Unbelievable-but-true things

TexArcher

Guest Lobo

It's unbelievable to me, but it's true and it's happening right now.  Grown men in offices, wearing fleece vests.  In Austin.  In May.  I didn't fuck believe it was still going on (both this late in the spring and this far along in evolution)...but here it is all over downtown Austin right now.  Still.  The week of Memorial Day.  

12 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Jesus.  The difference between 1985 and 1997 seems much more stark than 2006 to 2018.  Other than phones, what's really different?

Plasma TV's and everyone wore white sneakers?

1985 wasn't as "80's" as depicted in that movie.   They hammed it up some.  Still though.

It's not about the Money Money Money for ABBA... as they 'turn down $1 billion for a reunion tour'

Yep...that ABBA...turns out they've got an ass load of money.  From all the use of their songs in movies, sampling their music endless times, and just sales of their music...

A BILLION for 8 concerts....for fucking ABBA....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2601847/Its-not-Money-Money-Money-ABBA-admit-turning-1billion-reunion.html#ixzz5GBuEahM6 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

On 5/20/2018 at 7:43 AM, brakeman said:

Columbian_exchange_pic.png

horses and camels evolved in north america, cross the ice age land bridge from alaska into siberia (going to opposite direction of humans) died out here, and then were reintroduced 

What life was like in America the last time aggy allegedly won a natty:

Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz premieres

Regular television broadcasts begin in th U.S.

Germany invades Poland and Russian troops invade Finland

Lou Gehrig retires after being diagnosed with ALS

Thailand changes its name from Siam

The Manhattan Project was formed

Average cost of a new house is $3,800

Average cost of a new car is $700

Gas is 10 cents per gallon

12 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

It's not about the Money Money Money for ABBA... as they 'turn down $1 billion for a reunion tour'

Yep...that ABBA...turns out they've got an ass load of money.  From all the use of their songs in movies, sampling their music endless times, and just sales of their music...

A BILLION for 8 concerts....for fucking ABBA....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2601847/Its-not-Money-Money-Money-ABBA-admit-turning-1billion-reunion.html#ixzz5GBuEahM6 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Even more unbelievable: People would have paid good money to attend an ABBA concert.

AIDS came from people fucking monkeys in Africa.  It was propagated among humans, in part, from dudes fucking each other in the ass.
For clarity the SIV virus was most likely transferred to humans by eating infected bush meat. Then the ass fucking.

This may not be "unbelievable" to most people, but purportedly all the gold ever mined in the world could fit into a cube with sides measuring 20 meters, which still bottles my mind.

Edited by 686

20 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

What life was like in America the last time aggy allegedly won a natty:

Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz premieres

Regular television broadcasts begin in th U.S.

Germany invades Poland and Russian troops invade Finland

Lou Gehrig retires after being diagnosed with ALS

Thailand changes its name from Siam

The Manhattan Project was formed

Average cost of a new house is $3,800

Average cost of a new car is $700

Gas is 10 cents per gallon

Yeah, and I read somewhere that Texas A&M's only national championship is closer by date to Abraham Lincoln's assassination than to today.

• Haha 1

Jesus.  The difference between 1985 and 1997 seems much more stark than 2006 to 2018.  Other than phones, what's really different?
I caught 40 Year Old Virgin the other day, which was set in the present day of 2006, and there really wasn't much difference. Shirt style was a little off, but nowhere near the discrepancy of '85 to' 97.

I'm still fucked up on Billy Squier making millions upon millions on samples of The Big Beat.  You could set up a bass drum and a snare and, never having seen either of those instruments before in your life and with any audio institute dropout placing sm57s, record that beat within 15 minutes.  And I don't think that there's even a mechanism in the legal definition of a song to describe that as being derivative of another work.  And Billy Squier didn't even play the part (and there's no such thing as masterminding it).  Fuck.

12 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm still fucked up on Billy Squier making millions upon millions on samples of The Big Beat.  You could set up a bass drum and a snare and, never having seen either of those instruments before in your life and with any audio institute dropout placing sm57s, record that beat within 15 minutes.  And I don't think that there's even a mechanism in the legal definition of a song to describe that as being derivative of another work.  And Billy Squier didn't even play the part (and there's no such thing as masterminding it).  Fuck.

The beauty of being a solo artist, you get to make all the rules

This may not be "unbelievable" to most people, but purportedly all the gold ever mined in the world could fit into a cube with sides measuring 20 meters, which still bottles my mind.
With all the aggy rings that will need to be produced in the coming decades those dipshits may be fucked.

57 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Judge Judy makes 47M a year and is one of the highest paid tv personalities (top 3?) 

That's just amazing. kind of an interesting lawsuit going on with it too. 

22 hours ago, DaysOff said:
On 5/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ojo Rojo said:
AIDS came from people fucking monkeys in Africa.  It was propagated among humans, in part, from dudes fucking each other in the ass.

For clarity the SIV virus was most likely transferred to humans by eating infected bush meat. Then the ass fucking.

Well that's not what Dave Chappelle said.

On May 20, 2018 at 5:41 AM, McCroskey said:

There is actually an organization that allows you to pay 35k Euros for the chance to run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days.

worldmarathonchallenge.com

I can offer that deal cheaper I think.  A series of plane tickets from one continent to the next with 5+ hour layovers.  tell them to get off the plane, run 13.1 miles turn around and get on the plane.

• Haha 1