2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe over the course of the last year the compliance standards may have shifted a little to be more lenient? I'm not sure? 

I guess we can hope. Just have a tough time believing the people who shot down Hughes and Corey Raymond are going to green light Tee Martin.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

As of early yesterday, Sarkisian hadn’t offered Marion the job. If it gets past today without that deal being done, there’s a decent chance that Sarkisian has somebody else he’s got a verbal with who is still coaching in a big time bowl or playoff or the NFL. 

I don’t think the Hankton guy at Georgia is a bad candidate. I haven’t checked out anyone else besides the Bama guy who has zero reason to come here and leave his role. 

Sounds like he's waiting on Les Koenning to me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

As of early yesterday, Sarkisian hadn’t offered Marion the job. If it gets past today without that deal being done, there’s a decent chance that Sarkisian has somebody else he’s got a verbal with who is still coaching in a big time bowl or playoff or the NFL. 

I don’t think the Hankton guy at Georgia is a bad candidate. I haven’t checked out anyone else besides the Bama guy who has zero reason to come here and leave his role. 

The New Mexico Lobos are not currently bowl eligible, my hopes are officially dashed of Drew Mehringer returning to Austin.

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm not sold on Joseph as a coach but I'm starting to wonder if he's a good recruiter. 

Who was he the lead recruiter on this cycle.......Brooks, Guilbeau, Jordan, Watts? And maybe Mathews? That's not bad at all. 

Did he win those or did other schools lose them? He lost Guilbeau to Patterson. He lost Brooks to Coombs. We’re only still running in 2nd/3rd for Matthews because of a coaching change. Watts was a lock from the second he entered the portal

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Did he win those or did other schools lose them? He lost Guilbeau to Patterson. He lost Brooks to Coombs. We’re only still running in 2nd/3rd for Matthews because of a coaching change. Watts was a lock from the second he entered the portal

I'm not sure Texas is running 2nd or 3rd for Matthews right now. 

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm not sold on Joseph as a coach but I'm starting to wonder if he's a good recruiter. 

Who was he the lead recruiter on this cycle.......Brooks, Guilbeau, Jordan, Watts? And maybe Mathews? That's not bad at all. 

His recruiting is his main sell. He's better known for that than being an especially great DB coach.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

His recruiting is his main sell. He's better known for that than being an especially great DB coach.

Yeah, I always viewed Joseph as meh hire from a coaching perspective but I didn't think he was trash either. Joseph has some recruiting skins on the wall. 

I think he's probably a plus recruiter. 

I would still prefer a better DB coach out of Joseph and Gideon. With that said, some have probably gone overboard with the Joseph hate (myself included). If Texas lands Mathews, which is looking like a real possibility, Joseph did a decent job this cycle. 

Edited by texasstrong12

46 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, I always viewed Joseph as meh hire from a coaching perspective but I didn't think he was trash either. Joseph has some recruiting skins on the wall. 

I think he's probably a plus recruiter. 

I would still prefer a better DB coach out of Joseph and Gideon. With that said, some have probably gone overboard with the Joseph hate (myself included). If Texas lands Mathews, which is looking like a real possibility, Joseph did a decent job this cycle. 

On a maximized staff, Joseph is probably a safeties coach and not coordinating the entire secondary. 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Burton reporting that Sark contacted Emmett Jones for WR coach.

Oh, boy - this will be the best Christmas present Roach could ever get.  Better than wings. 

Every time anyone would ask about receiver coach options - going back years - Jones would be at the top of Roach's list.