2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

41 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In n out is absolute garbage and I cannot emphasize that enough. I’ve had it twice, the first time was horrendous but it was so hyped that I gave it a second shot, it was worse the second time. The fries were inedible, I could slice some potatoes and put them in an air fryer and they would turn out ten times better. “Oh RGBIII but you need to get it animal style” no fuck that, if a burger can’t stand on its own without some extra bullshit then it is not a good burger. I would rather go to Burger King, Wendy’s or McDonald’s any day over that trash. The fact that people think it’s debatable between in n out and whataburger is mind numbingly stupid

Hold up. I can support favoring Whataburger. I can also work with the notion of McDonald’s and Wendy’s being preferred. My tolerance ends at Burger King. I don’t think you could have meant that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Hold up. I can support favoring Whataburger. I can also work with the notion of McDonald’s and Wendy’s being preferred. My tolerance ends at Burger King. I don’t think you could have meant that. 

Whataburger >>>>> Wendy's >>> Burger King >>> McDonald's

That's a fact. McDonald's burgers are essentially flavorless. No point eating them unless you're poor.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In n out is absolute garbage and I cannot emphasize that enough. I’ve had it twice, the first time was horrendous but it was so hyped that I gave it a second shot, it was worse the second time. The fries were inedible, I could slice some potatoes and put them in an air fryer and they would turn out ten times better. “Oh RGBIII but you need to get it animal style” no fuck that, if a burger can’t stand on its own without some extra bullshit then it is not a good burger. I would rather go to Burger King, Wendy’s or McDonald’s any day over that trash. The fact that people think it’s debatable between in n out and whataburger is mind numbingly stupid

The problem is that in and out doesn't have 2 separate fry options. If you used normal fries to do animal style, it would turn the fries to soggy shit. So they use the dry bullshit fries. When i do in and out i go ahead and do animal style for this reason, but understand the sentiment of not wanting a bunch of extra bullshit on your fries.

But they need to have a normal crinkle fry option for non-animal style. Would improve experience dramatically.

Edited by Pam Cummings

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Whataburger >>>>> Wendy's >>> Burger King >>> McDonald's

That's a fact. McDonald's burgers are essentially flavorless. No point eating them unless you're poor.

Poor? Back when I ate fast food trash, McD's was pricier than the others. Other than the fries, it's always been gross though.

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Their inclusion was more to hyperbolize how terrible in n out is. I haven’t eaten Burger King since high school

5 minutes ago, Jester said:

Talking burgers only. Otherwise jack gonna move up the rankings. 

Whataburger>short stop>P Terry’s>Wendy’s>McDonald’s>jack in the box>In and out>burger king

Swap mcds and jitb, move pterrys down below jitb. I’d probably slot Carl’s Jr. behind Wendy’s or jitb. 

shake shack has shoestring fries, right?  I’m out on shoestring fries. 

You guys are looking at the burger tweet all wrong. It's a recruiting tweet. He's saying, "Come to Texas--we got cool shit here in Austin." Not many recruits know or care about local joints. Recruits east of the Mississippi have heard people talking about In-n-Out but never had a chance to try it. There's a mystery there, sort of like what was around Coors before they went national. Just watch "Smokey and the Bandit." Sure, when I drank my first Coors I realized it was crap, but the lure of Coors was intense before that first sip. That's what's being tapped into.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

All these burgers listed thus far are just noise. Fast burger options that actually taste good:  Hat Creek Burger: The Classic w/ sweet potatoes fries.  Phil's Ice House: The Brentwood Burger w/ sweet potato fries

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Fatburger when it was in Austin. They chose a crap location and it died, but, it was a fantastic burger.  It was much better than Whataburger, but it was also quite a bit more expensive... so that's kind of expected. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I had the chance to catch up with a buddy the other day. He's a nice kid from a good family and just started a job as a french fry analyst. He agrees with my disappointment that in-n-out fries suck and points out it's doubly disappointing because their shtick is that they slice their potatoes fresh in-house each day.

My buddy points out that in n out uses cottonseed oil to fry instead of something tastier. Also the potato they use is the Kennebec and it's not as starchy as the Russett, which is what the competition uses. Also because in-n-out uses fresh potatoes, often the potato itself is out of season and past its prime. Further, in n out doesn't soak their fries in cold water before throwing them in the fryer. And making it even worse they also don't double fry them to make sure they're nice and crisp.

The only workaround, per my buddy, is to ask for them well done or if you want to add a lot of ingredients to smother the shitty fry, get them well done with animal style.

Yeah, the choice of oil and not soaking them are killers. I’ll take your word on the rest, as I’m no Surly expert. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

2 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I banged his mom last night in The South Austin off E. Rundberg and North Lamar. 

That's wild because a buddy (who's a former walk-on) told me today that your wife, sister and mom triple-teamed him last night at a hotel near the airport -- the one with a hot tub in the room. I hope you don't feel sandbagged.

• Haha 1

So we understand the scale, is the ability to not overthrow open receivers downfield or to throw screen passes that arrive promptly considered elite?  Or merely above average?
If Quinn can make any incompletions the fault of the reciever or fantastic play by a DB at least 90% of the time, I'll be happy. No one-hoppers or overthrowing wide open recievers would be a huge improvement by itself.