Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

It's just funny that he's still giving interviews about it.  One of the reasons he said he left was he couldn't recruit to OU like he could at USC.  Now, he's getting beaten regularly by both OU and Oregon and with NIL, you'd think USC would have a good bag game but maybe not.

His USC teams and recruiting classes look just like his time at OU.  Highly rated offensive skill guys and mostly out of condition spares everywhere else.  He wasn't happy with either the SEC or the B1G move so my guess is he leaves for the NFL for whichever team takes Caleb Williams, especially if they start losing games in the back half of this season with that schedule.

20 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe Los Angeles is more interesting to him than Norman/okc 

I don’t disagree, my son went to the USC camp in Los Angeles this summer. We spent a week out there and absolutely love it. I totally get it that LA is better than Norman, anyone that argues is wrong. With that said I personally would never want to raise kids in LA, but obviously I’m in the minority. There is a reason 800 billion people live there, and I enjoy going all the time. But I love coming back home to Oklahoma. I would live in Austin before LA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

I don’t disagree, my son went to the USC camp in Los Angeles this summer. We spent a week out there and absolutely love it. I totally get it that LA is better than Norman, anyone that argues is wrong. With that said I personally would never want to raise kids in LA, but obviously I’m in the minority. There is a reason 800 billion people live there, and I enjoy going all the time. But I love coming back home to Oklahoma. I would live in Austin before LA. 

Yeah but you're a normal person. Being rich as hell in LA really tilts the scales because you are immune to the COL concerns and get to live in a mansion in Malibu.

Something I think was probably appealing on a personal level is the level of privacy. There's zero chance Riley or anyone in his family could go anywhere in Norman and surrounds without everyone knowing exactly who they were and being the center of attention. His family can actually have a life in LA without everything they do being front page news.

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah but you're a normal person. Being rich as hell in LA really tilts the scales because you are immune to the COL concerns and get to live in a mansion in Malibu.

Something I think was probably appealing on a personal level is the level of privacy. There's zero chance Riley or anyone in his family could go anywhere in Norman and surrounds without everyone knowing exactly who they were and being the center of attention. His family can actually have a life in LA without everything they do being front page news.

You are 100% correct. When I moved to Miami in my 20’s I got a job as a landscaper pretty quick. I made quite a bit more than I didn’t in Oklahoma when I got there. I felt great about myself, then one day I was talking to the guy who owned the company and let him know how great I felt. And hit me with reality. He goes “there are two kinds of people in Miami, really fucking rich people and really fucking poor people. And I know how much you make and you’re not really fucking rich”. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

LA isn’t for me either.  Would want to head on down the coast until the people density thinned way out and the fun things to do are mostly outside activities and not bars or restaurants. 

This is getting a lot of pub out here.  A local beat reporter reported on something he overheard rather than from something during an official press conference and got suspended from SC football for 2 weeks and had his credential pulled.  So bush league.  The reporting was positive, just stepped out of protocols.  Word is LR was pretty militant with the press in Norman too. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2023-09-20/usc-football-banning-reporter-wrong-plaschke

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

A local beat reporter got suspended from SC football 2 wks - so bush league.  The reporting was positive, just stepped out of protocols.  Word is LR was pretty militant with the press in Norman too. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2023-09-20/usc-football-banning-reporter-wrong-plaschke

Have you seen the criminal things LR does to a brisket...  

🚨🚨 Warning... NSFW  🚨🚨

Spoiler

riley-brisket.jpg

Riley acted like a paranoid cunt in Norman. Wasn’t there some crazy story about the dorms having view of the practice field and him freaking out about it? He seems super insecure. You can’t pull the same shit in LA where they have real media compared to the lapdogs in Norman that are glorified mouthpieces for the university. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This is getting a lot of pub out here.  A local beat reporter reported on something he overheard rather than from something during an official press conference and got suspended from SC football for 2 weeks and had his credential pulled.  So bush league.  The reporting was positive, just stepped out of protocols.  Word is LR was pretty militant with the press in Norman too. 

Press in college towns are generally pretty favorable.  (The OU media can actually be tough, though.)

Press in big cities and pro towns are harsh.  Same thing happened to Urban Meyer.  He got away with most everything in Gainesville and Columbus but even in a small NFL market, he was under the scrutiny of the NFL media.

Riley was cunty with the press in Norman, too.  Just doesn't like to be challenged.  Wait until he starts losing.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Riley acted like a paranoid cunt in Norman. Wasn’t there some crazy story about the dorms having view of the practice field and him freaking out about it? He seems super insecure. You can’t pull the same shit in LA where they have real media compared to the lapdogs in Norman that are glorified mouthpieces for the university. 

Would someone insecure get a belly tat?

And fuck that bitch.  He’s a pussy to the core. I said it after the OSU loss and before he left. It’s on here.  I wanted his ass gone.  Baby shit soft D every motherfucking year.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tbone_ said:

He could usually score more than zero points though

Doesn’t even sting.  We are already back.  Last year?  Had zero chance and I made good money on you guys.

Now two top ten teams playing in Dallas and losing by 50?  I feel that hurts a bit more.  I seen them tears.  See you in Dallas.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Lincoln Riley really does seem to have a lot of bitchass tendencies to him. I have a conspiracy theory that he doesnt hire a real DC because a real DC would in theory be a great coach, and he doesnt wanna bring in another great coach because that coach might make him look less important. Just a theory, seems like a dude with that kind of ego.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lincoln Riley really does seem to have a lot of bitchass tendencies to him. I have a conspiracy theory that he doesnt hire a real DC because a real DC would in theory he a great coach, and he doesnt wanna bring in another great coach because that coach might make him look less important. Just a theory, seems like a dude with that kind of ego.

I think it's about the paranoia noted above.  Wants to keep knowledge of his offense "in the family".   Once you're in the inner sanctum it's hard to be pushed out, and once you're out it's hard to get in. 

Doesn’t even sting.  We are already back.  Last year?  Had zero chance and I made good money on you guys.

Now two top ten teams playing in Dallas and losing by 50?  I feel that hurts a bit more.  I seen them tears.  See you in Dallas.  

Yea I know. But still, zero? Lol

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean.  Did you watch?  Probably the worst QB I’ve ever seen for any division 1 team.  Enjoy scoreboard, like you obviously are.  

I mean. I watched from the 50 yard line  and I saw 49-0. And it wasn’t even that close. OU got beat at every single position. Every position. Badly. 

3 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I mean. I watched from the 50 yard line  and I saw 49-0. And it wasn’t even that close. OU got beat at every single position. Every position. Badly. 

Yes.  On D that’s how they get beat under LR anyway. Every position badly.  Just had a QB to help keep up.  Obviously that cupboard was bare.  If you think 49-0 happens w a healthy Gabriel,  not sure what to tell you.  

This wasn’t a 50 point beat down with both teams top 10 at full strength.  We have seen that in Dallas.  Does that make me feel better?  Yes.  My ass is soothed.  Can’t wait to get back down there.  Can’t be 49-0, so no fear.  

On 9/21/2023 at 3:37 PM, Sbbruin said:

Sounds totally on brand. This is the same douchebag who blurred out dorm room windows because they oversaw the practice field. That story continues to amuse me.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  On D that’s how they get beat under LR anyway. Every position badly.  Just had a QB to help keep up.  Obviously that cupboard was bare.  If you think 49-0 happens w a healthy Gabriel,  not sure what to tell you.  

This wasn’t a 50 point beat down with both teams top 10 at full strength.  We have seen that in Dallas.  Does that make me feel better?  Yes.  My ass is soothed.  Can’t wait to get back down there.  Can’t be 49-0, so no fear.  

I think Gabriel is really damn good. And I think the OU roster is decent. Not what it has been in the past, but pretty solid. My only point is that OU got hit in the mouth last year and completely quit.

I’ve seen us get blasted in that game more times than I want to remember. But last year, the entire OU team quit. Every player, every coach, every assistant, every fan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I think Gabriel is really damn good. And I think the OU roster is decent. Not what it has been in the past, but pretty solid. My only point is that OU got hit in the mouth last year and completely quit.

I’ve seen us get blasted in that game more times than I want to remember. But last year, the entire OU team quit. Every player, every coach, every assistant, every fan. 

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Agreed.  It was pathetic.  Zero doubt.  
My ass quit before the game - posted my bet on here before kick.  And I’ve never done that in the 15ish years I’ve been a member of these communities.  I think the team quitting obviously means justtt a bit more.  But we are back.  Will at least be respectable down there.  I’ll bet on that.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

He was headed to UCLA last year, fully committed but his OC went to OU and he bounced.  Then DTR came back so no harm.  But I’d rather have Dante Moore than Dillon Gabriel.

On 9/13/2023 at 7:36 PM, statsman said:

I think it’s hilarious how much Sooners hate Lincoln Riley. 

(I absolutely understand leaving Oklahoma for USC). 

Some are likely just upset, but I think most Sooners are angry not that it happened, but that it became apparent afterward that he had been planning it for most of the season while still coaching at OU.  Then he actively recruited current players he wanted including flying back from the bowl game on a private jet where he had Caleb Williams and his family with him.

But more than all of this, I think most are embarrassed that they may have tried to defend his brisket.   That’s a shame that will never leave someone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

Some are likely just upset, but I think most Sooners are angry not that it happened, but that it became apparent afterward that he had been planning it for most of the season while still coaching at OU.  Then he actively recruited current players he wanted including flying back from the bowl game on a private jet where he had Caleb Williams and his family with him.

But more than all of this, I think most are embarrassed that they may have tried to defend his brisket.   That’s a shame that will never leave someone.

He even took his mistress who was director of recruiting and hired her husband as the TE coach at USC. He wanted to swing in the comfort of LA on the beach so he could tan his belly tat in the sun.

3 hours ago, ABSR said:

Oh, we knew he was ethically challenged, and paid no heed to principles of fair play, written  and unwritten, like every Sooner coach from Fairbanks on, to one degree or another, with the possible exception of Gibbs. (Did you know he made a play for Xavier Worthy to go to USC?).  That’s why it’s funny to see Sooners react like this now, much like with Schnelly in ‘95, when he was abusing players. Sooners hire these assholes and encourage their asshole behavior, and then are wounded when they take their assholery too far. 😂

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I have them finishing 8-4. Utah, ND, Oregon, and Washington all look like teams that would curbstomp a Lincoln Riley squad. It’s amazing how consistently overrated he is.

Air Raid gonna Air Raid. 

I've screamed it for years, but I believe they're is something about practicing that offense that takes away from how the defense practices. I've not been to one, I'll be damned if almost every Air Raid team suffers a similar fate. QB puts up video game numbers and the defense struggles to make plays against semk-competent offenses. 

I think it may be intended, like the Run & Shoot, Veer & Shoot, and the Hal Mumme / Capt Leach Air Raid. .. Take a team with lesser defensive talent, and decide to minimize the impact of average defense by putting up an unmatchable number of points and hoping the other team can't execute as well on offense. 

I think practicing for it doesn't get the defensive players enough of the right kind of practice. I could be wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...