to ruin. 

Jimbo-FU.jpg

It might not be ethical, but if I were friends with the SEC coaches, you can be sure I'd jokingly-not jokingly throw out there that we should think about throwing 'ol Jimbo a 9-3 / 10-2 life line in a season or two. Why throw away a good thing!  But then again, its never mattered who's coaching aggy, they've been a .500 in conference play their entire 120+ years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

Nothing to explain. It's an aggy turdition to attempt to buy championships, just to have it blow up in their face.  Never discount aggy to aggy shit up.

From FedEx deliveries, and gold Trans-Ams, to buying but not buying the number one all time class via NIL. Aggy is at the top of the list of dirtiest,most sanctioned programs of all times. The NCAA had planned to hit aggy with the death penalty just a few years after SMU, but what the death penalty did to SMU, was way more severe than they expected, so they backed away from its use... Especially since once again, the cheating didn't keep aggy from being the mid tier, mid pack team its always been anymore than any other time they'd been busted had.  No harm, less foul.

And in true aggy form, not only are they at the top in cheating, they are recognized as the worse at gaining from it. The other big time cheaters won conference and national titles, and were at the top of the pile for 2 or 3 years or so, but aggy never got its cheating to pay off like the others. 

Obligatory. 
c7a915778f59407cbb4d9abfa65f806b.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:34 PM, Xminus6 said:

Fun fact: Nobody has ever watched aggy win a football national championship on a color TV. They weren’t readily available to buy until five years after their last championship. 

Also the US flag only had 48 stars.

20 years after their last National Championship Alaska and Hawaii became states.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The ole Herp and Derp has been immortalized in this Smithsonian-worthy masterpiece. It is a far more accurate depiction of the play than the actual video. For future references please be sure to use it instead 

5b787778ae1364f1a35650cc8d003ba4.jpg.98b79d6f25eacc706da3abc080369ea5.jpg

He derped the horns down the field and herped his way into our hearts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2